1 2 3
T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
4/28/16 5:59 a.m.

So when I order at Starbucks or other places where they ask your name, I usually give them a fake name. It seems like T.J. Is really confusing to a lot of folks. I typically go with so ething simple and plausible like Bob. Anyway, this morning the woman in front of me orders and gives her name as Margot. I was inspired. this happened next:

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/28/16 6:05 a.m.

The sweet little girl at the Chik-fil-A counter turns beet red when I tell her my name is "Stud".

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/16 6:12 a.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Troll? No sir, you are a great American and an example to all.

Lately any place that asks for a name I've been using Slim.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
4/28/16 7:03 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Can I steal that?

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
4/28/16 7:07 a.m.

I've always used Leroy.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
4/28/16 7:08 a.m.

In reply to bastomatic:

Leroy Jenkins? And then run out of the store?

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
4/28/16 7:13 a.m.

Also, while shopping, if my wife or I wonder away from each other, you will here "Marco..." "...Polo". We usually get a smile or a chuckle from the other customers.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
4/28/16 7:31 a.m.

Haywood. Haywood Jablomi.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/28/16 7:55 a.m.
RossD wrote: In reply to bastomatic: Leroy Jenkins? And then run out of the store?

Please. That's Leroy Brown. Baddest man in the whole damn town.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/28/16 8:04 a.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/28/16 8:08 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/28/16 8:11 a.m.

I have a friend whose name is Beau. He has the makings of a decent blog comprised of nothing but ways Starbucks counterdroids have berked it up. Some of them aren't even in the same zip code as his name.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/28/16 8:35 a.m.

I'm constantly called "Steve" regardless of how well I enunciate my name. My first name is Wade, so that's always confused for "Wayne" too. Oh, and I get "Johnson" for my last name pretty frequently as well.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/16 8:52 a.m.

heee... my name is Arthur.. usually shortened to "art" and usually mispronounced as "mark" for some odd reason

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
4/28/16 9:18 a.m.

I hate when they ask for my name. I'm not telling them. I usually tell them four or three or however many people were in front of me when I got there.

You don't need to know my name, just give me my food.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/16 9:19 a.m.

I'm usually "Stig" but I'm occasionally something funnier like "Taco".

trucke
trucke Dork
4/28/16 9:24 a.m.

Tonto, Tonto Goldstein, My friends call me Bubba!

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
4/28/16 9:42 a.m.

A few years ago we went out to eat at a rather busy sit down restaurant (wasn't my idea but the wives just had to eat here lol). There was a pretty good wait so they asked for a first name. My buddy gave the name of Ron Jeremy, he said he was from the south (kind of like Jim Bob etc) and said that was his first name after the greeter said they didn't need a last name. After a fair wait in the bar area, they broadcast his name and said table for 4 is ready, he purposely waited so they called it a second time over the speaker. He then saunters up to the desk with his wife in tow, and my wife and I as well. You should have seen the looks on the faces on some of the people there who obviously know who Ron Jeremy really is.

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
4/28/16 10:22 a.m.

I am Voltar, Destroyer of Worlds.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
4/28/16 10:27 a.m.

Batman here... They pay closer attention when they are making a sandwich for Batman

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/28/16 10:29 a.m.
RossD wrote: Also, while shopping, if my wife or I wonder away from each other, you will here "Marco..." "...Polo". We usually get a smile or a chuckle from the other customers.

My wife and I do this too. And here I thought we were unique!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/28/16 11:26 a.m.

"Count the Money!"
"...de Monet."

"Heady Lemar!"
"It's 'Hedley'."

"John Big Booty!"
"Big Boo-TAY."

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/28/16 11:58 a.m.

My friend in college always gave his name to restaurant hostesses as "Mazzola" or "Mizzoula", because he got a charge out of hearing them announce "Mazola, party of 6, Mazola party..."

dropstep
dropstep Dork
4/28/16 12:01 p.m.

I hate this because im normally wearing my work uniform. It clearly says Nick on my name tag. So i usually tell them Dave or steve.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/28/16 12:13 p.m.
RossD wrote: In reply to bastomatic: Leroy Jenkins? And then run out of the store?

At least you have to have chicken.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FcWJOJJpOfqVRM408b5Z2Hl9IGilxsjJwAQq8ClXya5lfQjOH6m02r2c8M4S1Ifm