1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/2/20 11:34 a.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Snowdoggie :

That's the case with most of it. Generally when I see posts like this, it can be traced back to one or two individuals who don't really want to play along, and instead of letting themselves out, they insist on E36 M3ting in everyone else's sandwich. It's a weird thing. 

#Internet

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 11:36 a.m.
Apexcarver said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:
Mndsm said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I would have put you at 33 tops. You're aging well for such a weirdo. laugh

Turned 40 the day after challenge last year. I'll take it as a compliment m 

I think it's because of the red beard thing. I don't know anyone who is over 35 and has a red beard that isn't showing quite a lot of white. Every last red hair I had in my beard was white by the time I was 40. All of them. sad

I'm a 35yo ginger and I don't have male pattern baldness, but I do have a white patch starting there and a patch in my beard under my chin.  Ugh.

Main point for the thread, when you get this worked up, it's a good time to set internet and social media aside for awhile and reflect. These are rough times in all aspects. 

The weird part is, I'm not even a ginger. I've been blonde since birth.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/20 11:46 a.m.
Mndsm said:

The weird part is, I'm not even a ginger. I've been blonde since birth.

I'm Blonde since birth. Red beard. Wife was blonde, and now dirty blonde/light brown. Our daughter (3 months old, so this will probably change as she gets older) is a redhead. 

She looks just like me. Except she has red hair. My grandma had red hair, but she was the only one in either of our families that we're aware of. Genetics are WEIRD. 

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Oh he definitely sparkles. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 11:59 a.m.
Jordan Rimpela (Forum Unterstützer) said:

You're just mad there's no good hot sauce in Ohio. 

Mndsm said:

I've been nursing that bottle. It's almost gone. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/2/20 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with any particular thing. But it's no longer a nice quiet place to read about car stuff. If I want tense discussions, Facebook is lousy with them.

Sorry you're having a snit, Eddie; we all have these moments.  Listen, I've been accused of being non PC on occasion, not because I'm a leftie, a righty, a Vegan or even care; I just don't see it.  Sorry, I don't think that way.  The folks and Mods @ GRM are lenient I admit, but for the most part we're civilized folk.  I mean hell, I almost got banished from another forum just for asking if the hot chick from a news program left because she was dating a Trump boy.

I've said things here and posted a picture that has offended SOMEONE.  You never know someone's buttons until you accidently step on one.  Sorry you're not having fun (that is what it's all about, right?) but if it causes ulcers, gray hair or sleepless nights, time to go.  Take a breath.  See you later.

Dan

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/2/20 12:13 p.m.

I heard sparkles and ginger so I came running. What did I miss?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/2/20 12:16 p.m.
Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/2/20 1:00 p.m.

I was thinking we were doing a great job of discussing hard issues with each other without much drama at all. Especially considering this is the internet after all. I hope this remains a place where we can share ideas that challenge each other. Maybe we could be better about labeling threads that might contain sensitive content so they can be avoided? I want to know how the grm family sees the world so I can grow from opinions that I dont necessarily share and I want to be able to have them know me in an authentic way that sometimes exposes me to different ideas and feedback from people who I respect. It's not simple but it can be good if we are careful with it. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 1:03 p.m.
Mndsm said:

If you're real nice and maybe take back the sparkly comment, I could maybe be convinced to FedEx you some. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 1:04 p.m.
Carbon (Forum Supporter) said:

I was thinking we were doing a great job of discussing hard issues with each other without much drama at all. Especially considering this is the internet after all. I hope this remains a place where we can share ideas that challenge each other. Maybe we could be better about labeling threads that might contain sensitive content so they can be avoided? I want to know how the grm family sees the world so I can grow from opinions that I dont necessarily share and I want to be able to have them know me in an authentic way that sometimes exposes me to different ideas and feedback from people who I respect. It's not simple but it can be good if we are careful with it. 

It's not even the material. It's that 1% that insists on being a thorn in everyone's side for...some reason. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/2/20 1:06 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Mndsm said:

If you're real nice and maybe take back the sparkly comment, I could maybe be convinced to FedEx you some. 

Don't do it!  He sparkles and is proud of it!!  laugh

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/2/20 1:10 p.m.

What is this magical hot sauce? We love hot sauce in this house.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/2/20 1:15 p.m.
bobzilla said:

I heard sparkles and ginger so I came running. What did I miss?

Your sparkles are a lifestyle choice, that's different. laugh

Marjorie Suddard said:

Wait, now I can't keep track of who's leaving and who isn't. Maybe we could do a little magnet-board? In and out marked hourly?

Hehheh hehhehheh she said "in and out" hehheh

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/2/20 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

I'll miss reading your build threads, I found them very cathartic, and I wish I had your patience and attention to detail. But if you feel that you have to leave, then you do you, brother. Hopefully once things start to normalize, maybe people will be less on edge and you'll consider returning. Take care.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 1:52 p.m.
z31maniac said:

There's a chain called Tijuana flats, and they sell this sauce called mofo insane. It's quite hot, and has fantastic flavor- uncommon at that spice level. Made with Carolina reapers. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/2/20 1:58 p.m.

Wait I didn't get a warning before my ban!  Hell they didn't even tell me I was banned.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/2/20 2:19 p.m.
Mndsm said:
z31maniac said:

There's a chain called Tijuana flats, and they sell this sauce called mofo insane. It's quite hot, and has fantastic flavor- uncommon at that spice level. Made with Carolina reapers. 

wait, is this the one Jordan got at the challenge? That E36 M3 was insane. Fantastic, but insane

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 2:37 p.m.
bobzilla said:
Mndsm said:
z31maniac said:

wait, is this the one Jordan got at the challenge? That E36 M3 was insane. Fantastic, but insane

Yeah, I actually brought it for the taco bar as sort of my...personal contribution. I gifted it to Jordan upon exit because I live 3 blocks from a TJ and can get it whenever. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/2/20 2:52 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Yeah, I got a taste of that. That was some seriously good stuff

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/2/20 3:19 p.m.
Mndsm said:
z31maniac said:

That sounds like something that would be right up Alli's alley. She LOVES super hot stuff. 

My running joke is to ask her something like, "Would you like some chili with your hot sauce?"

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
6/2/20 3:20 p.m.

Best hot sauce is homemade.  I found a recipe last year and doubled or tripled the amount of garlic called for and it's perfect. I expanded my hot peppers this year because of it but still haven't gone stupid hot yet.

I know someone growing their own carolina reapers and she says her pores hurt and has to wear a full face respirator when pureeing them.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 3:29 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Mndsm said:
z31maniac said:

That sounds like something that would be right up Alli's alley. She LOVES super hot stuff. 

My running joke is to ask her something like, "Would you like some chili with your hot sauce?"

I could probably be convinced to send a bottle if you're into it. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EHegmGfoYkHGJ0E5UPGz1o2HioZGaqISSb5Pkg4a49DOQVOmbDDjZXjrcrB0vHic