1 2
kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/2/20 5:31 p.m.

Serious question, although it could be kind of fun.  Here's my issue: I've got a substantial infestation of carpenter bees in my deck.  Although they rarely sting, they are sort of aggressive and it's a bit unnerving getting buzzed repeatedly by something that sounds like a mini B-17.  That said, I don't want to kill them since they are good pollinators, just get rid of them.  Apparently, almond oil drives them out and keeps them away for a bit, but you have to get rid of them first, because the females will sting (quite badly in fact, I got nailed by one as a kid).   Apparently, the best way to drive them out of the area is with sound waves.

Sooooo, here's were we get to an odd musical question.  I need a song to play for my little friends to send them down the road.  The more bass, the better.  Annnnnnd go.  (Bonus points for playable links)

Also, got to play it in the neighborhood, so nothing NSFW.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
6/2/20 5:34 p.m.

I was gonna but your last sentence ruined all my choices

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/2/20 5:40 p.m.
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/20 5:42 p.m.

Intro to Runnin’ With the Devil?

Grizz said:

This. Except for maybe old school naughty by nature, cypress hill, and house of pain.

Lots of bass music out there. Play some of the trap music from YouTube if you don't have any.

Sounds like you need some sound transducers or bass shakers and just dump the bass frequency straight into the deck. Then it really doesn't matter what the music is, you will more feel it than hear it.

Will
Will UltraDork
6/2/20 6:00 p.m.

Can  you find/do you have speakers capable of playing notes that people can't hear, but bees can?

Kind of like a dog whistle, but for bees...

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/2/20 6:03 p.m.

Something that I test bass response with is Mountains of Mars by Electric Wizard.

It's also an instrumental so you can't really offend anyone

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/2/20 6:04 p.m.

In reply to Will :

Not sure.  The "how to" a read said they don't like the vibration, so I just assumed bass was the ticket.  

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/2/20 6:04 p.m.

This may sound weird but Prayers for Rain by the cure is super bassy if you have an adequate stereo. You'll feel it in your throat, in a good way. You also may need therapy with too much exposure. 

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
6/2/20 6:06 p.m.

Bee careful of The Brown Note! 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/20 6:35 p.m.

This thread had to show up when I stopped driving my Volvo with the epically awesome woofers in the doors, didn't it.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
6/2/20 7:56 p.m.

Sounds like ( see what i did there) what you need is an audio surface driver. Do a google on "terfenol speaker" to see what that deal is. Put Dat Bass Right There...

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
6/2/20 8:24 p.m.

Around the World- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Chameleon- Herbie Hancock

Return of the Space Cowboy- Jamiroquai

Pulling Teeth- Metallica.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/2/20 8:30 p.m.

When it said  " its all about that bass" 

I thought it was a Fishing story !

and the one that got away........

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
6/2/20 8:32 p.m.

The intro for Whole Lotta Love is a deep bass line.

former520
former520 HalfDork
6/2/20 9:05 p.m.
barefootskater said:

This may sound weird but Prayers for Rain by the cure is super bassy if you have an adequate stereo. You'll feel it in your throat, in a good way. You also may need therapy with too much exposure. 

The 'Mixed Up' album also thumps excessively.  Dr Magic Mike is neighborhood approved.  How could you go wrong with an albulm titled 'Bass, the Final Frontier'

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/2/20 9:10 p.m.
Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 New Reader
6/2/20 9:30 p.m.
Grizz said:

lol

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
6/2/20 9:48 p.m.

I have just the subwoofer for you. 

I am partial to some heavy remixed Hermitude

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/20 11:05 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/20 11:06 p.m.
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/3/20 1:16 a.m.

I surprised nobody has suggested W.A.S.P., I mean - it makes sense....

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) HalfDork
6/3/20 6:25 a.m.

Sounds like you want to go to war with the bees.  Bonus points for the A-Team reference in the lead in:

Miami Bass Wars

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
6/3/20 6:26 a.m.

Three 6 Mafia is what comes to mind.

If you've got the subs and wattage, Late Night Tip has a constant low bass line, and while the subject matter isn't PG, I don't think there's any overt vulgarity, at least not dropping F-bombs and the like.

Stay Fly would be another good one, but it's got some off color lyrics.

Beastie Boys - Paul Revere again not PG, there's some violence but otherwise clean lyrics.  You could probably find radio edit versions of most of their stuff. Sabotage, So Whatcha Want, the list goes on.

LL Cool J - Going Back to Cali

AWOL Nation -Sail

I'm getting nostalgic, I had a pair of Alpine Type R 12s and a giant 1000 Watt (RMS) Clarion amp, in the Jeep, I was the shiny happy person you could feel coming blocks away long before you see or hear me.  If I could have all the money I wasted on car audio in my youth back...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CNEfHbTG59mf33PijuYdLU7dYuqfwwmmI3hImZR1blSmZdYtJWTUlHzurB7Ctm3t