noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/2/14 2:27 p.m.

So I get a message from my son. "I broke the left steering lever on the Bobcat. But it's alright, I just turned with the right lever until I could get it (the Bobcat) parked out of the way." sigh

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/2/14 4:11 p.m.

two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
1/2/14 4:28 p.m.

I wonder what your yard looks like? Skidsteer rodeo.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
1/2/14 4:46 p.m.

Count yourself as lucky. He managed to get it moved out of the way.

I got a text from my kids telling me that they got the truck stuck in a paddock. Then they got our tractor stuck while trying to pull the truck out. Then the neighbour's tractor stuck trying to pull out our tractor. Oh and the horse's still needed a round bale. I had to deal with it when I got home from work. In the dark and a snowstorm.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/14 4:53 p.m.

In reply to Wayslow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
1/2/14 6:21 p.m.

In reply to noddaz:
When I was 18ish, back in the late 80's I was a National Ski Patrol at a Mountain Resort. Well on the very last day of the ski season, after we closed the slopes and quite literally every single other person had pretty much left the resort, a buddy of mine and I decided to replicate what Warren Miller used to show in his ski video's with Audi Quattro's. Yep drive up a ski hill! So we dug a spot out that transitioned from the parking lot to the hill, and off we went. Made it most of the way up the first hill we tried. Then another... We'll not being smart enough to realize we had more than pushed our luck and should have quit, we tried one more angle. At this point we were at the furthest point from the parking lot, and I buried the 4KQ up to the door molding on the drivers side. Ohhh berkely. We hiked out and hopped in my friends car to see if we could find anyone to help. I called my dad who was home sick. Explained where his car was, after he laughed and said "figure it out" he hung up. Were on our own. We found one last mountain maintenance guy who took sympathy on our dumba$$es, and offered to help. He saw were the car was and said the only thing he could use was a snow cat. We hooked it up to the cat, and he said that if it didn't work it would probably just rip the car apart as it pulled We gave it a go, and it actually came out with out a scratch. Got home and my dad asked if I was going to be that dumb again. Told him I couldn't make any promises, but next time I have a winch!
Glad you got it out without any damage and just a bit of frustration. Happy New Year
Paul

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/2/14 6:23 p.m.

In reply to paulmpetrun:

Clearly you just needed more power.

http://youtu.be/cg_GAVA8VHQ

The
The Reader
1/2/14 6:41 p.m.

my 15 year old son called me and said i tried to drive your 88 m3 and had a wreck the cops are here......totaled? no doubt.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
1/2/14 7:00 p.m.

In reply to The:

While killing him and making a new one might sound like a good idea right now, it isn't.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
1/2/14 7:14 p.m.

Was he wearing a seatbelt?

The
The Reader
1/2/14 7:59 p.m.

seatbelt in the m3 or the bobcat? not to hijack the tread but in the m3 no he was not but the girl he teeboned was...they were sitting on the curb when i got there she had her arm around him, consoling him, the cop would not give him a ticket, he said "looks like dad will handle this" luckly the insurance came through.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
1/2/14 8:03 p.m.

What does the girl look like? Hot or not?

The
The Reader
1/2/14 8:25 p.m.

hot enough, but he was dating a HS cheerleader at the time so, no play.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
1/2/14 8:30 p.m.

pics or ban.nyuck Is the skidsteer OK?

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
1/2/14 9:28 p.m.
The wrote: my 15 year old son called me and said i tried to drive your 88 m3 and had a wreck the cops are here......totaled? no doubt.

This should be told at the mandatory Abstinence Protects Everyone meetings in the high school gym. Maybe then they would, wait for it, gain some traction.

The
The Reader
1/2/14 9:37 p.m.

before.....there are no afters

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/14 8:48 a.m.

In reply to Mitchell:

Are you kidding? He wads up an M3, dates a cheerleader and so far has lived to tell. I'd trade places with him today.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/3/14 8:53 a.m.

Well, this thread took a turn for a change.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle HalfDork
1/3/14 9:04 a.m.

Wow. You guys are some understanding fathers.

The
The Reader
1/3/14 11:17 a.m.

in the interest of full disclosure, he crashed the m3 on a friday, i crashed this the next day at RA.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
1/3/14 5:55 p.m.

tell that boy to buy a lottery ticket.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zen6YXkzWcFvy5xAzNrXm6QretUx6eBQo77yA8vA0PJEzXOhUZGabQNQO8FOoiYp