1 2 3
jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
9/4/21 8:10 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

jimbob_racing and Duke, are your Coach wallets leather or other material?

It's real, high quality leather. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/4/21 8:12 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm suffer from an affliction known as Noassatall.  I have to have a thin wallet so it's not uncomfortable sitting. 

Move that wallet to your front pocket. I don't know how people keep them in their back pockets, sitting on them all day. Plus, as an added bonus, harder to pickpocket IMHO.  

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
9/4/21 8:24 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

The outside is fine, but the material inside is sticking to all my cards and peeling. Insides aren't leather, outside is.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
9/4/21 11:38 a.m.

I have an Etnies bifold Velcro wallet that I bought in a skate shop for $10. Yes, I do get laughed at but it’s at least 15 years old, the zipper on the change pocket still works, the clear panel for my licence is still good, and it’s really thin. I have a $$ leather one for when I dress up and I hate it

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/4/21 1:25 p.m.

I'll tie a bunch of posts in one here.

I am a front pocket guy. My next wallet will be a Ridge metal one. In the pic the black one is a Coach ostrich leather wallet at about 20 years old. I loved it, and still use it for a bunch of stuff I need when I travel. The brown wallet is a Saddleback guaranteed for 99 years, and it's about 10 years into that. It has patinaed really well, it's just a tad too big. Custom Bad Mofo laser etching.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
9/4/21 1:59 p.m.
jimbob_racing said:

I bought one at the Coach outlet store in 2018 and it still looks almost like new. Far and away the best one that I've ever had  

Wallets are something to buy quality first and look at the price after you select quality.  On average my wallets last 20+ years. This one I bought after I returned from Vienna in 1986 
   Second. Don't sit on your wallet.  My father did and that's where the cancer that ultimately killed him at 48 started from.  Put your wallet in your breast pocket or your front pants pocket. 
  Not only is it better for your hip, it's much harder to steal. 
   I use a long wallet. One side is the check book the other side is cards (21)/license/ membership etc.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
9/4/21 2:40 p.m.

https://raggededgegear.com

They make then from recycled carbon/Kevlar sailcloth from racing sailboats(America's Cup stuff). I've had one for 15 years and still going strong. Lots of other cool products too. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/5/21 9:53 a.m.
RevRico said:
z31maniac said:

If you've seen Pulp Fiction, I have Jules "It's the one that says Bad Mother berkeleyer."

Paid $25 from BMFwallets.com about a decade ago, I suspect it will go another decade.

You're the first person I've known to say positive things. I've wanted that wallet forever, but all the reviews I've seen everywhere say it's junk.

My last wallet was a generic Alice in Chains wallet I got at a spencers like store, lasted 10 years before I decided I needed sobering a little nicer. 

Judging by some of the responses here, I'm not sure what some of GRM'ers are doing with their wallets. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/21 1:21 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Moving the position of my pockets is like trying to be left-handed.  It never works.  It has just been such a ritual for 35 years that I kinda can't.

It would also mean moving my cell phone to a rear pocket which would destroy it.  The first time I ever tried my phone in a back pocket, I sat down and it just folded... and it wasn't a flip phone, so I had a pocket full of glass and a worthless phone.

For 30 years I have kept my keys on a snap ring on my front right belt loop.  When I started my job at the theater shop, I kept crashing my keys into my right testicle every time I picked up something heavy, so I decided to start carrying my keys on my side belt loop.  Didn't work.  Even the consistent punishment of digging sharp objects into my man bits can't retrain me to move my keys.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/5/21 7:16 p.m.

I've had a Swiss Gear for twenty years or so. Kinda crazy since it was a cheap that my girlfriend gave me at the time to get me to stop wearing the chain wallet from "Play Clothes" bmx company. Whatever, it holds my stuff but I don't really carry anything but a couple cards and my license

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/6/21 10:39 a.m.

I just grabbed a basic Perry Ellis wallet off the rack at a Penny's about 12 years ago for ~$20 and it's still in pretty good shape...a little piece of the glossy finish has chipped off and some of the stitching along the top is slightly frayed but it's 80% like new.

Link

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
9/6/21 11:18 a.m.

I'll second Couch for wallets, my ex-wife got me one for our anniversary in 11' and it's still going strong.   

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/6/21 11:29 a.m.
JesseWolfe said:

I'll second Couch for wallets, my ex-wife got me one for our anniversary in 11' and it's still going strong.   

