1 2 3
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/21 1:35 p.m.

Glad he's doing well and hope he gets back home and bugs you doing things.  Way better than the other side.

I also miss Jim.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/21 2:06 p.m.

Sounds like the PT motivated him to get up and recover from this. He is old and may not have a lot left but it's awesome that he is up and moving. It's a huge first step.. 

(my wife is an inpatient rehab PT and they do amazing things)

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/31/21 4:04 p.m.

Dad passed away early this morning. 

Dad had been doing fairly well in assisted living with only a few ups and downs from which he always bounced back. His condition took a turn for the worse a few days ago. Weak and in bed, not eating or drinking, then put on oxygen. 

Got a call at 4 a.m. this morning that he was deteriorating fast. I was on my way when I got a call from the hospice nurse that he had passed.

We made arrangements today.

I should have kept this thread updated, my bad. There were good times and a few not so good.

98 ain't bad, not bad at all.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/31/21 4:06 p.m.
fasted58 said:

Dad passed away early this morning. 

Dad had been doing fairly well in assisted living with only a few ups and downs from which he always bounced back. His condition took a turn for the worse a few days ago. Weak and in bed, not eating or drinking, then put on oxygen. 

Got a call at 4 a.m. this morning that he was deteriorating fast. I was on my way when I got a call from the hospice nurse that he had passed.

We made arrangements today.

I should have kept this thread updated, my bad. There were good times and a few not so good.

98 ain't bad, not bad at all.

I'm really sorry to hear this, 98 ain't bad at all 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
12/31/21 6:29 p.m.

Sorry for your loss. 98 is damn good!

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/31/21 6:33 p.m.

Sorry for your loss - I was doing triple digits trying to make it home to be with Mom and missed it by 5min.  

Be well and understand this time just sucks. Be kind to yourself and just step back when you need to.

It will sort itself out but it's a marathon not a sprint.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/31/21 6:42 p.m.

I'm sorry for your loss.  98 is a hell of a run 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
12/31/21 7:09 p.m.

I’m so sorry for your loss.  98 mostly independent years is amazing but still.  Take care of yourself in the coming days and please check in here for support.  We’re here. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/21 7:35 p.m.

I was sorry to see this thread back up as I knew what the reason had to be.  Glad he had such a long run.  My thoughts are with you.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/31/21 7:40 p.m.

E36 M3 man, I'm sorry to hear it. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/31/21 8:58 p.m.

Condolences man. Sorry to hear this. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
12/31/21 9:27 p.m.

Sorry to see this. On a positive note I'm sure everyone here would be ok with making it to 98. I know I would. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/21 9:34 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

I have been there, and I understand this better than you can probably understand at this point in time. 

I raise my glass to you and your father. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/1/22 7:54 a.m.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

My condolences.  98 is a good run.  It bodes well for you.  Just think of the times you had, that is a gift.  Sad to say, but grief is the payment we make for love.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/22 5:08 p.m.

Sorry for your loss, at least he had a good run and it sounds like he was doing well quite nearly to the end.

neverdone
neverdone Reader
1/1/22 7:40 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :I'm sorry for your loss.

Caprigrip
Caprigrip New Reader
1/2/22 12:24 p.m.

You are a great son.   Condolences for your loss but take solace that your dad was proud of you. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/3/22 12:50 a.m.

Thank you all for your thoughts and condolences, they are much appreciated.

I'll try to fill in the gaps from where I left off earlier to present.

There are a lot of good memories with Dad and I will share a few of the best stories. 

Viewing is today and burial is Tuesday. 

Damn, I miss Dad and our routine already.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ULEYNHrEONKprU2PiXDw8ek9ptfimSVllrosSswgojTidDi9vuehpowcW7ckImZ8