1 2 3 ... 8

I'm not posting this in hopes of elicting discussion or any sort of dialog. This board has recently become more politically charged than I care for. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with any particular thing. But it's no longer a nice quiet place to read about car stuff. If I want tense discussions, Facebook is lousy with them. 

Not that I think it really matters to many people, I am simply posting this so if in the future someone asks what became of Cousin Eddie, this post can explain why I'm not around anymore.

Good day to all. I enjoyed it for a long time.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/1/20 5:10 p.m.

Loved your posts.

Sorry to see you and AnthonyGS also leave. 

Be well and be safe, my friend. 

trumant
trumant GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/1/20 5:12 p.m.

I'll miss your updates on the Goldwing. Keep the rubber side down.

I wish I could disagree. I cannot. However,  from what I've seen, this happens every couple of years. Give it a few months (fall) and most of it will have gone away. Like it usually does. At least i hope so. Or ill be following. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/1/20 5:31 p.m.

Keep doing awesome stuff Cousin Eddie. I look forward to crossing paths with you in real life at some point and sharing a drink. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
6/1/20 5:39 p.m.

Can't say I blame you. It's become pervasive, and the recent management statement seems an implicit acceptance, and marks a significant shift in position. I hope it isn't the beginning of a downward spiral, and I'm certainly not going to contribute to it, but I'll be keeping my eye on the door. I'm a guest at the party, and I will behave as such. I hope to want to stay, but if I'm no longer enjoying myself I'm not planning on hanging around.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/1/20 5:44 p.m.

sneak back in and check it out again in a few months.......

stay safe

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/1/20 5:45 p.m.

I always enjoyed your posts and your ocd cleanliness. Keep doing what you do. Be well. 

79rex
79rex Reader
6/1/20 6:00 p.m.

Seems to be a reflection of the times.  With so much taken away right now, not too much else to discuss

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/1/20 6:02 p.m.

I suspect, based on past experience, a well deserved correction will be forthcoming.  I'd ask you to hang around and give "the management" a chance.  I think a fair amount of grace has been extended because people are stressed and need to vent.  I agree this isn't the place, at least when the venting strays into politics.  To the extent it has occasionally sucked me in (like that dumb moth that keeps banging into the porch light) my apologies to you and the management.  

If your mind is made up, I wish you all the best.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 6:06 p.m.

I hope you reconsider. If the off topic is too tense, GRM, Sprockets, Builds, etc...has 1% of the bullE36 M3.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/1/20 6:06 p.m.

You just need to know which threads to ignore.  This place is no worse than the whole rest of the planet just now.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/1/20 6:22 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

You just need to know which threads to ignore.  This place is no worse than the whole rest of the planet just now.

This. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/20 6:25 p.m.

Hi Cousin Eddie,

I've been almost completely MIA for the last two weeks so I don't have an opinion on where the board has been headed.

I just want to share my agreement with other posters that have suggested that you peek in occasionally rather than pulling the plug all together and perhaps avoid the "off topic" forum if you don't want non car related content.

In terms of the mods. not policing sufficiently, again, I don't know what has been going on but even if that's true, please cut them some slack given the extreme circumstances we're living within right now.

Whatever you decide, take care for now at least.       

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/1/20 6:36 p.m.

I'll mention that I've been feeling the same way as Cousin Eddie. It's also not just the threads and comments in them, it's also the floundering signatures of some people that annoy me. I can avoid the politically charged threads but the signatures are there all of the time and I'm surprised that they are permitted. 

I'm visiting the site less frequently and for shorter periods of time due to all of this. 

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/1/20 6:50 p.m.

I may not be far behind. I'm no longer feeling like this is a fun escape and rather end up ticked off at rude people and contributing to the conflict instead of avoiding it. It doesn't seem like a healthy cycle. 

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/1/20 6:51 p.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing :

What signatures?  I've never, ever, seen one on this board.  Have no idea to see them, no idea how to set them up.

It's too bad that any of you feel that you need to leave, but if you do, you do.  This is stil the best car board out there, and one of the least political.  I more wonder if you are just feeling that you are not in the majority anymore....

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/20 6:58 p.m.
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to jimbob_racing :

What signatures?  I've never, ever, seen one on this board.  Have no idea to see them, no idea how to set them up.

It's too bad that any of you feel that you need to leave, but if you do, you do.  This is stil the best car board out there, and one of the least political.  I more wonder if you are just feeling that you are not in the majority anymore....

Hi alphadriver,

You can add a signature to your profile and it will automatically appear in light gray font at the bottom of your posts.  Mine is, "Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once, space exists so everything doesn't happen to me" which basically signals that I'm a narcissist that enjoys quantum mechanics cheeky 

6/1/20 7:05 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

But I've never seen one- is that because I don't have one?  I can't see yours in the broswers I use.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/1/20 7:06 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver (Forum Supporter) :

You have to turn the option on in your profile settings

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/1/20 7:08 p.m.

You can turn them off under your profile.

I'm always a bit startled when someone quotes me and mine shows up.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
6/1/20 7:09 p.m.

I must have signatures disabled, as I've never seen any here that I can recall..

Hopefully I don't have one of my own that I've long since forgotten, annoying people without me even knowing it.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
6/1/20 7:14 p.m.

Just checked.   I don't appear to have a signature, so I can rest assured that I am only annoying people with what I post.  yes

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/1/20 7:19 p.m.

I think it's where people are at right now.  I'm uneasy lately - I mentioned to my wife a lot of people were standing around and just talking about the weekend at work all day.  

My wife reminded me people are stressed right now and uneasy about the last 3 months.  It'll get better.  

6/1/20 7:28 p.m.
RevRico said:

You have to turn the option on in your profile settings

So there is the answer if anyone is bothered by them, turn it off. 

cool, I'll just keep it that way. 

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CtnmklxiuaHF2F38dIRnQd8l7r2OOSVFr3bHJjK6dmzWNI50049ircBJoBqWn9D7