Stumc
Stumc New Reader
1/21/17 8:16 p.m.

As above...I cant figure it out! help!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/21/17 8:41 p.m.

I dont think you can.

You'd have to get in touch with a moderator and have them do it. They are the ones with the name in red. EastCoastMojo is one.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/17 8:44 p.m.

Unpossible for us mere mortals.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/17 6:29 a.m.

I did it once. It was easy. I merely had to whine that I made a terrible mistake and could someone fix it for me? And a day or two later, it was fixed

Mods is good people here.

Alternatively, if nobody's replied to it yet, I think you can delete the post and start over again. Deleting posts here has weird effects, though, like some central database still says the post is there, so I wouldn't recommend this method in case it breaks something.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
1/22/17 6:53 a.m.

You have to be a superhero to do it.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/22/17 7:38 a.m.

In reply to Stumc:

Post up the thread title and what you would like it changed to here, and I'll take care of it for you.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/17 8:14 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: In reply to Stumc: Post up the thread title and what you would like it changed to here, and I'll take care of it for you.

Can we do that with other people's threads too?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/22/17 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

If it's a really good request, I'll consider it.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
1/22/17 12:42 p.m.

One of the (many) 'charming' quirks of the GRM boards

Stumc
Stumc New Reader
2/13/17 8:59 p.m.

Ah ha! Ok, well I just wanted to edit for things like new update in my build thread, nothing crucial and I don't expect the mods to change it every time I pop the hood and want to update my build thread!

Thanks for the replies though gentlefolk

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
2/14/17 12:29 a.m.

you know, this brings up a idea i had about an old UBB board i used to be on. when looking at build threads, one rarely wants to know EVERY time someone posts to a build thread. but, it would be cool to see the date of the most recent thread starters comment. so the thread title would look like this:

1988 Ford mustang with FE 460 TT swap. (02.13.2017)

this date would change every time the topic starter posted in that thread. this way you would know when additions to the build thread were made, not just every time someone posted a 'cool project' comment, which is a waste of time to anyone but the thread author. now, i wasn't able to make UBB do it. i could only set up individual users to see when other individual users made board posts. it wasn't very helpful. im also certainly not asking mods to comb project threads and change tag line dates every day. but, i wonder, is this something that could be automated?

just a thought.

-J0N

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tWTrPlW58Or5VWJuYaTnMo0Z11OWcosvoHXzXYMSSDneVNAAkCzq1HpxsWzbnKwW