1 ... 3 4 5
The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
5/18/17 1:35 p.m.

Time for a "Moving everything free. Just walk in! [Cruellas address]" Craigslist ad?

Yea not nice but may as well turn it up to 11 since obviously APD wants nothing to do with it.

You're both handling it much more reasonably​ than I would.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/18/17 1:36 p.m.

In reply to WildScotsRacing:

BTW, my daughter stopped responding a long time ago. Escalation continues.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/17 1:42 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Good word. I think the game just changed from figuring out how to reason with a sociopath to trying to figure out how to keep unlimited creepy CL sex addicts at bay.

They're just some guys looking for a hook-up who are peripheral victims of Cruella's harassment campaign...unless the same guy calls more than once. Those are probably sex addicts

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
5/18/17 1:43 p.m.

In reply to The0retical:

The other option, and you may have done this, would be to Honeypot the ip address of the threatening comments then go to the employer and state that threatening messages orgininating from their business are flowing through to her website and provide the log.

At a minimum that'll cause an HR issue. Better at that point you could get a civil lawyer involved and force the employer to either disclose the sender via their network logs or monitor their network for more abuse which I assume would prove the violation of the court order.

Obviously consult a real attorney first.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
5/18/17 2:02 p.m.
The0retical wrote: You're both handling it much more reasonably​ than I would.

That is an understatement. Ya know who doesn't use a keyboard to intimidate people? People who can't use keyboards.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/18/17 2:12 p.m.

I am not a violent person, but I have found twice in my life that the threat of real violence will settle people down in a real hurry. They have chosen to do the things they do because the see weakness. Once that illusion has gone...

"Are you so foolish, Percy, that you don't realise we know dangerous men? We can have you beaten to within an inch of your life." Tom Hanks, in the Green Mile.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
5/18/17 2:23 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to WildScotsRacing: BTW, my daughter stopped responding a long time ago. Escalation continues.

In that case my strong suspicion is that Cruella is determined to bait your daughter into doing something which can be used against her publicly in a dramatic fashion.

If so, it may be time to Spring the Trap and devise something that will bite Cruella right in the ass when it springs. Just be exceedingly careful to leave no proof behind, because that is exactly what Cruella wants you to do. It sounds like your daughter has turned all four cheeks and has none left to present. I would say based on everything you have told us that it is time to make the decision to become temporarily worse than Cruella and order to make her go away for good.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/18/17 3:28 p.m.

Perhaps you need to be more blunt with me. Talk to me like a 5 year old. PM me if you prefer.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/18/17 3:43 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
SVreX wrote: Good word. I think the game just changed from figuring out how to reason with a sociopath to trying to figure out how to keep unlimited creepy CL sex addicts at bay.
They're just some guys looking for a hook-up who are peripheral victims of Cruella's harassment campaign...unless the same guy calls more than once. Those are probably sex addicts

Yes, I'm sure you are basically correct (and I do appreciate the redirect)

Just not sure its a risk I feel like being relaxed about. Bad things have happened on CL.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
5/18/17 4:22 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Put a fly in her ointment. Do you happen to have the personal email addresses of some of her family enablers? I wonder if our resident hacker knows of a way to forward some of the threatening emails to your daughter to said family members and make it look like Cruella accidentally sent them to the wrong email addresses (without leaving a trail behind of course).

GameboyRMH
5/18/17 4:32 p.m.

^Could be done, but most email systems will send emails from spoofed addresses directly into the spam box.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/17 4:33 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

This whole situation seems to me like something 4chan or Annonymous could handle.

GameboyRMH
5/18/17 4:35 p.m.

Could, but with their mystery grab bag of morals, if they got involved you can't be sure who they would side with

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
5/18/17 5:19 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Seems to me that wouldn't really matter as long as some of her family members actually read them one way or another

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/18/17 5:25 p.m.

She doesn't send from her own account. She sends from various fake email addresses she created using names of friends of my daughter.

So, Cruella's family would receive threatening emails that looked like they came from my daughter's friends.

1 ... 3 4 5

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
bg8XRdL2MXqRqSSGTtBrlZHBppyE2xPtbD3NKuEAuhUo4DCMCOvObvK7XlN0P7LS