1 2 3 4 ... 6
Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/9/11 12:39 p.m.

Either you have it or you don't. you can't "do" anything about it.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
9/9/11 12:40 p.m.

I'll have to post a picture of 2 weeks deep.... see if there's any suggestions on how to make what i've got a throne of manliness?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork

Sorry I misunderstood the Gay Pirate thing. I notice that men who wear turbans often rock a major beard, have you tried wearing a turban?

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
Gimp wrote: Sometimes you just aren't cut out for it. This was Thanksgiving to Christmas last year... and yes, I died it for the photos (the mustache part): For what it's worth, I just rock the chops...

Sometimes no beard is better...

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/9/11 12:52 p.m.
Joshua wrote: Sometimes no beard is better...

hater...

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
9/9/11 1:00 p.m.

Some people use their testosterone to grow beards. Some have better uses for it. So congratulations!

Seriously though, some folk just have thin facial hair. So be it. Though many a thin beard gets along by being tightly trimmed and just pencil lining the jawline.

Hal
Hal Dork
9/9/11 1:12 p.m.

Had one from age 25 to 35. Got tired of keeping it trimmed and clean so I cut back to just the mustache until it started to turn gray.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/9/11 1:15 p.m.

Shaving will not make it come in thicker. There is probably a correlation to testosterone levels or something like that. Give me 3 days and ill have a decent beard because I got the harry genes. I shave every day because my boss threatened to fire me if I don't shave. I'll get a two day picture on Sunday.

Gimp, those chops are sexy though... uhh, no homo.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
9/9/11 1:59 p.m.

Kenny used to be my hero...........Dolly too.

Six wives later...............

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
9/9/11 2:02 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Some people use their testosterone to grow beards. Some have better uses for it. So congratulations! Seriously though, some folk just have thin facial hair. So be it. Though many a thin beard gets along by being tightly trimmed and just pencil lining the jawline.

Yep. Stop playing with yourself. It's better for the beard!

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
9/9/11 2:16 p.m.
modernbeat wrote:
foxtrapper wrote: Some people use their testosterone to grow beards. Some have better uses for it. So congratulations! Seriously though, some folk just have thin facial hair. So be it. Though many a thin beard gets along by being tightly trimmed and just pencil lining the jawline.
Yep. Stop playing with yourself. It's better for the beard!

Ever played with a beard? The other is a lot more fun to play with.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
9/9/11 2:25 p.m.

Get a case of the berkeleyits and let it ride. You all saw what happens when I don't shave for a year in my baby thread.

Josh
Josh Dork
9/9/11 2:48 p.m.

The path to a sweet beard: not being a Bob Costas who worries about how silly they look for however long it takes the glory to arrive.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
9/9/11 3:48 p.m.

I'm betting it's more genes than testosterone... I first grew a beard while in the Navy on my first Med cruise in '69.... it's only been off for ~ 6 -- 8 mo ( one time ) since then.... I've always hated to shave.... fwiw it's been it's been 42 yrs since I saw my upper lip

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/9/11 3:50 p.m.

Have you tried rubbing chicken E36 M3 on your face? Works every time.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
9/9/11 3:53 p.m.

I can pretty much stop shaving and by Five pm be mistaken for a pirate. Mine did take a bit to return after the radiation treatments.

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/9/11 3:53 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Have you tried rubbing chicken E36 M3 on your face? Works every time.

Can you make a tutorial video for me and host it on youtube?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/9/11 4:09 p.m.

If you don't get fullness due to the number of folicles, you can fake it with length.

I have a red (and white now that I'm getting older) beard. Until it is about 3 weeks in, it just looks like crap.

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/9/11 4:20 p.m.

So basically stay in it for another week or two and see what happens? I might lose the stache, though. Looks horrible and i don't think it'll ever meet the cheekstuffs.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/9/11 4:25 p.m.

Apparently you grow them very slowly.

Be glad, some days I have to shave twice.

I've considered letting it grow, but I never make it past the itchy stage. 7 days is as long as I have let it grow. By then it's driving me crazy.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
9/9/11 4:43 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: So basically stay in it for another week or two and see what happens? I might lose the stache, though. Looks horrible and i don't think it'll ever meet the cheekstuffs.

You shouldn't ask for advice without posting pics. If you're concerned about your looks and come here for advice, we need evidence.

And why the concern with having one, anyway?

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/9/11 4:45 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: So basically stay in it for another week or two and see what happens? I might lose the stache, though. Looks horrible and i don't think it'll ever meet the cheekstuffs.
You shouldn't ask for advice without posting pics. If you're concerned about your looks and come here for advice, we need evidence. And why the concern with having one, anyway?

I'm a hot chick, dude.... i wouldn't post pics here because i'd be worried about leghumping.

And i don't know... i just want one. I'm impulsive like that.

Also see: Recent Miata Purchase.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
9/9/11 5:15 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

What? You buy a Miata and now want to grow a manly beard?

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/9/11 5:20 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: What? You buy a Miata and now want to grow a manly beard?

Trying to compensate. A cute boy like myself with a boyish face garners a lot of.... "attention" when driving a Miata.

No really.... i'm just impulsive. I want a beard. I wanted a roadster randomly, so we bought a turbo miata. Only logical. I want a turbo beard.

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
9/9/11 5:23 p.m.

I drive a Miata. I have a beard.

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pS8LSGSdCTE4zsOiWY3bVBMeGZilP7WSuw5b60e5zAayeNhtBlO67xPRtFF4qFkc