1 2
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/13/08 10:58 a.m.

And do not understand why this bombastic, opinionated little toad keeps expanding his presence on my television. It was bad, bad, bad when he arrived on "Inside the NFL" and relegated the superb Cris Collinsworth to sidekick status. It's even worse to have him yammering away during the (purported) Olympics coverage. That is all.

Margie

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 11:01 a.m.

I don't watch football, but I will say that his coverage bridges the gap between "entertainingly inane" and "dullard speak". I don't know what they did before him.

integraguy
integraguy Reader
8/13/08 11:13 a.m.

Wow, I thought it was just me. I'm not a huge fan of sports, but what really turns me off is all the talking/commentating that goes on. Monday night I got home late and turned on the Olympics (somewhat by accident) and was really getting into it....until they switched to Mr. Costas for his $0.02 worth. Sorry NBC, sports "personalities" need to be seen AND heard, RARELY....if at all.

Bob Costas and Bob Sagat.........twins, seperated at birth?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 11:19 a.m.
integraguy wrote: Bob Costas and Bob Sagat.........twins, seperated at birth?

naa.. Bob Sagat's comedy is way dirtier than bob costas could ever hope to be in a Tijuana back room.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/13/08 11:28 a.m.

A man walks into a talent agent's office

captainzib
captainzib New Reader
8/13/08 11:32 a.m.

I hate all comentators except the guys that do F1 coverage for Speed. They at least talk about E36 M3 that isn't a "duh" opinion.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/13/08 11:34 a.m.
GlennS wrote: A man walks into a talent agent's office

Filthiest. Joke. Ever.

captainzib
captainzib New Reader
8/13/08 11:35 a.m.

The Aristocrats?

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
8/13/08 11:37 a.m.

As the intertubes go wild with Google searches on the subject.

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
8/13/08 11:42 a.m.

Apparently,from what I've seen recently, Mr. Costas is a major Bela Karolyi fanboi.

Greekback Mountain?

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
8/13/08 11:52 a.m.
ignorant wrote:
integraguy wrote: Bob Costas and Bob Sagat.........twins, seperated at birth?
naa.. Bob Sagat's comedy is way dirtier than bob costas could ever hope to be in a Tijuana back room.

Dirty, yes. Funny, no.

Its like an eleven year old boy saying dirty words for the first time so he continues to repeat them. 3 minutes into any of his acts it becomes apparent he is just trying to lose the image from the TV show.

His comedy is weak at best.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/13/08 12:13 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: superb Cris Collinsworth to sidekick status.

Wow! I never thought I'd see the word superb and Chris Collinsworth in the same sentence. I think he's the worst football announcer alive, besides maybe Dan Dierdorf who makes me constantly yell at the T.V.

I'll agree that Costas does suck at anything but baseball coverage. His ego is Godzilla sized.

Collinsworth does suck though.....sucks bad.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/13/08 12:19 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
GlennS wrote: A man walks into a talent agent's office
Filthiest. Joke. Ever.

Its one of the first things that comes to mind when bob sagat is mentioned.

Marjorie Suddard
8/13/08 12:32 p.m.

Announcing, fine, Collinsworth has the usual problem with knowing when to shut up. For commentary, knowledgeable analysis, and good coanchor chemistry, which is what "Inside the NFL" needed, he was aces over the hateful Costas. (And now that I think of it, who made the jump to Showtime? Oooh, lookee that--no Costas!!)

Margie

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/13/08 12:36 p.m.

As we go further into the olympics, Bob Costas gets more bug-eyed and out of it. I'm guessing that his diet consists of pretty much straight caffeine and he's a walking zombie already, it'll be interesting to see how bad it will get before they let the guy get some sleep.

All of the commentators are horrible, IMO, mostly because they never shut the hell up, but also because they usually have horrible personalities. The lady doing interviews at the swimming pool is the worst so far, she asks the most retarded questions and responds to the swimmer's comments with completely irrelevant jabber. The other weird personality with NBC is that manlady. You know, the lady that's been doing the happy-feel-good stories about China, its people, and its culture a couple times per day. It looks mostly like a she, but sounds like a he and I keep checking for an adam's apple. How is it possible that this is the best they can come up with? What kind of bassackwards talent filters does NBC use to weed out all the good people and toss them to the wayside so that these people are the ones that finally make the cut? Weird.

Bryce

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 12:45 p.m.

I watch as I'm getting ready for work in the morning, and the talent @ 5am is not terrible.

Josh
Josh Reader
8/13/08 1:14 p.m.

Whenever I see Chris Collinsworth on TV, I expect him to start talking about his $3,000 suit (C'MON!).

Marjorie Suddard
8/13/08 1:22 p.m.

Bunch of haters.

Margie

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 2:22 p.m.
Josh wrote: Whenever I see Chris Collinsworth on TV, I expect him to start talking about his $3,000 suit (C'MON!).

GOB he is not.

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
8/13/08 2:59 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Its like an eleven year old boy saying dirty words for the first time so he continues to repeat them. 3 minutes into any of his acts it becomes apparent he is still just trying to lose the image from the TV show. His comedy is weak.

Fixed that for ya...

And Marjie, it could be worse... it could be Bryant Gumble.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
8/13/08 4:06 p.m.
scotaku wrote: And Marjie, it could be worse... it could be Bryant Gumble.

You beat me to it.

And Collingsworth has bad hair.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/13/08 5:11 p.m.
scotaku wrote:
z31maniac wrote: Its like an eleven year old boy saying dirty words for the first time so he continues to repeat them. 3 minutes into any of his acts it becomes apparent he is still just trying to lose the image from the TV show. His comedy is weak.
Fixed that for ya... And Marjie, it could be worse... it could be Bryant Gumble.

yeah, but does make Bryant Gumble look look like Malcolm X?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 7:26 p.m.

didn't say saget was funny.. just dirty.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 7:29 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
scotaku wrote:
Fixed that for ya... And Marjie, it could be worse... it could be Bryant Gumble.
yeah, but does make Bryant Gumble look look like Malcolm X?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC75xDwaBx4&feature=related

mapper
mapper
8/13/08 7:48 p.m.

How about the synchronized diving commentator making snide, half disguised comments about the slightly chunky Canadian girl. "That splash was like a tidal wave".

Steve

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UJdfDzR8TL2jekSV3yCt42L5wGqjSvhpuPWJIWiDuSiDksjiFBCwpMl9QEfBS3eZ