1 2 3 4
The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
5/4/17 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

I'm pretty live and let live. I don't plot revenge on neighbors for complaining if I'm in the wrong but I do have a long memory for things like "your grass is half an inch too long."

Now in my story's instance the woman that complained I had to listen to her shrill voice cursing at her middle school aged kids to get ready for school every morning. I didn't call CPS because that would be over the top but lord did that get old.

With that though I do expect the rules to be evenly enforced across the board. I think you damn well better have your E36 M3 together if you're going to tattle on someone else for a short term issue (read 1 to 2 day) like your trash issue.

Again that's why I live somewhere that I own multiple acres and I have a several hundred yard standoff from my neighbors. People sometimes have nothing better to do and I seek to minimize my exposure to that type.

WilD
WilD Dork
5/4/17 2:07 p.m.

That's a big part of the problem, uneven enforcement and philosophical differences. These things are only "enforced" if someone makes a complaint, and the people making the complaints are not perfect either (though I am sure they think they are). It is pretty sweet when someone's call to code enforcement backfires on them a little bit though.

I actually do keep my home looking pretty nice, but I don't think of it as a static display for others viewing enjoyment. It's a plot of land where I store my belongings, with a shelter that shields me from the weather when I am not working.

If people want to control what they can see and hear around their home, they should do the right thing and be rich enough to buy a sufficient radius of exclusion.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
5/4/17 2:13 p.m.
MulletTruck wrote: I see the common complaint is eyesore, Mine was for sound.

I have sound problems with the same neighbor I mentioned earlier

I like alfa's quote from last year:

alfadriver wrote: HOA's are great when your neighbor is a PITA. They are horrible if you are the PITA.
MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
5/4/17 4:19 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote:

Every Sunday morning my neighbours get to share in the joy of a Ducati bevel drive engine with Conti mufflers.

None have complained yet."

My motorcycle and truck are quiet.

Its Gator mating season that got me in trouble. Its like people who move next to an airport and complain about the noise Planes make.

I was there for years before the open land was developed. I didnt have the money to fight Mr Moneybags Murdoch. It was bad enough losing $50K, it was ultimately what forced me out of the animal biz.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2e7iGgBFd0CTRGSyjndLPXbkn9WgilSIdXHhLcDmelwDkypOuqMRidKnw56iT1KF