Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
4/27/20 2:42 p.m.

What apps/programs is everyone using for diagnostics?

I've played with Torque Pro from the android store.   ForScan for the F150.

What else is good?

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/20 3:02 p.m.

ForScan sounds like something I don't want to google.

I used to have a free version of torque that I liked the interface, but I couldn't get the cheap dongle to connect so I never got much further than that.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/27/20 3:10 p.m.

AlfaOBD if you have an FCA product. Its basically like FORScan but for Ram/Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat/Alfa. I use it on my Ram 1500 to enable features found on higher trim level trucks. Works great.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
4/27/20 3:11 p.m.

Forscan allows modification of various Ford/Lincoln system buses.    Add/Remove features that aren't typically found on your vehicle.   

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
4/27/20 5:32 p.m.

So tell me more about Forscan. 

Where can I get a copy? 

Does it require a cable from computer or is it done through bluetooth connector?  

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/20 7:43 p.m.

Torque is pretty good for basic stuff. You can make a pretty elaborate set of gauges with it if you get the PIDs for your particular car. I've used it to check and clear codes on several cars.

I've only played around with ForScan a little. The rear-view camera on the Expedition lost it's guide and center lines, so I was able to reset the module with ForScan and they came back. I tried to figure out how to use it to disable BLIS (aftermarket towing mirrors don't have the sensors and it constantly pops a warning in the instrument cluster), but I wasn't able to.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
4/28/20 5:46 a.m.
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) said:

So tell me more about Forscan. 

Where can I get a copy? 

Does it require a cable from computer or is it done through bluetooth connector?  

https://forscan.org/home.html       You can use BT/Wifi/Cable that is  ELM327 and J2534 compatible (Amazon has them for $20)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pQud0LtEFZZr9ut2NOBR6IfyJsjiVhwIJ8jyhZ2FJcO1yFaVwDPCdjEMFivCgtkW