John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/10/08 9:07 a.m.
Bad People said: from barr nathan to XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com date Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 8:11 AM subject Processing Associate Required - 1500/week hide details 8:11 AM (1 hour ago) Reply We are a Germany company, we are doing business all over the Europe, our main activities are real estate investments and digital currencies exchanges. As a result of expading our business in North American region, our company must keep up with our American customers accepting the most popular payments in the United States: Paypal. We are currently seeking an dependable and enthusiastic US representative to handle the transactions. Being located in Germany, a transfer via Paypal system sent here can take up to 14 days to arrive, therefore we need a US representative with an US paypal account who able to accept the payments from our US customers. This will significantly improve our business, that's why we can pay 5% from every transfer processed. Almost anyone is accepted, but a verified paypal account is required, an account where you will be receiving the transfers. If you are interested to find more about this position, let me know at: dibag_industries@msn.com Thank you, Martin Rohwerder Dibag Industries AG

Please do not fall for this kind of stuff:

skruffy
skruffy Dork
7/10/08 10:06 a.m.

Lolz, I always pay for my real estate investments with paypal. Sure, the fees on $100,000+ transactions are kind of scary, but it's so convenient.

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
7/10/08 10:44 a.m.

Yeah, I usually get those from overseas textile and drug companies wanting me to be the "US Contact" for payment.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/10/08 10:52 a.m.

shakes head and walks away

rob_lewis
rob_lewis New Reader
7/10/08 11:15 a.m.

So, do they convince you to give them your account information so they can transfer the funds? If all they have is your PayPal account name, I'm not sure how they would scam you.

Someone please enlighten me. (Or respond with something so obvious that I'll probably smack my forehead and go DOH!!)

-Rob

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/10/08 11:23 a.m.

They have people send you fake PayPal payments, then direct you to forward the payments on to them.

The money that gets sent to you is fake and disappears. The money you send to them is real, from your bank account, and also disappears.

(Assuming it works at all like the normal CL scams.)

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
7/10/08 3:23 p.m.

DOH!!

(Smacks head....)

-Rob

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/10/08 4:41 p.m.

dibag_industries@msn.com

Does that stand for DI(rt)bag_Industries?

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
7/10/08 5:39 p.m.

I got a phone call the other day from some guy claiming he was at my bank and wanted to give me a free gas card. I was like " Cool, send it over". Then he said " ok just to verify, whats your birthdate" .... at that point i hung up the phone. Scam alarm started going crazy once he wanted my personal info.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/10/08 9:05 p.m.

On the subject of scams:if you use a gas company credit card (as opposed to a debit card) at the gas pump 'reader' make SURE you hit 'clear' after the transaction is complete. I thought that was BS until my dad Emailed me a copy of his last BP account statement showing multiple charges on the same day! They have had to issue a new card and review his last 3 months' statements.

I use my debit card (no bill at the end of the month) so that hasn't been a problem for me. It appears if you use ANY card as a 'credit' (including your debit card) this is possible.

captainzib
captainzib New Reader
7/11/08 7:39 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: It appears if you use ANY card as a 'credit' (including your debit card) this is possible.

So if you use a real credit card as 'credit' you have to clear it out afterward? I've never done this and haven't had a problem

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/11/08 12:17 p.m.

You may have been lucky. My dad had this happen at the same station about 7 days apart. Both times he used his BP card as a credit card. BP is investigating the station.

The card readers here at work can accept a debit card as a credit card. If you slide a debit card through the slot and press the 'credit' key, it doesn't ask for a PIN number. I dunno if it stores the card number.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/11/08 2:14 p.m.

LOL! Paypal is a popular form of payment I like the way the "company" is using an MSN address

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LY48mOJPjDen9pzffHKf6YTdksc7NKXJao9sFqHd4Sthsj4kImPSVSwAGHj6xOtj