96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
6/10/10 4:37 p.m.

These might be stupid questions. But how do you get photos of an iPhone? Do you have to send them by email? And how do you turn it to silent?

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
6/10/10 4:39 p.m.

You can set it up to sync photos, click on the iphone in itunes on the left bar when its plugged in via usb then the photos tab.

The switch on the upper left side above the rocker volume switch is the silent mode switch, easy peasy.

Anything else?

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
6/10/10 4:44 p.m.

I tried the side volume and it seemed to be making noise when I turned it down all the way. And with the sync thing will that take pictures from my computer and put them on my iPhone.

Josh
Josh Dork
6/10/10 7:28 p.m.

The little flip switch above the volume is silent mode.

For photos, on OSX you can dump them into iPhoto, on windows it should recognize the phone as a camera and let you download directly (at least thats what happens on my computer at work).

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/10 7:52 p.m.

Plug phone into sync cable, which is then plugged into the USB port of your computer.

Start iTunes

Wait.

Get some coffee....

Wait some more.

Eventually iTunes will load, make sure you're signed with your Apple ID and that iTunes recognizes your phone.

Set up syncing of pictures, music, movies, etc within iTunes and sync the phone. Keep in mind that if you sync with another system, you'll lose all of the items you synced.

For getting photos off of the iPhone, in Windows it should recognize the phone once plugged in as a camera and you can go through the Camera wizard or just open the folder and grab the files directly. Note: This only works with pictures, the rest of the files (like music, movies, etc) are not available this way. I'm guessing that a Mac would operate similarly, but would look cooler doing it and make you want to wear a turtleneck with jeans.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m97PpJ6ANtZGTKwH1gVOmVqbgUMKZORpqNWhvUqXCEsBKajIHSFBRMtTmQDJmWvY