pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/19 9:52 a.m.

You better look sad, you didnt look while backing up and hit a pole. Grrrr.

OK, needs a headlight, a fender, and a bumper cover. Good thing your dead sexy baby.

Who cuts the front bumper, fender, and radiator in half with a sawsall?  Grrrr. At least I got a fender and headlight.

With some zipties its all back together and will do for now. Might paint it, might bang out the old. Searching for light blue ones in the yards, only Gold and Red so far. Grrrrr.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/9/19 9:53 a.m.

Not the rondo. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/9/19 10:09 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

You want Car-part.com.  

In Pittsburgh, asking $40 for fender.  Expect that it will be pulled and waiting at the counter (not U-pull-it)

https://allforeignautoparts.com/

Dawson, PA asking $90 for fender.  Asking $85 for bumper cover assembly

8 miles from my house

Youngstown Area: 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
10/9/19 10:18 a.m.

You are lucky, my wife just bashed the passenger side rocker of our Sedona on a large curb. Nice 8" long dent that is about 1/2" deep. No fixing that at home. I'm non-plussed.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/19 10:37 a.m.

You're lucky. My wife hit a house. Our house.

But it wasn't really her fault since she only had Eighteen Berkeleying Years to practice driving into that garage.

$3000+.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/9/19 10:43 a.m.

I would like to thank you all for reminding me why most of my cars are painted with Rust-Oleum. Hell of a lot easier and cheaper to patch up.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/19 11:32 a.m.

Allow me to share some of The Wife's recent hits:

Fun fact:  The 2019 Renegade front bumper cover is different from previous years and took 5 weeks to get here from Italy. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/19 12:25 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

You want Car-part.com.  

In Pittsburgh, asking $40 for fender.  Expect that it will be pulled and waiting at the counter (not U-pull-it)

https://allforeignautoparts.com/

Dawson, PA asking $90 for fender.  Asking $85 for bumper cover assembly

8 miles from my house

Youngstown Area: 

Google is strong with you my friend, I couldnt find anything. Might be headed to Ohio!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/9/19 12:30 p.m.
Who cuts the front bumper, fender, and radiator in half with a sawsall?  Grrrr. At least I got a fender and headlight.

yeah when I used to go to the breakers yard with my dad he drilled out the spot welds so not ruin the adjoining metal/part. enlightened

men have become ignorant.  

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/9/19 12:33 p.m.

Commence the battle of the sexes.  The battle of the age groups will probably get locked soon. laugh

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/9/19 1:06 p.m.

Meh.

I've curbed wheels on my wife's car twice in 2 years.  She's only done it once.  She wins this round.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/9/19 1:07 p.m.

How do you boink the nose when backing out?

SWMBO is cranky because I put orange fiberglass sticks on each side of the driveway; she starts the turn as soon as the front tires hit the street so the rear wheels make a hole next to the driveway.☹️

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/9/19 1:11 p.m.
pinchvalve said

Google is strong with you my friend, I couldnt find anything. Might be headed to Ohio!

I just went to car-part.com

I guessed and went with 2008 Kia Sedona

I googled up a Pittsburgh zip code and put it in

For part I then chose FENDER followed by Front Left

For the bumper I chose BUMPER ASSEMBLY (includes cover).  There is a listing for just bumper cover but I find much more stuff in Bumper Assembly, front.  

The one that is listed as 8  miles from my house sits about 1 miles south of The Ohio Turnpike.  2hr 45 min from Carnegie.   Bob's Auto Wrecking, Milan, OH    I could easily go see it for you.  

direct: jwelsh02...yahoo...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/9/19 2:12 p.m.
914Driver said:

How do you boink the nose when backing out?

By cutting the wheel too early for the swing.

Or by forgetting you left the wheels cranked over after parking in the spot.   <<<<<<<<< I really hate people who do that.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
10/9/19 3:46 p.m.

"I'm sorry, baby.  I had to crash that Kia."

Torkel
Torkel Reader
10/10/19 5:57 a.m.

