DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/24/09 1:39 p.m.

so after spending like 3 hours of playing it on simulators while at sebring i decided to renew my account and purchase sebring and daytona tracks along with the Star Mazda and Riley Grand-Am cars. I managed to accumulate $20 in iracing credits and they are discounting everything right now. I am throughly enjoying the Star Mazda cars but I need to build my license up so I can race them. I really need to build a "cockpit" for my g25 and new monitor, i just need a frame and seat. This will also allow me to play forza 2 as well!

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
3/24/09 3:45 p.m.

Today is the last day of my subscription. After what may rate as the most craptastic race ever yesterday, I won't miss it. The Solstice is too fragile, the upgrades and cost too expensive, and the other people who I've been cursed to race with more often than not have no grasp of anything that isn't directly in front of them. I've decided the money I could spend on iRacing is better used for my real race car.

Fun while it lasted, but not worth it vs the real thing.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/24/09 4:17 p.m.

I agree with you, it'd be nice if they only charged you to race, after your first subscription is over you can practice as much as much as you want, that'd be nice, because it is a great simulator. I will still play forza more often because of the freedom to mod your car and set it up to your liking, but I can't use my G25 with that :(

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
3/25/09 6:32 a.m.

Two more horrible races yesterday. I despise Laguna Seca, in spite of having won a race there. Turns out my sub runs out April 24, so I have another month of virtually smacking my head against the wall with this sim.

When it's good, the racing is really fantastic. Unfortunately, it's only about 1% of the time, it seems. Maybe I should give up road racing and just do ovals.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/25/09 9:04 a.m.

I ran a circle track race last night, was running second the whole time. Like 5 laps left third place car comes flying up in my rear view mirror and nails my left rear. I get bitched at, then I get a e-mail from iRacing stating I'm at fault for "blocking."..............

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
3/25/09 8:23 p.m.

I had a guy smart mouth me for not moving over during a road race. "Didn't you see the passing flag?" Uh, yeah, but in real racing if I'm still racing someone else ahead of me I ain't just going to move over so you can lap me. Earn it, sucker.

I haven't been 'reported' yet. I figure the last couple races next month nobody gets past me unless they play nice.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/25/09 9:31 p.m.

welp I just got put on probation for calling someone euro trash during a game. I told the guy who put me on probation to "see ya" with some explicatives and canceled my membership, also contacted Visa about my last purchase from there and stated that they were unauthorized. I'm not going to pay a ridiculous amount of money to play a game and then be told what to do and what to say. This dude totally rails me in a corner, then states that I was "blocking" and reports me for blocking and calling him euro trash, so I get 8 weeks probation. I simply stated this "School is the only place where I pay and get told what to do, grief is something I only get from my girlfriend....this E36 M3...I don't get it from a outrageously priced video game....($&(&%$(W($&%%$W$&$W^&"

I was so excited to race Sebring with the Star Mazdas and the Grand-Am Riley at Daytona!!! I'll just load up GTR2 again and keep on playing Forza2 and wait til Forza 3 and another reputable PC sim.

I just can't believe I got all excited again about this game.......

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
3/26/09 5:26 a.m.

Once I'm done with i-wantyourmoneyRacing I'll have to confer with you on a suitable replacement. While I do enjoy it, I find with iRacing I spend more time cussing at the game and the idiots who have never heard of 'situational awareness' than I do enjoying myself. I'm tired of getting penalized when someone hits me. I've had maybe 3 good races out of all of them that I've played and more that were 1st lap disasters than I can count. For all their harping about safety ratings and punishments it doesn't seem to make much difference.

walterj
walterj Dork
3/26/09 7:29 a.m.

A couple friends and myself host our own private rFactor game running the Historic GT mod once a week. rFactor is kindof crappy out of the box and a little bit of a pain to setup but once you get real feel, and some decent cars/mods installed it is excellent.

Minumum requirements IMO... RealFeel plugin, Historic GT Mod, Porsche 997 mod, and almost every track listed in rFactorCentral's Hall of Fame. Mid Ohio, Brands Hatch, Barber, Sears, Lime Rock and the Glen to start.

