1 2 3
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/21 8:07 a.m.
mtn said:
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm suffer from an affliction known as Noassatall.  I have to have a thin wallet so it's not uncomfortable sitting. 

Move that wallet to your front pocket. I don't know how people keep them in their back pockets, sitting on them all day. Plus, as an added bonus, harder to pickpocket IMHO.  

I don't know how people fit them in their front pocket. Between keys, two cell phones, pocket knife and pen, there is no way I can fit a wallet.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
9/13/21 1:52 p.m.

Another vote for Coach. Mine is 5 years old now, and still looks pretty new. Sometimes they even have cool race car ones, lol. 
Most others would be gone by now! 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/22 8:33 a.m.

Hempmania trifold still going strong, no further wear since last year's post. The condition basically stabilized after about 1 year.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
2/17/23 10:32 a.m.

How the heck are yall beating up your wallets so quickly? My Hilfiger wallet is over a decade old and holding up great. I'll second mtn...moving it to your front pocket is not only more comfortable, but seems to significantly reduce wear. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/17/23 11:40 a.m.

In the current environment, I've found that I have basically only been using 2 things from my wallet regularly - my credit card, and the key-card for my daughter's daycare. It stands to reason that I really only need 3 with those two and my drivers license. So when my phone case broke, I got a new one with a little compartment on the back just big enough for 3 cards

I still have my old wallet. It has gift cards, some cash, my PPO card, a backup credit card, the corporate credit card for work, fishing/hunting licenses, etc. I grab it when I am going out of town or know I might need something in it. 

This means that 95% of the time, I've cut my EDC down to Phone, Keys, Leatherman/SAK/Knife. It is wonderful. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/17/23 1:02 p.m.

My last wallet was a Dockers unit that I got for Xmas that lasted nearly 20 years before I retired it. 

My current wallet is a coach unit I suspect will outlast me. The key is I abhor carrying a bunch of E36 M3 in my wallet and am actively looking to cull the herd at every opportunity. I have a total of 7 cards in it at the moment, and 6 of them I need. My DL, my check card, my one credit card, my Costco card, my insurance card and my Disney maingate. I have one card for a pinball place I frequent that does not do quarters. I rarely have cash, and I throw absolutely everything else away. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/17/23 1:30 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Dump the insurance card assuming it is auto. I just show whomever my phone with all of the info on it. If medical, take a pic of it.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/17/23 5:55 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

The cell phone goes in the back pocket and goes into a cradle in the car. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
1/22/24 8:21 a.m.

Count me in the "what are you doing to your wallet that is falling apart that quickly?" camp.  

The only marking on my wallet is "Genuine Leather" embossed, its been in my pocket every day for the last 20 years.  I have a spare that I got for Christmas about 15 years ago, but I prefer well broken in leather goods to new. 

I share Curtis's affliction, however my solution is that I put it in a front pocket. (I very rarely put anything in a back pocket)

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/22/24 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Since this popped up, also count me in that camp. I've had the same wallet for approaching 15 years and other than being worn in, no issues. 

Which one is it, "it's the one that says Bad Motherberkeleyer" and it wasn't expensive at all. Maybe $10, 15 years ago? bmfwallets.com. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/22/24 9:15 a.m.

My wallet still says Coach on it, still looks pretty good, still has a dinosaur on it. 

I am an adult and I make good life choices. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/22/24 9:19 a.m.

I have this wallet.  It was given to me as a gift probably 12(?) years ago.  I keep it in my back pocket and sit on it constantly.  Its fine.

https://www.wallets-online.com/product.asp?itemId=938

Trent
Trent PowerDork
1/22/24 10:41 a.m.

The missus gifted me this kit from Tandy leather.

It was a fun way to spend a rainy Sunday morning. It is sturdy and will take at least 6 months to "break in". Continues to look better every day. It will be around a long time

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
1/29/24 7:12 a.m.

I had one of these from 1985 to about 2002.  It never wore out.  Now have a generic black leather one from the GAP it is at least 15 years old and going strong.  Stored in the front pocket where it belongs.  My dad was told to move his wallet to a front pocket to help with back problems, plus harder to steal.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
1/29/24 9:18 a.m.

I ended up replacing my old leather wallet with this one:

Herschel mens Charlie Rfid Card Case Wallet, Raven Crosshatch, One Size US at Amazon Men’s Clothing store

Holds 6 cards + a little bit of cash, and ended up being about 1/4" thinner than my old wallet. Looks like it's currently sitting close to a historically low price as well. It's showing zero signs of wear after more than a year of use

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AZe76M2fklKh8Wf7opyqpcaAC1NaPRIQz448N99YqlI5U1ZDgzuQbPYde1ZfphBp