1 ... 9 10 11 12 13
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/24/20 12:51 p.m.

I hate the bronco pickup concept but I hope they sell a million of them so the platform sticks around. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/24/20 12:55 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) said:

I hate the bronco pickup concept but I hope they sell a million of them so the platform sticks around. 

Agreed. 

I think I've figured out my dream attainable garage: 

-Minivan

-Gladiator automatic, especially if they put a V8 in it like the rumors have been

-2 door manual Bronco

-E36 or E30 convertible, Miata, or similar

A lot of redundancy in there, but a man can dream.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/20 1:51 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

Im looking at

2022 Bronco 2 Door, Black Diamond Trim, 2.7, Sasquatch Package.

R35 preferably 2012+

something for rallycross

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/24/20 1:57 p.m.
MrChaos said:

something for rallycross

This is low-key what I'm interested in.  I want to know what it will do in the AWD world occupied by Subarus and such.

MrChaos
7/24/20 2:07 p.m.

so seeing that, I reserved a 2 door Black Diamond

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/20 2:21 p.m.

i may have missed it but they aren't offering a Coyote in any package level right?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/24/20 2:22 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

Not yet.  There will likely be some sort of Raptor/SVT version at some point, but nothing that has been planned

MrChaos
7/24/20 2:28 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Not yet.  There will likely be some sort of Raptor/SVT version at some point, but nothing that has been planned

which i think will be the 3.0 ecoboost like the Ranger Raptor is supposedly getting.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/20 2:30 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Cool. As much as I live rowing gears, a 2 door 5.0 auto would be pretty dang fun offroad in a lot of conditions. 

MrChaos
7/24/20 2:47 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:
Mr_Asa said:

Cool. As much as I live rowing gears, a 2 door 5.0 auto would be pretty dang fun offroad in a lot of conditions. 

i wouldnt count on a v8 in it. It will be at max the 3.5 ecoboost. with the most likley option being a higher spec 2.7 or the 3.0

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
7/25/20 9:01 a.m.

When I go to the site to configure one I can't seem to find where to add the sasquatch package and other options.  Anyone else having this issue or is it just my general lack of tech savvy?

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/20 9:06 a.m.
docwyte said:

When I go to the site to configure one I can't seem to find where to add the sasquatch package and other options.  Anyone else having this issue or is it just my general lack of tech savvy?

Not 100% sure but I think you just choose the trim now and add that later when the dealer calls you to finish the order. 

7/25/20 9:09 a.m.

I really like this car. Two weeks ago I test drove a new Defender 110 and was dead set on one of those for my wife, now I am conflicted. 

My brother just put 2 deposits. I wonder how dealers are going to react to the demand, are they going to start tacking on huge mark ups? I might still put a deposit in as the Defender requires a $5k deposit and a 6 month wait if I order it to my specs. 

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/25/20 9:13 a.m.

I'd be very surprised if it's physically possible to fit a Coyote in that or a Ranger. That's a HUGE engine.

aftermarket I'm sure someone will do it But you'll have to cut to cut the truck pieces. Probably seriously compromises it for off road use. 

edit: I was curious about tuned power numbers on the 2.7. Looks like over 400ftlbs at 2500rpm is just a canned tune away. 5 Star tunes at Stage3 Motorsports. These guys have a rep for very safe long term tunes. max torque on a coyote happens over 4500 rpm and is a little lower. (At the wheels numbers)

Sidewayze
Sidewayze New Reader
7/25/20 9:36 a.m.
MrChaos said:

so seeing that, I reserved a 2 door Black Diamond

I like that picture.  Reminds me of a Lada Niva. 

MrChaos
7/25/20 10:48 a.m.
docwyte said:

Configurator isnt out yet. They say it will be out next month.

MrChaos
7/25/20 10:51 a.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

I really like this car. Two weeks ago I test drove a new Defender 110 and was dead set on one of those for my wife, now I am conflicted. 

My brother just put 2 deposits. I wonder how dealers are going to react to the demand, are they going to start tacking on huge mark ups? I might still put a deposit in as the Defender requires a $5k deposit and a 6 month wait if I order it to my specs. 

Apparently Ford has told dealers no markup on reservations.  This was from a dealer that has a 20k markup on GT350's..

MrChaos
7/25/20 12:08 p.m.

Cancelled my reservation for yesterday and made a new one at the dealer my cousin works at so I can get D plan pricing.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/25/20 12:12 p.m.

You know, if they made that pickup a single cab, the bed would be a fairly functional length.........

Not that Ford reads the forum, but if they did, they should do this. 

7/25/20 12:45 p.m.
MrChaos said:
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

Apparently Ford has told dealers no markup on reservations.  This was from a dealer that has a 20k markup on GT350's..

This is very encouraging; so much so that I am going to place a reservation now just in case I can convince my wife. 

I saw on yout following post that your cousing works at a dealership, did you get that info through him?

MrChaos
7/25/20 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

no that was from Bronco6g forums

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-to-dealerships-no-markups-adm-on-new-broncos.2471/

MrChaos
7/25/20 1:22 p.m.

I went and looked at colors at the local ford dealership today. I think im going to go with Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat. Color on the 2020 Edge ST's, Expeditions, Escapes, Super Duty's, Fusions, Explorers and F150's.

Velocity Blue is a touch too dark for my choice of blue,

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/28/20 8:39 p.m.

Parked in the Roush Plant parking lot in Allen Park, Michigan.  Coworker had me measure height - (75" or so?).  A bit beat up so my thought is that it's an engineering mule.  

Now my brain is wondering if it had a VIN tag on the dash.

MrChaos
7/28/20 9:00 p.m.

squatch package badlands or higher cause of the lights

MrChaos
7/28/20 9:01 p.m.

likely trim i would order

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PPw9U4eZP5oaEkkT4lMIK1P1imZZM65zKvrgSc8GDrSgr2syorXxF8k5UVdJJp4N