But ex's have a way of making sure your wallet sees very little action.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/6/21 2:21 p.m.

Fidelo Minimalist Wallet For Men - Slim RFID Credit Card Holder Money Clip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KW1W6QS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_301PMEDGBXS8JZ9T8QBY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

i have one an older one of these. Super like a ridge wallet.  No complaints. 

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/7/21 7:54 a.m.

I have a carbon fiber Ekster wallet that I keep in my front pocket.  Love not having to sit on a wallet anymore and the push button card ejector is neat.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
9/7/21 11:44 a.m.

My lovely wife got my an Urchin rubber wallet a few years ago for a birthday or Christmas.

Still looks like brand new and its used daily.

Some of the unique features:

• Very durable and could be patched with a tire patch if needed
  • Rubberized - stays where you put it.  Great if you are a "pull out your wallet while you drive" sort of person
  • As a bonus - it stays in your pocket!
  • And as another bonus - stuff stays in it when it falls to the ground!
  • And my favorite - feels like nothing else in your daily life. I can always find my wallet very quickly as it has the unique rubber feel to it.  

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/191222450/bike-tube-wallet-black-billfold-wallet?ref=shop_home_active_2&frs=1&crt=1

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/7/21 4:25 p.m.

Another +1 to saddleback leather

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/21 4:38 p.m.

I have been using this (in Brown) for 4 years or so and it is held up really well.  Other than the leather getting a nice patina and it molded to my front pocket it is still in perfect condition.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RUCIMA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/21 7:20 p.m.

This is of interest to me.

I got a wallet from the Hartman luggage company way back when. The one I got was made out of the belts they ran the sewing machines on.

It was as tough as nails and the only thing that did it in was getting it soaked and then having it put into a microwave to "dry it out."  No, it wasn't me who put it in the microwave, nor was it my idea and yes, there was alcohol involved. 

It doesn't seem that they have them on their website, so maybe they don't make them any longer or just run them when they have the leather to do so?

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/7/21 10:38 p.m.

https://www.greengurugear.com/collections/all/products/mid-size-zipper-pouch 

I use one of these. It is made of rubber bike tire tubes, made in USA and pretty durable. Awesome customer service also if something goes wrong!

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/8/21 5:20 a.m.

I had a Columbia branded wallet for 10 years or so. It was good through several dunking episodes and lots of use. I switched to the front pocket for comfort so your mileage may vary if you still sit on your wallet. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/21 10:02 a.m.

Was just thinking about ordering a second one of these because I'm so pleased with the one I have right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Hempmania-Eight-Compartment-Tri-fold-Wallet/dp/B005YXYWZ2/

Been using that one since 2017, velcro's getting a bit fuzzy (from carrying too many coins) and it's faded to brown a bit, but still in great condition otherwise. Also the least smelly wallet I've ever had.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/11/21 3:21 p.m.
tester (Forum Supporter) said:

I had a Columbia branded wallet for 10 years or so. It was good through several dunking episodes and lots of use. I switched to the front pocket for comfort so your mileage may vary if you still sit on your wallet. 

Columbia full grain leather here, and mine has to be 20+ years old.  It's just now starting to show some wear at the corners.  I do carry it in my back pocket, but I also remove or relocate it when I'm seated for longer than a few minutes.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/11/21 3:45 p.m.

Been using this credit card wallet from GTO London for 5 years and it's still going strong:

https://www.whenatouchofelegancematters.com/shop/no-20-credit-card-wallet/

It's just a card holder but I would expect good life out of their other offerings too.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/12/21 5:38 p.m.

I've bought probably 4 wallets from Rainbow of California over the past 15 or so years. I bought my first one in the BX at Lackland AFB when I graduated BMT. The ones I buy are trifold with a large ID window in the front panel. I like them because my ID is easy to get to but the vinyl window is the first thing to tear.

Has anyone tried a Flipside wallet? It's an interesting concept. I bought one yesterday to try out. It doesn't have the storage capacity of my old trifold but I was able to clean out old cards that were not relevant anymore (a blood donor card from 2007, old bank acct card from long ago, etc). I hope to try and keep it in my front pocket of my work slacks.

I will report on how I like it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aBvHRDTD2EtGy8gPEFFneLFyH6A4QSLMpRBniboekEgDRhOmevM65HeVcQW1FGqB