We are more diligent about playing once a week in the winter (every one is busy with their real race cars now) but send me your emails and I'll add you to the invite list when we do manage to get there.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/26/09 9:23 a.m.

I'm stuck on Forza, I know it's for the 360, which means that most people don't consider it a true "sim" but I find it pretty realistic. Plus the level into which you can customize your car and set it up to your likings is awesome. When I race online I only do it with people who have mics so that if you are going to try and make a move on them you can call "confuzion, I'm on your inside" etc. The only thing that sucks in the 8 people per race, but it does limit the amount of dumbasses you get.

I'm going to re-format my PC this weekend, I just need to pic up an external HD, and then I guess I'll pic up rFactor

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/26/09 11:40 a.m.

hey what's a good site to d/l rFactor stuff? I checked nogripracing but they are mainly GTR, GTR2, and GTL

curtis
curtis New Reader
3/26/09 11:53 a.m.

damn i feel like a caveman, i still play gt4 on my ps2, but at least i have the wheel and pedals with force feedback. I think its a good sim, the lap times according to car and power output and such are pretty accurate. So i use that to practice when im not behind the wheel of my real car.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/26/09 12:01 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: welp I just got put on probation for calling someone euro trash during a game. I told the guy who put me on probation to "see ya" with some explicatives and canceled my membership, also contacted Visa about my last purchase from there and stated that they were unauthorized. I'm not going to pay a ridiculous amount of money to play a game and then be told what to do and what to say. This dude totally rails me in a corner, then states that I was "blocking" and reports me for blocking and calling him euro trash, so I get 8 weeks probation. I simply stated this "School is the only place where I pay and get told what to do, grief is something I only get from my girlfriend....this E36 M3...I don't get it from a outrageously priced video game....(*$&(*&%$(*W(*$&%%$W$*&$W^*&"

It sounds like they're struggling financially and they're going to suspend you for getting hit?

Smart move on their part. (<-sarcasm)

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/26/09 2:16 p.m.

They are going to be hurting even more financially if these shenanigans keep up. From what I've learned - when you treat customers with disrespect and try to reprimand them for using your product, you won't stay in business for too long. Just imagine if you purchased a new car and then said car company starts yelling at you and puts you on probation for driving the car too hard on your way home from work....you wouldn't be a happy camper. The same goes for a product such as a video game - especially when the price to play the game outweighs any other game (of any sort) on the market today. Am I wrong or am I making a pretty valid point?

They should be privileged to have me playing the game and as a customer, it shouldn't be a privilege to play the game after the fact that I've already dished out the coin. If they want an elitist up-scale game they should have a license test that you must pass before you can even purchase the game and play it....but they'd prolly charge for that too.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/26/09 3:44 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: Just imagine if you purchased a new car and then said car company starts yelling at you and puts you on probation for driving the car too hard on your way home from work....you wouldn't be a happy camper.

Sounds like Nissan and the GTR launch control.

jde
jde Reader
3/27/09 9:38 a.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: hey what's a good site to d/l rFactor stuff?

http://www.rfactorcentral.com is a great resource

ansonivan
ansonivan New Reader
3/27/09 11:31 a.m.
walterj wrote: Minumum requirements IMO... , Historic GT Mod,

I downloaded this a few weeks back but could not install it because it kept asking for the GTL cd... Ideas?

jde
jde Reader
3/27/09 12:10 p.m.

Buy GTL for ~$10-$20. Either by itself, or in the GTR2 Game of the Year package.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/27/09 6:51 p.m.

i have complete simbin collection lol

walterj
walterj Dork
3/27/09 7:23 p.m.
ansonivan wrote:
walterj wrote: Minumum requirements IMO... , Historic GT Mod,
I downloaded this a few weeks back but could not install it because it kept asking for the GTL cd... Ideas?

I picked it up at Gamespot in the el-cheapo bin for $7. You don't need to install it - you just need it in the tray when you install so while technically wrong... one could borrow the disk from a friend as well if really short of cash.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wn2w6L8TLExRhOP6d50mR4GJVsNRj94mjihA3yDzDggAGOFQItFPzC7WMrPcWk0m