1 2
dculberson
dculberson Dork
3/27/12 12:41 p.m.

That is awesome.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
1/30/15 1:10 p.m.

Mulching mower?? I dont rake leaves. The trees need the nutrients from the leaves and the poop that the bugs make from feeding on them.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/30/15 1:14 p.m.

Buy it once, keep it maintained, run it forever. While some here think cheap is king, a bunch of us prefer spending the extra doing it right the first time. We had a similar thread awhile back on chainsaws with about a 50/50 split on Stihl and everything else.

Years of hearing my father complain about having to carry the old stihl by hand, and years of trying to convince him to buy a backpack type to no avail, I broke down and bought him one of these for his birthday. He loves the damn thing and wonders why he never listened to me before. I figured it was the least I could do since I borrow his $15k Hustler mower once a week to mow.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br600/

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/30/15 1:22 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

I'm not sure he's still waiting around for an answer to this one...

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/30/15 1:24 p.m.
yamaha wrote: We had a similar thread awhile back

Well you are right about that!

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
1/30/15 4:38 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to DrBoost: I'm not sure he's still waiting around for an answer to this one...

Haha. I didn't see the date on the original post.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/30/15 8:37 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

I didn't either.....fml

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/31/15 6:14 a.m.

a canoe had resurrected the thread ….

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/19 10:57 a.m.
wbjones said:

a canoe had resurrected the thread ….

Again!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/13/19 10:57 a.m.

Zombie thread, canoe deleted

daeman
daeman Dork
1/13/19 2:17 p.m.

The question is, has anyone considered using a leaf blower for canoe propulsion?

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
1/13/19 2:42 p.m.
Derick Freese said:

In reply to pinchvalve:

I've never had any serious issues with well maintained equipment. I've had Stihl and Echo weedeaters last for 3 years with nothing other than a fresh spark plug once a year. At that point, the rest of the machine is pretty worn out and not worth repairing when it does finally fail.

Most Stihl stuff you can get parts for thus totally rebuildable

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/13/19 3:44 p.m.
daeman said:

The question is, has anyone considered using a leaf blower for canoe propulsion?

Don't use electric, you can only go as far as the cord...

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/14/19 10:29 a.m.

I have a good 2-stroke blower.  It's not a backpack but it is pretty hefty.  I only use it to blow off the driveway and to get leaves out of the flower bed.  I only have 0.2 acres but the problem with blowers on my property is the volume of leaves.  I borrowed a big commercial blower one season and all it could do was blow them into a big long pile and then it was done.  I had to rake it all onto tarps and drag it to the street.

Then I bought one of these.  Life saver.  It requires multiple trips to the street to dump the bag, but this is the ticket for me.  It has a small chute for sticks too.  I found it used for $125.

Image result for yardman leaf vacuum

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/19 5:19 p.m.

The thread that won't die!

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
6/5/19 7:05 a.m.

Echo PB770T. Been using one for 5 years and wouldn’t buy anything else. It’s s beast. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MNG53FcSJKGBlRgWUzZNNYb9TSRvF6orRTBb2x3eprBFhoB3XDAIsfJe3vZTogRj