1 2 3
96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
6/28/10 6:21 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Maybe you didn't hear about the Supreme Court ruling today, Woody.

I am confused. What does the removal of a handgun ban in Chicago have to do with buying an air rifle in certain states?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
6/28/10 6:22 p.m.

So I looked at the Ruger air rifle at Cabela's it appears that they don't restrict the shipping of the air rifle to the same set of states as the sportsman guide site does...

They have a refurbished version for $65 ! and they don't restrict shipping to my state (CA)...

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
6/28/10 7:00 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Waddayamean "refusing to answer"? I did answer. I told you to go buy a box. You just pullin' my chain or am I not communicating here?

Go back and reread your posts, not once did you say what it was which is why he chimed in to answer. I thought that was a brand name not a type.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
6/28/10 7:49 p.m.

OK, carguy. I just assumed when I said "cb longs" that you would understand that to be a type of ammo. Anyway, they're phun little rounds.

Boost, I certainly wouldn't encourage you to violate any laws. And most cities have laws against discharging an air rifle or even bow and arrow, so, pick your laws to disobey, sort of. Or not.

96DXCivic, the Supreme Court didn't rule that just Chicago's laws were unconstitutional. They ruled that cities and states can not remove YOUR constitutional rights by passing laws, so, if you wait for it, the PRC's laws, NJ's, NYC's, etc., are all against the United States Constitution. But then we all knew that beforehand.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
6/28/10 8:30 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

Just kidding. I misread the post.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/28/10 8:34 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: 96DXCivic, the Supreme Court didn't rule that just Chicago's laws were unconstitutional. They ruled that cities and states can not remove YOUR constitutional rights by passing laws, so, if you wait for it, the PRC's laws, NJ's, NYC's, etc., are all against the United States Constitution. But then we all knew that beforehand.

Just a stupid ironical thought I had... Most of those who really wanted this law want a weak federal government and a strong state government.

The handgun bans never really bothered me cause..

1. I don't live in cities
  2. I have no desire to own a handgun.

I don't think they actually worked though... The data says no..

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
6/28/10 8:56 p.m.

Well the next time you have someone try to rob you then just throw some data at him.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
6/28/10 9:01 p.m.

Wow all this cuz a guy wants to keep Buggs Bunny out of his garden.

alex
alex Dork
6/29/10 12:26 a.m.

Ah, flounder. Actually one of my favorite fish to work with in school, even though it's not very common in the marketplace. I mean, when's the last time you saw founder on the menu?

Anyway, I thank the good doc for his recommendation. That "Ruger" seems like a helluva deal. Fortunately, MO is red enough to make said purchase hassle free.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/29/10 5:13 a.m.
carguy123 wrote:
Well the next time you have someone try to rob you then just throw some data at him.

umm.. I was saying the bans didn't actually work and the data actually says they didn't..

Thats twice in this thread where you read stuff wrong... are you Ok? Do you need glasses?

Like I said though, the bans never bothered me.. I like guns, but i prefer stuff in the C&R FFL range of years and have never really been attracted to handguns...

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/29/10 6:13 a.m.

Carguy123 why would you shoot turtles? Did I read that wrong?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
6/29/10 8:16 a.m.

I went out last night to do a little varmint shooting myself. Got ready to let the dog out for his final break last night and caught the smell of a skunk in the yard. Left the dog in the house grabbed the scoped .22 Marlin loaded with Remington sub sonic hollow points and a flash light.

Little bugger must have heard me cause he was out of the property quick. I just have to remember when I finally do get a shot at him that I need to make it a head shot to avoid that last spray.

Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
6/29/10 10:51 a.m.

In reply to ignorant:

Aw man I shoulda put it in quotation marks or something so as to make the line more jokey. Just thought it sounded funny, that's all!

cuz I shore don't wanna be accused of being some kinda mall ninja, you know, the ones that put folding stocks and Trijicon scopes and bipods and flashlights on their 10-22's...

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
6/29/10 11:32 a.m.

