1 ... 6 7 8
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/20 5:46 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

People just think music used to be better, because all they hear anymore tends to be the best of whatever bygone era it came from.  They aren’t hearing all the filler crap.  I listen to American Top 40:  The 70s occasionally, and wow there was a lot of crap.

This. So much bad music has been forgotten over time with classic and oldies stations just playing the top 50 or so songs that you start to think it was all great. There's plenty of enjoyable music being made now and with so many different ways to put it out there may be more available now than when you had to convince a company to put out a record. As a fan of almost every type of music I'm being turned on to new music all the time. 

I try to get friends to recommend something to me regularly that they think I wouldn't be listening to. It's gotten me into some odd directions.  

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/22/20 5:51 p.m.

And Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen do the best version of Hot rod Lincoln.

https://youtu.be/F9QpDvhshOQ

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/21 1:23 p.m.

Chick fil-a is overrated

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/29/21 1:35 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Chick fil-a is overrated

I'm not a "ride or die" Chick-fil-a fan, but I don't think I've found a better fast food chicken sandwich.  Popeyes is okay, and Cane's tenders with their sauce is good, but if the line isn't to long, I'm going to Chick-fil-A 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
1/29/21 1:42 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Chick fil-a is overrated

I'm not even going to argue with you. Their food is a solid "Meh" as far as I'm concerned.  As an employer, they've been spectacular for my teenage son, however.

So: Chick-Fil-A as food 6.5 out of 10, as an employer 9.5 out of 10.  Would recommend.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/22/21 8:29 p.m.

The following is the best movie dialog exchange ever:  (From Tombstone)

Wyatt Earp:  "Oh, your friends will get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe"

Billy Clanton:  "He's bluffin' "

Ike Clanton:  "Oh, he ain't bluffin'"

Change my mind.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/20/21 10:55 a.m.

Thread resurrection time.

Genesis before Phil Collins took over lead vocals sucked.

Peter Gabriel was a lot better as a solo artist than as part of Genesis.

Change my mind.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
10/20/21 12:38 p.m.

Chic-fil-a, while not the best chicken sandwich on the planet, is magnitudes better than any other chain chicken joint, including Popeyes, Raising Cane, KFC, and all the other also-ran fast food joints slingin chicken sandwiches.  

Popeyes and Raising Cane are truly terrible.  Ron's Steakhouse and Wendys have them hands down for chicken sandwiches.  

If you find yourself needing chicken, Dodge's Southern Style is a winner in my books.  Also their chicken fried steak breakfast sammich - holy smokes.  

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/20/21 7:34 p.m.

Ya'll can argue all you want about chicken, but no poultry-based sammy will ever hold a candle to an even decent beef brisket sammich.  

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 New Reader
10/20/21 8:01 p.m.

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

Burger King has a better spicy chicken sandwich than Chic-fil-a.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
10/20/21 9:42 p.m.

I like the one at Arby's. But my current favorite is the one at Sheetz. (Sorry if you don't have Sheetz near you)

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/21/21 9:47 a.m.
RevRico said:
kazoospec said:

Kind of in the mood to restart this, so:

"I want to rock and roll all night" is the most repetitive song ever written.  It has like 6 lines total.  

Have you ever heard of a band called Credence Clearwater Revival? They made a song called Fortunate Son, then made whole albums where the only words they sang were the song titles.

Message in a Bottle wins. I counted some time ago, it was a startling number of repetitions.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/21/21 10:02 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

John Legend's version of Silver Bells is the best version, maybe the only good version even.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWukflaGG08

Definitely false on the second point, and IMHO, false on both. John Prine.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
10/22/21 10:01 p.m.

From a buddy:

"Fantasy football is dungeons and dragons for jocks."

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/22/21 11:25 p.m.

Krylon is superior to Rustoleum. Change my mind.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/23/21 8:47 a.m.
tuna55 said:
RevRico said:
kazoospec said:

"I want to rock and roll all night" is the most repetitive song ever written.  It has like 6 lines total.  

Have you ever heard of a band called Credence Clearwater Revival? They made a song called Fortunate Son, then made whole albums where the only words they sang were the song titles.

Message in a Bottle wins. I counted some time ago, it was a startling number of repetitions.

I Got My Mind Set On You.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/23/21 9:10 a.m.
eastsideTim said:
tuna55 said:
RevRico said:
kazoospec said:

Link Wray's Rumble was banned by radio stations in the 50s for suggestive lyrics.  It's an instruminstrumental. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/23/21 9:33 a.m.

The throwback Chevrolet Silverado's I see around do nothing for me.  Meh.  

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/23/21 9:44 a.m.
tuna55 said:
RevRico said:
kazoospec said:

Jungle Boogie

Get Down, Get Down
Get Down, Get Down [Repeat: x 6]

Jungle Boogie
Jungle Boogie
(Get It On)

Jungle Boogie
Jungle Boogie
(Get It On)

Jungle Boogie
Jungle Boogie
Jungle Boogie
(Get Down With The Boogie)

Jungle Boogie
(Come & Shake It Around)

Jungle Boogie
(Help & Get Down)
Jungle Boogie
(Boogie Baby)
Jungle Boogie
(The Boogie)

Jungle Boogie
(Uhhuhuhhhu)
Jungle Boogie
(Get Down)
Jungle Boogie
(Get Boogie)

Jungle Boogie
(Let Me Jump In)
Jungle Boogie
(Down With The Boogie)
Get Down Get Down
Get Down Get Down [Repeat: x 10]

Uh, Yea
Feel The Funk Ya'll
Let Me Feel The Load

Get Down With The Boogie
I'm Gonna Knock With The Jungle Boogie
Get Down
Get Down With The Boogie Say
Uhgh

Get Down Say Uhgh
Get Down Say Ugh
Till You Feel It Ya'll
Get Down Ya'll
Get Down
Get Funky Ya'll
With The Get Down

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
10/23/21 10:13 a.m.
Appleseed said:
eastsideTim said:
tuna55 said:
RevRico said:
kazoospec said:

The Weird Al version is the first one I think of, then I have to try to remember the original's title.  laugh

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
10/23/21 10:13 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Genesis before Phil Collins took over lead vocals sucked.

Peter Gabriel was a lot better as a solo artist than as part of Genesis.

Change my mind.

Only if your preference is for pop music.

While Phil Collins pulled it off fairly, and surprisingly, well for one album, the band went down hill in a hurry from that turning into a soft rock/pop band nothing like it’s original progressive rock roots. They peaked with the Lamb, Gabriel’s last album with the band, IMO. Peter Gabriel was also very successful post Genesis, though I think he was still at his best either with them , or on his first two solo albums, but I don't think he lost his way like Genesis did.

Thirteen year old Peabody was devastated to hear that his favourite singer was leaving his favourite band, thinking it was the death of Genesis. After the first album without Gabriel I questioned that. After the second I didn’t. 

Interestingly, Phil Collins thought Genesis should become purely instrumental after Gabriel left, thinking they wouldn’t be able to replace him. They didn’t but he formed an instrumental band shortly after a s a side project that would become my favourite fusion band, Brand X.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
52m9FyGqetCTFEUP6ynr2TK0BWKdFgbYMie4eJMrD4NsLF2TldaFBdpMVxM5vXU2