Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/22 1:27 p.m.

I haven't had a resume for a decade, but it might be time to start looking again. Sure I could put one together myself, but if I'm actually going to jump ship it seems worthwhile to pay someone who will give me the best chance of getting past keyword searches & random HR people.

Any advice or suggestions?

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/25/22 3:21 p.m.

What exactly do you do again besides harbor flyin'  squirrelz.......and TP's?

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/25/22 5:28 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

I work in a very strange contract industry, so "normal" resume writes can only make mine look like I'm trying to "polish" my way into a job. 
But am interested to see where this goes. 

11/25/22 5:41 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I'm a data analyst. 

Don Fip
Don Fip GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/25/22 8:35 p.m.

I was working on my resume a few months ago and saw in this thread a company called domyresume.net was recommended by 84FSP.  I ended up using them for writing a new resume and to also update my LinkedIn profile.  Once assigned a writer, I sent over a resume I already had and some job postings I was interested in, then had a 30 min "interview" to do a brain dump with the writer.  They did a great job on the resume and I did get more calls.  I didnt really notice any difference with LinkedIn, and I probably could have just used the resume sections they wrote for me to just update my profile so probably would not recommend that part unless you have a minimal LinkedIn profile.

11/26/22 7:03 a.m.

In reply to Don Fip :

Thanks!

I suppose LinkedIn has the potential to be a good tool, but what little time I was on it it appeared to mostly be headhunters & people set on climbing their way to to top. I'll have to check if I still have an account, I think I deleted it a while back. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/26/22 7:52 a.m.

Interestingly enough, some of the worst spammers on boards like this are resume writers from overseas.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6ujb9w5f2fBua65GmbnN1uDOm6nxhuck585cEaVuqS7w5oFss9QLsLJVh3wpPk7H