1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/1/20 11:28 a.m.

I also kind of want to switch black stainless steel appliances, but the better half thinks it would be too much. We already have dark tiles and black granite countertops with white cabinets. Hell I'll just go take a pic:

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
7/1/20 11:48 a.m.

Havent sold appliances for a decade, but going off my old information: Maytag fridges (the more complex ones) were AWFUL, I tried to never sell them because we had a 50% warranty return rate on them. Basically, if it has a video screen on the fridge, run away. LG's werent great either, but the Maytag stuff was absolutely awful back then.  

Ovens, simpler the better, but decide if you want convection for the oven. the different "burner" options are usually dictated by the house (gas, cooktop, etc), but there was some neat tech on the induction stuff for cooktops. Personally, if I had the option, gas all the way. Gas top with electric oven is the schizzle. 

Dishwashers, biggest advice is to look for the ones that are stainless inside with a nod for simpler controls. They tend to be put together much more solidly and nicely with that and the noise and everything filters back from that.  I liked the bosch stuff because it was quieter and felt more solid, but if there were problems with them it wasnt soon enough for it to get back to the salesman. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s0MhHD1UsxtCpDyIMw26mtfWx1UEHc3QlDZizlOYIkansA5Vpr36J3ALVtOAVyRd