1 2 3 4 5
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/11 8:30 p.m.

Boxier the better. Old school boxy SUVs are awesome!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/11 8:31 p.m.

And once again, I am the first post on page 2. What is going on with me?!?!

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
9/14/11 8:35 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Sorry Tommy, no self-respecktin red-neck would drive a furrin' truck.

I wholeheartedly disagree here is proof! http://youtu.be/9qeYYakv83A

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/14/11 8:40 p.m.

Hillbilly.

corytate
corytate Reader
9/14/11 9:10 p.m.

man this makes me miss my trooper. I drove it for a year or so (long time for me, got rid of cars pretty regularly) and had absolutely no problems out of it.
the next body style from yours but I'm guessing the same engine?
winter mode saved my ass a couple times
pushed an s10 out of a BIG ditch with the trooper pretty easily, just nosed up to the back bumper of the truck, put it in 4 low, and slowly pushed it out, then got out of the ditch myself with barely any trouble.
I'd buy one again in a heartbeat if I had any need for one lol

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/14/11 9:15 p.m.

I was expecting this. Bonus points for a gun rack.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
9/14/11 9:22 p.m.

My recently-acquired redneck truck actually came with a gun rack. I'm pretty sure it wasn't factory installed...but still...redneck cred.

Yours looks cool, Tommy. Have fun with it. My advice is to keep it stock, or at least functional! Hauling friends, gear, and bikes is a good thing to be capable of!

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
9/14/11 10:35 p.m.
ClemSparks wrote: My recently-acquired redneck truck actually came with a gun rack. I'm pretty sure it wasn't factory installed...but still...redneck cred. Yours looks cool, Tommy. Have fun with it. My advice is to keep it stock, or at least functional! Hauling friends, gear, and bikes is a good thing to be capable of!

it even has the proper amount of lug nuts and a brush guard that looks like it has protected the grille from something more substantial than brush..

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
9/14/11 10:56 p.m.

nice buy, now just have to post pics...but i have to agree with everyone that it is not a redneck toy till you start modding it. if nothing else..lift and ls1 works.....everyone said a rebal flag but i would say the japanese battle flag if nothing else.

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/14/11 11:11 p.m.

rattle can camo paint job ftw

pilotbraden
pilotbraden HalfDork
9/15/11 10:03 a.m.

Nice truck. A friend had a brown one years ago. It was very good off road. We called it "The Pooper".

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
9/15/11 12:30 p.m.

That isn't a redneck truck. A redneck truck requires an open pickup bed to throw empty beer cans into while you drive.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
9/15/11 12:48 p.m.

LOLZ. (Sorry, Tommy)

Marjorie Suddard wrote: DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Otherwise, your grades will drop and then who's gonna drive that truck? That's right, howdy howdy howdy, look at me, I'm a redneck. Mom
corytate
corytate Reader
9/15/11 1:27 p.m.
Snowdoggie wrote: That isn't a redneck truck. A redneck truck requires an open pickup bed to throw empty beer cans into while you drive.

in the trooper you just toss them over your shoulder. no need to worry about them flying out, they may, however, hit the backseat passengers in the face

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
9/16/11 1:45 a.m.
corytate wrote:
Snowdoggie wrote: That isn't a redneck truck. A redneck truck requires an open pickup bed to throw empty beer cans into while you drive.
in the trooper you just toss them over your shoulder. no need to worry about them flying out, they may, however, hit the backseat passengers in the face

the aerodynamic properties of an open pickup bed causes an empty beverage can to get sucked into the bed and up against the front of the box unless you crush it first and try really hard to get it out past the boundary layer of air to hit mailbox or road sign of some sort..

SCIENCE ftw..

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/16/11 2:36 a.m.

Science, or experience?

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/16/11 2:42 a.m.

yur gonna want a slider rear window in that PU for extended road trips to pass the tap hose from the iced kegger in the bed to the cab... same w/ passin' the doob from the cab to the riders in the bed. n geezus, w/ alunimun cans at seventy centapound can't be tossin' em at mailboxes n e more

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
9/16/11 2:55 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: yur gonna want a slider rear window in that PU for extended road trips to pass the tap hose from the iced kegger in the bed to the cab... same w/ passin' the doob from the cab to the riders in the bed. n geezus, w/ alunimun cans at seventy centapound can't be tossin' em at mailboxes n e more

gotta make it worth their time if you expect the adopt-a-highway people to bother cleaning up their stretch of the road..

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
9/16/11 2:55 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Science, or experience?

yes.

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/16/11 4:20 a.m.

canoe biotch

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
9/16/11 4:37 a.m.

That was an odd canoe for a thread about rednecks....

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
9/16/11 4:43 a.m.

... maybe rednecks like discount handbags too, i dunno

donalson
donalson SuperDork
9/16/11 1:31 p.m.
integraguy wrote: Sorry, but I agree, no self-respecting redneck would ever drive...heck, never RIDE in a furrin built pickup or SUV.

sorry guys but we've got a minor correction to make... as an expert in redneck activities due to my living on the Redneck Riviera for the past 15 years there is ONE furrin truck that is acceptable... an older toyota pickem-up-truck is totally OK... although it may be looked down upon vs the obvious 'merican options... unless you put a chebby "motor" in it.

as for tommies alleged redneck mobile... sorry but perhaps the posure rednecks from up north may roll one...

but it is a nice looking one... and i'd happily drive one

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
9/16/11 2:03 p.m.

Old Tacos with hunting platforms in the back are pretty common in the small towns around here.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/16/11 2:09 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
fasted58 wrote: yur gonna want a slider rear window in that PU for extended road trips to pass the tap hose from the iced kegger in the bed to the cab... same w/ passin' the doob from the cab to the riders in the bed. n geezus, w/ alunimun cans at seventy centapound can't be tossin' em at mailboxes n e more
gotta make it worth their time if you expect the adopt-a-highway people to bother cleaning up their stretch of the road..

laff.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1TkjyIQb52Drva0z4hNTNu6cw8mTdAB7d7PEGq93OgrDBflQG2277TzCyeX4bEak