Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
6/1/13 11:31 a.m.

I guess I got lucky last year in my first season of rallycross, with only one event with rain at the very beginning and done before the first car left the line. This year, not so good already...

I'm thinking rain poncho with a hood, bright color for visibility, long enough to maybe keep the shorts dry. (That sounded awkward.) Or possibly a rain suit, two piece deal?

What do you guys use? Can I get something that isn't just a piece of non-breathable plastic that I'll die in in warm temps? I'm willing to spend a few $ on something good. Help me!

spriteracer
spriteracer Reader
6/1/13 1:10 p.m.

You can't beat Frogg Toggs for warm weather rain gear.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
6/1/13 1:17 p.m.

What is this "rain gear" you speak of?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
6/1/13 1:21 p.m.

Frogg Toggs!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
6/1/13 3:41 p.m.

I can't help but be reminded of a book of Peanuts cartoons my sons enjoy reading wherein Charlie Brown's little sister Sally makes a presentation at school entitled "Santa Claus and his Rain Gear". Hilarious.

Sorry, I have nothing to add.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
6/1/13 3:45 p.m.

How good do you want to spend and how trashed by "misc" dirt/oil/shards do you think you'd get it?

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
6/1/13 7:05 p.m.

I use an umbrella when I am out of the car. Works great.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/1/13 7:11 p.m.

In reply to Jerry:

Why weren't you at National Trail today? It didn't rain all day and everyone had 18-20 runs.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
6/2/13 10:08 a.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Rub it in... I listened to the forecast (big mistake). Add getting in late Friday night, picked up the MR2 around 1130pm, exhausted already so didn't load anything. Got up Saturday morning to check the weather at 6am, could barely open my eyes let alone load the car. Saw the wall of rain/storms just outside of Dayton & gave up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
btBGQ4XnOaBsb3HiMiajjMoCkxTqkhNAJQb0MUQTLpfiMsqEod8g3iFondLkLaJd