1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/20 7:25 a.m.
Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
6/3/20 10:08 a.m.

Wrong base, this is the only solution I've found.

I've been fighting carpenter bees in my barn for years now.  I didnt want to kill them so I've tried all the natural repellants, oils, vinegar, cayanne, peppermint, etc.  None have kept them away for long.

I've also beat on the boards with a hammer while they were in there, didn't seem to bother them.

If the thought is that the vibration will drive them away, what about a small motor with an offset weight to create a Shaker motor?  Strap it to if the boards and it should be pretty quiet compared to a sub.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
6/3/20 10:23 a.m.

I've probably told this here before,

I spent hours as a kid standing in the entry to my parents old wooden barn with an aluminum bat, or piece of pipe from my tether ball post knocking wood bees out of the air.

Then I discovered that the 12% protein feed pellets we fed the calves were just about the same size as a .177 airgun pellet, and when fired from any of my air rifles the pellet exited the barrel like rat shot. I honed my bee shooting skills with cattle feed and an air rifle.  I got pretty good at blowing bees out of the sky with processed grain-byproduct flak. laugh

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/3/20 10:28 a.m.

Pretty much anything by GRiZ or The Floozies will have pretty satisfying low-frequency love.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/3/20 11:03 a.m.

Song called "call ticketron" by run the jewels. It bangs. 

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/3/20 11:57 a.m.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/3/20 12:09 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Great one hit wonder , i hope they were smart enough to keep the rights for it  , they should be getting some goor royalty checks , 

Perfect song for cruising the Autobahn :)smiley

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/3/20 9:02 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Also considered to be the worst solo on a popular classic rock song ever funnily enough

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FygSu0WVjJBCg3nuIImADG7VI5yJzlxj35LFkcTknqTLjbdfe21rsoYC7OXV14wg