1 ... 6 7 8
captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/2/20 10:54 p.m.

A few weeks ago there were threads about all being in this together and how the community would need to be there for each other. Nobody said getting through this would be easy. Patience has definitely been tested as stress and uncertainty has led to sense of diminished security. Sometimes when faced with such challenges, we need space, but I encourage anyone who needs said space to make the hiatus only as long as it needs to be. We all got into the hobby and ended up as a part of this community as an escape and a challenge to ourselves. The escape has changed as most of the activities that we enjoy and associate with the hobby, especially any with a social element, are at a standstill. When things resume, they're going to be different and there will be growing pains. But the same people that you've seen through their struggles, victories and loses and who been there to support you through your own, both on course and in life, will still be there waiting for you. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/20 11:38 p.m.

For what it's worth, I'm indiscriminately "Plus One'ing" various posts so long as they're not contentious...sure, I'm artificially inflating the apparent approval level of posts but BERK it, we're too good for this...the mods are good people, the posters are good people, my strategy is to promote beneficial posts and discourage divisive posts.

Hive, please join me in taking back our amazing community of tolerance, respect, and sharing that ultimately increases our understanding of the human condition.

Truce...bad things have been said at all levels, please, please, please, bury the hatchet in every direction and let's, as a community, move to a better place.  

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
6/3/20 10:50 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

what *does* happen when you plus one something?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/3/20 11:34 p.m.

Somebody's ego grows by 1.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/4/20 6:15 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I've always wondered if it would be good or bad, if we could see who upvotes/downvotes your posts.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/4/20 7:48 a.m.
z31maniac said:
Appleseed said:

I've always wondered if it would be good or bad, if we could see who upvotes/downvotes your posts.

Yeah, but we're not Facebook. Thank goodness.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/4/20 8:53 a.m.

Bad. I like that someone up-votes, but I don't know who. That way it could be anyone who digs it.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/4/20 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Take my upvote and enjoy! 

RX Reven'
6/4/20 10:10 a.m.
joey48442 said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

what *does* happen when you plus one something?

I get a tingly feeling in my pee-pee, doesn't everybody?

Joking aside, it signals the level of peer consensus which likely has an influence on poster behavior over time.

Carrots & Sticks (tingly pee-pee & ban hammer).  I'm not a mod (no hammer) so all I can do is dangle a carrot in the hope it plays some role in moving us to a better place.  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/4/20 11:21 a.m.
RX Reven' said:

All this time, I have been buying the blue pills from Canada for the same feeling. Had you told me, that upvotes on this forum for free, gives same feeling, you would have saved me enough money, for me to buy the FD RX7!

RX Reven'
6/4/20 12:14 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
RX Reven' said:

All this time, I have been buying the blue pills from Canada for the same feeling. Had you told me, that upvotes on this forum for free, gives same feeling, you would have saved me enough money, for me to buy the FD RX7!

Hive, let's help out our brother and plus one the berk out of his post to get him into that sweet FD.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qVXevh176T1BHFFRoQsq8JBFigRnrfPxxpINpWyzs3qkvxqQ01dQZ2eueqZKBkWM