Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/20/13 8:37 a.m.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/willys/jeep/1510231.html?refer=news

Although instead of a back yard toy, I'd keep it as a functional mower.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/20/13 8:50 a.m.

Coolest thing I will see today!

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
6/20/13 9:09 a.m.
ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
6/20/13 9:11 a.m.

Oh hell, like I needed another project.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/20/13 9:21 a.m.

[sigh!] Why do you show us things like this. I was perfectly fine with a push mower before this....

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
6/20/13 9:35 a.m.

Put this on the gun mount for added hilarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8iZ91BVxhw

Vermin problems will be gone forever.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/20/13 10:05 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: [sigh!] Why do you show us things like this. I was perfectly fine with a push mower before this....

Because! Duh.

For better or worse, my postage stamp yard is barely large enough for a push-mower, so I couldn't justify a riding mower no matter how hard I try.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
6/20/13 10:08 a.m.

Pricey for some laughs. Wonder what I could piece together on the cheap...

fanfoy
fanfoy Reader
6/20/13 11:47 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Mini MB Body Kit For ATV/Go Kart/Riding Lawn Mower Chasis  photo Jeepmower.jpg

Holy E36 M#!!!!! 1300$

When I built the mini Jeep for my kids (see below), I wanted to drop the body on a lawn tractor frame. And that body didn't cost 1/10 of that amount to built.

If people are willing to spend that kind of crazy money, maybe I should sell a kit or plans or something.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
6/20/13 11:49 a.m.

Didnt early CJs have a PTO option? Just make a huge mower from an actual jeep.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
6/20/13 11:52 a.m.

You can order paper plans to build wooden Land Rover's and Jeeps in the UK, approx.$70USD

beans
beans Reader
6/20/13 1:24 p.m.
fanfoy wrote:
slantvaliant wrote: Mini MB Body Kit For ATV/Go Kart/Riding Lawn Mower Chasis  photo Jeepmower.jpg
Holy E36 M#!!!!! 1300$ When I built the mini Jeep for my kids (see below), I wanted to drop the body on a lawn tractor frame. And that body didn't cost 1/10 of that amount to built. If people are willing to spend that kind of crazy money, maybe I should sell a kit or plans or something.

Screw a kid, I freakin WANT that draped over a 15hp go kart frame.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
6/20/13 1:35 p.m.

A flat fender jeep as a mower is apropos, considering that post-war jeeps were initially marketed for agricultural use.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
6/20/13 1:48 p.m.

My mower is a 42" cut, 17 horse riding mower that is already a body-missing shambles. I'm only one sheet of plywood and a weekend away.

Maybe a couple weekends. And some tires. And olive drab paint.

Heck, it's already got a fabbed brush guard

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
6/20/13 1:49 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: My mower is a 42" cut, 17 horse riding mower that is already a body-missing shambles. I'm only one sheet of plywood and a weekend away. Maybe a couple weekends. And some tires. And olive drab paint. Heck, it's already got a fabbed brush guard

Build thread or ban

RossD
RossD PowerDork
6/20/13 4:15 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Didnt early CJs have a PTO option? Just make a huge mower from an actual jeep.

Yup, I had one.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
6/20/13 5:04 p.m.

Early CJ's had all kinds of options including the PTO. They had a three point hydraulic lift for land plows and assorted equipment. They even had guards for the drive shafts so that the hay wouldn't wrap around while towing the hay rake. Then the had the fire truck.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nHsCax9bZpSjbxePEF7KeWK2elp0jvhzZF9qF73wH7wccmm3BDdxxjO089RWtAVA