1 2
rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
1/25/10 7:28 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Happy birthday, welcome to the old fart status

At what point do I hit "older than dirt" status? 50? 60?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/25/10 7:30 p.m.

I remember when dirt was created. It made laying new race tracks so much easier.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
1/25/10 10:45 p.m.

It's not the age.....it's the mileage

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
1/26/10 12:28 a.m.

In your circumstance, the old George Burns line really rings true... "You're only as old as the women you feel.".

Getting older isn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I'll be 43 in April, but still feel like I'm in high school... Mentally, at least!!!

cwh
cwh SuperDork
1/26/10 11:15 a.m.

I turn 65 the end of May. It really didn't bother me until Sunday night, after trying to keep up with the 30yo guys in the Nassau warehouse. Then I felt absolutely ancient. Pains. Other than that, I'm still OK. My middle 30's were by far the worst time of my life. Got way better after that.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
1/26/10 3:30 p.m.

I remember turning 30. Dirt was still under warranty back then.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
1/26/10 5:34 p.m.

Yeah I'm not feeling old at all heck I've mostly got the urge to kick myself into shape and work on my projects and the like.

Also for some reason I have been on a zombie/apocalypse movie kick as of late. In the last few days I have watched I am Legend, Mad Max, The Book of Eli and right now watching the '68 version of Night of the Living Dead.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/10 9:57 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: I'm not feeling "old" at all, and I'm vowing to kick my butt into shape this year. Last night I ordered that P90x set, buddy of mine recommended it said it actually got him motivated and got him to kick his butt in shape. Girlfriend said if I don't use it she will kick my butt so more incentive lol.

RGTP, any update on P90x? I've been looking into it and looked here first to see if there were any reviews. Your mention above was the only that came up. I'd love to hear your feedback.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/20/10 11:48 a.m.

mine is on order - give me a month to really digest it, and a review will be posted

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
7/20/10 12:30 p.m.

It's all down hill from here, dude. I was kind of excited about 30. 31 wasn't bad. 32 is in a couple weeks and I just want to completely ignore it. Then again, I've done a lot of hard livin' in those years, and it shows.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/20/10 12:51 p.m.
some kid said: Dang where has time gone?

Bite me.

One day you'll be standing in the bathroom looking at the mirror and saying "Who's that old man wearing my pajamas?"

My anniversary is Thursday, 32 years with the same person. My boss is a girl of 32; 5'11" blonde, thin and drives a new red mustang. Sometimes I have to remind myself that she is young enough to be my daughter.

My brain is having trouble acclaimating to the new environment....

Dan

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/10 1:37 p.m.

Hey I always say you're only as old as you feel (but once you're over 50 you're fair game for being called "old" )

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/20/10 2:31 p.m.

Any idea how embarassing it is getting your butt kicked by an old man?

Jus' sayin'.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
7/20/10 2:53 p.m.

I went a couple of rounds "Sparring" with wifeys 34 YO son a few months ago. I enjoyed much more than he did. His comment was "Dayum, you're fast." Grin went away a coulpe of days later.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/10 9:27 a.m.

I am pushing 40 this year... I can and do still out work some of the kids I work with.. who are quite literally, half my age.

And no, I do not feel it the next day

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6uXuB0AJlvpRTZCwkBOLi1quWgkpmkjFPxqyD18M78ddLvyhqLLpnUM0W6YcSZsb