1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/1/20 9:55 p.m.
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Steve, please check your email - you have a message. 

For the magnet board:

Thank you. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/1/20 9:56 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Proverbs 25 - idea has been around forever. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
6/1/20 10:03 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) :

You already let me know where you stand with the donation to a horrible group. Since you play favorites, before you kick me out, how about returning my $50?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/1/20 10:03 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Wait, now I can't keep track of who's leaving and who isn't. Maybe we could do a little magnet-board? In and out marked hourly?

Maybe if you tell them to go berkeley themselves like you did me it'll be a little easier for you to figure???

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/1/20 10:04 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

I don't have anything to do with the financials, so take that up with management OUTSIDE of the forums. Thank you.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/1/20 10:12 p.m.

Good grief, people. I'm starting to think this entire board needs a timeout from itself! 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/1/20 10:15 p.m.

I won't feel bad about insisting on basic human decency. And if that makes you want to leave, fine, go. No hard feelings here. Still going to say it: Racism is wrong, and I won't be quiet about it anymore. No matter how hard you try to stop it.

Margie

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 10:16 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Come over to the Builds section and watch the Nelsons build a rad lime green drag missle. It's rad. No dumpster fire there. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/1/20 10:18 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

The sorta funny thing about the Covid-19 with my cousin, I guess. Both of our dads have been talking a lot lately about this big family tree project--all cool stuff. I haven't talked to my cousin much lately, so I pinged him on FB. We were talking about normal, family-type stuff. 

Then he's like, Oh, I have Covid.

Dude, you don't just drop that in the middle of the conversation. Sounds like his whole immediate family tested positive, but he was the only one who got hit hard. He's still on the mend. 

Suddenly, whatever BS I had going on in my life seemed pretty insignificant. 

Once, I was texting my grandma about me getting a divorce and then she hit me back with announcing she has breast cancer. I was like touché but wtf! Lol

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/1/20 10:24 p.m.

I find it super interesting that I was able to have an extremely difficult but pleasant conversation on this forum. A conversation I could rarely have anywhere else let alone with folks I never met. Nowhere was I offended but there were certain replies I chose not to reply to. Then I see people posting that GRM has changed for the worst. What did I miss?

S/N: With the internet, you can control your participation in a discussion. Ignore or not engage etc. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 10:49 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Your posts and that thread were difficult and uncomfortable.  But for good reasons. It made me ask questions about a good many things I've neither thought of or experienced.  So perspectives are different because of that dialog, and other convictions were solidified. I'm better because of  it. Thank you.

I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to stick to the car section for a while. Off Topic has gotten weird, and the weird have turned pro.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/1/20 11:18 p.m.
yupididit said:

I find it super interesting that I was able to have an extremely difficult but pleasant conversation on this forum. A conversation I could rarely have anywhere else let alone with folks I never met. Nowhere was I offended but there were certain replies I chose not to reply to. Then I see people posting that GRM has changed for the worst. What did I miss?

S/N: With the internet, you can control your participation in a discussion. Ignore or not engage etc. 

Nah,  man.  It hasn't changed at all.  Still has some of the best people around.  It's always been the best forum on the internet.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/1/20 11:21 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) :

Wow, I feel like I'm in the back seat of the family Oldsmobile. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/20 11:36 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Too bad no one can pull the country over until we all decide to behave. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
6/2/20 12:00 a.m.

I'm going to go too.

Don't eat da yellow snow. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/2/20 12:33 a.m.

Proud to be here, and proud to show my support.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ New Reader
6/2/20 3:26 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Slightly OT but in a previous life one of my staff was permanently located with the team he supported (IT) and it wasn't always a happy place sad on one of my visits to put out fires I commented to the receptionist that their boss seemed to have a different coloured marker on the magnet board each time and she told me that it was to inform visitors in advance which MaryAnn to expect ...

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/20 6:05 a.m.
02Pilot said:
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) said:
I more wonder if you are just feeling that you are not in the majority anymore....

That's a bit insulting, if not condescending. There are people who prefer not to engage in political discussion at all times, and do not feel a need to inject politics into every aspect of their lives. In fact, for some who contend with political issues on a regular or even daily basis, the opportunity to participate in something free of political animosity is something of a relief. Heretofore, the guiding principle here was to avoid potentially divisive or inflammatory political statements; that appears to no longer be the case, which is a shame.

That's an interesting take on it.  Especially since I've been in and out of posting in this forum for many years because it's pretty clear that I'm on the opposite side of the fence to many of the more vocal on this board.  Now you get to feel how I have felt.  

Now you know what it's like, and it sucks, doesn't it?  Feel like an outsider.

It's one of the reasons that I kind of dropped out of the motorsports community a decade ago.  

At least now you know how I feel.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/2/20 6:12 a.m.

We're ordering this. I've heard a couple of interviews with the author.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
6/2/20 6:40 a.m.
02Pilot said:
I more wonder if you are just feeling that you are not in the majority anymore....

That's a bit insulting, if not condescending. There are people who prefer not to engage in political discussion at all times, and do not feel a need to inject politics into every aspect of their lives. In fact, for some who contend with political issues on a regular or even daily basis, the opportunity to participate in something free of political animosity is something of a relief. Heretofore, the guiding principle here was to avoid potentially divisive or inflammatory political statements; that appears to no longer be the case, which is a shame.

That's an interesting take on it.  Especially since I've been in and out of posting in this forum for many years because it's pretty clear that I'm on the opposite side of the fence to many of the more vocal on this board.  Now you get to feel how I have felt.  

Now you know what it's like, and it sucks, doesn't it?  Feel like an outsider.

It's one of the reasons that I kind of dropped out of the motorsports community a decade ago.  

At least now you know how I feel.

I have avoided this place the last few years for the same reason. Now I realize that there are others here who are not so extreme politically. In fact, I believe there is a very vocal minority here shouting everybody else down and they just lost control.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/2/20 7:14 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Wait, now I can't keep track of who's leaving and who isn't. Maybe we could do a little magnet-board? In and out marked hourly?

Well I suggest sending at least one on his way whether he wants to or not.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 7:15 a.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie :

That's the case with most of it. Generally when I see posts like this, it can be traced back to one or two individuals who don't really want to play along, and instead of letting themselves out, they insist on E36 M3ting in everyone else's sandwich. It's a weird thing. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 7:16 a.m.
spitfirebill said:
Marjorie Suddard said:

Well I suggest sending at least one on his way whether he wants to or not.  

I'm not going anywhere. Challenge is too much fun. 

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
6/2/20 8:27 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I'm puzzled too.  What did I miss?  I was on the board the last few days and didn't see anything I would perceive to be all that politically charged.  I choose to read threads I want to and don't click on others.

I specifically clicked on your thread because I wanted to read your perspective, especially since we share similar backgrounds.  I'm part of a very, very small minority group here in the US but I can "hide" in a way that you can't because my physical appearance doesn't broadcast what group I'm part of. 

I found your posts extremely informative and hope we can get together one day in person to talk. 

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rJy2LCxZTOZ3HuJoWv84GOS4vNeNJHUGlDZNmHwdEQhN30IF5M5lpkFu4YLaKu5k