Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/13/08 10:30 a.m.

Some encouraging details about Top Gear USA on Adam Carrola's radio show yesterday.

• "They have settled on the final cast, they have me as the lead guy, they are looking for the two 'second bananas'... they finally settled on that, I am [happy with the picks], but I am sworn to secrecy for another day..."
  • "We're going to start working on the pilot very soon"

CALLER: "Are you going to be testing 'the cars that they test' ie. exotics, or are you going to be testing crappy American cars?" ADAM: "The first season we are just going to be testing just the Pontiac Aztek. Over and over. Week in, and week out. I'm going to be checking how the 60/40 seats fold down, talk about cupholders..." (LOL) "No, here's what they told me: WE DO IT EXACTLY AS THEY DO IT IN ENGLAND. No meddling, just big time cars, and crazy big time stuff, and you can say anything bad about any car you drive."

LATER: Adam let on that they will be doing the Celebrity in a Reasonably Priced Car bit as well.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
6/13/08 10:32 a.m.

If that holds up, I'm going to be very surprised... pleased, but surprised

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/13/08 10:45 a.m.

But he talks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

aircooled
aircooled Dork
6/13/08 11:30 a.m.

Talks yes, hence the talk show host job..

Anyway, he was "talking" the other day about how he bought Paul Newmans 300z and is feeling responsible for Newmans current health problems since he bought the car thinking the value would skyrocket when Newman died (much like the Steve McQueen vehicles).

SupraWes
SupraWes HalfDork
6/13/08 4:02 p.m.

Paul Newman is not allowed to die, I won't have it!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/13/08 4:09 p.m.

The world will be much less cool when he does.

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
6/13/08 4:27 p.m.

Either NBC has actually heard the real fans of the original, or they're feeding Carolla lines to make it sound like they have. Either way, I'll watch at least the pilot. I may be naive, but "Top Gear" is a BBC brand and I hope they won't let it be trashed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KNgKjccJuRnrPRwJiJiculVJ49EEbZQxrVVS1ZGXfiOGE9tE7azX1PAgxWRaAfHq