I can relate. My wife has hit, scraped, bumped and crashed the majority of the cars we have owned. I counted back the other day, and about 80% of the cars we owned have suffered some kind of damaged, between "Just a scratch" to "Oh, E36 M3 there goes the front end", at her hand.

All jokes aside, her track record is terrible and it is getting really old. It is absolutely having an influence on what I buy (she just drives whatever I give her the keys to) for us. I would have assigned her an old Volvo Wagon, if it wasn't for the fact that I want my little son to ride in something much more modern and much safer.

I'm currently looking for a new daily for her and on the "must have" list are features as Radar supported auto brake, Backup camera and parking sensors both front and back. Leaning towards a Volvo V40 right now. The Mrs isn't changing her ways anytime soon, so perhaps Gothenburg can help me out instead.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
10/10/19 6:04 a.m.

What a coincidence.  A few months ago, my wife backed our identical generation Kia Sedona out of a parking space at work and failed to see the parked car next to her.  Thankfully it only got the front bumper cover, which is now puckered in.  Haven't gotten around to removing the splash shield under the right front wheel so that she can crawl under and knock it back out...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
10/10/19 6:30 a.m.

Mrs. VCH and I have been together 10 years.  In that time, she's never had a wreck *knock on wood*, BUT, she did get pulled over for the first time, ever.  She was towing a small utility trailer for me and a police officer pulled her over because said trailer had no license plate (and probably also general sketchiness of said trailer).  Officer let her off when she told him that trailers don't need plates in South Carolina (this was in West Virginia) and her husband had "made" her tow it.  

This was about 6 years ago, and she will never let me live it down that her first (and, so far, only) time getting pulled over was because she was towing my trailer.  

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/10/19 8:23 a.m.

Lessee... List of things my wife has hit.

My old truck

A deer. (Can't really blame her for that one. The deer didn't signal.)

A big blue building. Right after getting the car back from the deer incident.

Telephone pole (with my new truck)

Our house

A person.  And his truck. (No injuries, thank God!)

Our house. Again.

Something white.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
10/10/19 8:39 a.m.

I can't help but wonder if an appropriate punishment has been decided upon.  Wink, wink.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/10/19 8:44 a.m.

DW has hit almost nothing in our 35 years together.  30 years ago she drove her old Fairmont under a cable stretched between 2 bollards (no flag) and scratched the hood a little, no biggie.  A couple of curb scrapes since then, maybe.  She's never been in an accident where she was driving.

Her worst incident was driving her old 2.4-swapped Neon into a flooded area and hydrolocking the motor.  It was a momma bear thing - it was almost the only road available between her and the kids' daycare during a near-hurricane.  And even that was half my fault because I had a shortened CAI on it.  With the stock airbox it (probably) would have forded the pond.  15 years later she still feels guilty about it.

She keeps the insides of her cars clean, too.  I can't complain even a little bit.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
10/10/19 5:11 p.m.

When we first got our Odyssey years ago, Mrs. Kazoo hit LOTS of stuff.  She's got "short girl issues" and the Oddy has a really high "belt line".  Knock on wood, no unintended vehicular contact since we switched to the Mazda 5.  

Pic related: Image result for how short girls drive

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/19 5:14 p.m.

Looks like an airbag would be very harmful 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/10/19 5:42 p.m.

My far better half has only ever been pulled over twice. Once was because Herr Subaru popped a tail light fuse and the police pulled her over to let her know that I needed to fix that. I love my small town cops. The other time was when I was fixing her Camry and she was driving one of my sketchy ass pieces of E36 M3. She got pulled for no license plate. It was on the bumper. That was still at the house. She's also never wrecked a car. I will say she cannot keep a set of wheels around nor an air dam on a vehicle but she's never wrecked one. I on the other hand have had an impact of some fashion in every vehicle I have ever owned.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
10/10/19 10:18 p.m.

Jamie48442 keeps her cars so well that I would buy any car she owned, sight unseen, if I wasn’t married to her already of course. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HzJ0LseGyQ4mMRKq9j6tiHL57DgUY8fNiSe4U70G1sXzzZkilQaVAJHn3mYf4MKJ