Don't forget the flash suppressor and muzzle brake.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/29/10 11:38 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: I went out last night to do a little varmint shooting myself. Got ready to let the dog out for his final break last night and caught the smell of a skunk in the yard. Left the dog in the house grabbed the scoped .22 Marlin loaded with Remington sub sonic hollow points and a flash light. Little bugger must have heard me cause he was out of the property quick. I just have to remember when I finally do get a shot at him that I need to make it a head shot to avoid that last spray.

FYI: Head shots eliminate the option of having them tested for rabies, if you're so inclined.

Skunks need to raise their hind quarters to get into spray mode, so a well placed shot can eliminate that option.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
6/29/10 11:42 a.m.

Naw, you can do a rabies test on the spinal cord. You don't need the head.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
6/29/10 1:46 p.m.
Jay_W said: cuz I shore don't wanna be accused of being some kinda mall ninja, you know, the ones that put folding stocks and Trijicon scopes and bipods and flashlights on their 10-22's...
Dr. Hess said: Don't forget the flash suppressor and muzzle brake.

In that case is my 10/22 under accesorised? The most exspensive thing I've bought for it has been a 2nd factory mag.

alex
alex Dork
6/29/10 2:30 p.m.

You guys are trying to talk me into one of these, I can tell.

Tactical Varmint Patrol Unit, Garden Squad. "It's a rough world for young vegetables; we keep 'em safe."

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
6/29/10 2:36 p.m.

Harbor Freight sells night vision rifle scopes.

alex
alex Dork
6/29/10 2:47 p.m.

Oh god, yes.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/29/10 2:58 p.m.

I want one and I don't even have any 'maters.

If you can find them, maybe you can hire... the V team. V could stand for varmint or vegetable, or some other things too, but I ain't sayin' it.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/29/10 3:25 p.m.

I just killed a chipmunk with a well thrown baseball this afternoon. Knocked/smeared him right off a rock at 10'. As awesome as I think I am for that display of prowess... I have a Ruger 8" barrel .22/.22 Magnum pistol (bought used for ~$100) that I load with subsonic shorts or bb caps for this sort of thing when I'm not channeling Nolan Ryan.

Up to 50 feet its deadly accurate, fun to plink with and concealable so the neighbors don't get all nervous. They are already edgy over the whole racecar thing. It sounds like a muffled firecracker so as long as you don't get carried away blazing up a whole battalion of squirrels at once its discreet.

alex
alex Dork
6/29/10 3:54 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: If you can find them, maybe you can hire... the V team.

That is so going on the patches of the tactical vests.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/29/10 5:44 p.m.
Jay_W wrote: In reply to ignorant: Aw man I shoulda put it in quotation marks or something so as to make the line more jokey. Just thought it sounded funny, that's all! cuz I shore don't wanna be accused of being some kinda mall ninja, you know, the ones that put folding stocks and Trijicon scopes and bipods and flashlights on their 10-22's...

but nutnfancy told me I need jimping on my pocket knives...

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
6/29/10 6:17 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
carguy123 wrote:
Thats twice in this thread where you read stuff wrong... are you Ok? Do you need glasses?

I didn't read you wrong. You said that data said the ban didn't work and I basically said then use the data to stop a mugger. As a method of saying the ban data works real well for people in their ivory towers but not for people actually getting mugged. It was an attempt at a little humor. I guess if you've got to explain them then they weren't really funny in the first place.

The first time you say I read something wrong was simply a case of the poster not explaining what the product was. Someone else stepped in and gave the explanation so that we all could understand.

As far as shooting Turtles, you got it right. I have a couple of new ponds out front of the house and they are becoming turtle infested. My "data" shows that the turtles eat my fish eggs and smaller fish which created stocking issues. The ponds have very steep sides and there is very little fish nursery area.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WlcWEG6EYqNHkWxIt9naTLqpUDuSF2UzNPl90Pk9QRKfA5gjcUKoVdQflKeeejG7