1 2 3
Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
4/28/16 9:07 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: If I were to reference the Simpsons, my names would be Max Power with my significant other: Chesty LaRue, Busty Sinclair, or Hooty McBoobity.

I have a Max Power desk-type standing nameplate on a shelf behind the counter in my shop.

Ross413
Ross413 Reader
4/28/16 9:10 p.m.

Name is Ross, people always go for Russ. So it is usually Ralph or Walt for some reason.

Am I the only one who gives a wonky name then totally forgets so I stand there like a dolt waiting for my crap, people watching...?

Thanks Walt

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
4/28/16 9:21 p.m.

My first name gets butchered all the time. Wendell. Should see what people write sometimes. Window, Windle, Winnal for some examples.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
4/28/16 10:21 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: "Count the Money!" "...de Monet."

"You look like the Piss Boy."

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
4/28/16 10:45 p.m.
Ross413 wrote: Name is Ross, people always go for Russ. So it is usually Ralph or Walt for some reason. Am I the only one who gives a wonky name then totally forgets so I stand there like a dolt waiting for my crap, people watching...? Thanks Walt

Next time, do it on purpose.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/29/16 5:45 a.m.

I was visiting my Dad recently, who is 90. He called for some take-out Italian, then we went to pick it up.

They had a drive through window. The woman asked what name, and my Sad said "Paul". I was confused. My name is Paul, his is Irv.

He later told me that so many people screw up "Irv" in so many ridiculous wats that he gave up. He just uses my name.

I thought it was kind of funny, coming from my 90 year old Dad.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/29/16 7:23 a.m.

This thread is making me want to pretend my name is Hiro Protagonist.

But you never forget it.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
4/29/16 7:50 a.m.

When asked for my name while waiting for a table "Wild" is the answer.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/29/16 7:59 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
Appleseed wrote: If I were to reference the Simpsons, my names would be Max Power with my significant other: Chesty LaRue, Busty Sinclair, or Hooty McBoobity.
I have a Max Power desk-type standing nameplate on a shelf behind the counter in my shop.

I keep telling the coworker with the last name Vallandingham to sign for packages as Max Power. So much simpler.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
4/30/16 10:12 p.m.

There was a drawing here at work for some random thing around the holidays. Someone entered Pat McRotch in the drawing and Pat won. Pat even made the company website....

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
5/1/16 12:33 a.m.

How about "WOOF" or "ARF".

Boaty Mcboatface

Holla!!

Jetson

Xiocia...pronounced SueSha

The Dude

Daddy

Foghorn

Smurfette

R2D2

Moonsniffer

Crusty

I worked with a young lady and gave her a nickname because I was having trouble remembering her name. I could remember that it was a cars name, but not which one. I picked the furthest from her real name (Alexis) and called her Bronco and it stuck. They know her as Bronco at Starbucks and her friends have called her that for 4 years now. She went to a local college and joined their world famous dance team and showed me her custom dance bag with "BRONCO" in 4 inch tall letters.

Bruce

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MuFsmk2X5IlRucSG3WtuQK6a685nNHF5VSpBbjeXqwxdZnbzaq3fdzmeKYJ1mPjz