1 2 3
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UberDork
5/16/19 2:57 p.m.

Definitely interested in this topic- the Dancer has a number of issues from her years of dancing and unfortunately she seems to have the gene where she gets almost all of the worst side-effects from many medications and thanks to this cannot take the more powerful anti-inflammatories that would probably help her the most. We've heard good things about CBD's noninflammatory properties but haven't figured out the best way to go about getting it and being confident it's not figurative snake oil.

Hadn't honestly thought of simply asking our doctor about it- will have to look into that...

Sebastrue
Sebastrue New Spammer
3/11/20 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Toebra :

is [canoeing a] danger for my health??

jaminson
jaminson New Spammer
3/13/20 12:50 p.m.

If I understand your conditions correctly, [I can canoe twice]

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
3/16/20 11:55 a.m.

In reply to codrus :

Marijuana and hemp are different plants

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/1/21 10:03 a.m.

Since this thread was started, I've tried CBD. It had absolutely zero effect on me.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
2/1/21 10:14 a.m.

Same boat as Tom^
Since my crash I've had chronic headaches and sometimes my usual fixes don't work. Stopped by a local CBD shop a couple weeks back and the dude was eager to get me some free samples. If I'm generous, maybe it took some of the edge off, but that's a stretch. Tasted like dirt, the paste he gave me to rub on my head stank.
Similarly, I tried kratom a while back too. It was in a capsule so it didn't stink or anything, but it also didn't help me. 
Eh, maybe it helps some folks. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/1/21 1:10 p.m.

Same boat here. The real deal helps me, but despite it being legal in Illinois I don't partake more than once a month or so. I view it the same as alcohol: while it may help in the short term, or be a fun distraction from life, the long term unknowns are too much, especially when considering your lungs. 

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
4/20/21 5:33 a.m.

I'm in the boat of straight CBD does nothing in edible form. I'm unsure of how I would respond to other forms. A 50/50 CBD/THC relaxed me too well. I wasn't high. Rather, I felt like my body turned into a weighted blanket. 

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
4/20/21 6:46 a.m.

I use CBD oil for anti-inflammatory/chronic back pain. It's not a cure for me, but have consistently proven to myself that it makes a meaningful difference as I've started/stopped using it multiple times to try to prove to myself that it's not coincidence or just in my head. It works well for me.

One unrelated side impact I've noticed is that it seems to help me with brain/body barrier stuff. I race dirt bikes, and at the end of a 3 hour race or 8 hour rally stage, your body is usually worn out enough to be seriously distracting. For whatever reason, the CBD seems to help my brain ignore that I'm tired and instead stay focused and loose on the bike. There's a big difference in performance when my brain is saying "oh no, my legs are cramping, my hands hurt too much to hold on, I can't push any harder" over and over vs naturally and subconsciously ignoring all that and instead focusing on "stay loose, keep your momentum up, pick a good line, keep your eyes up". Not sure I'm doing a good job explaining it, but this improvement in staying focused has been repeatable to me as well. The first time I raced with CBD, it kind of blew my mind. I didn't expect it to have any effect and was just hoping it would help with the back pain.

Downsides I have seen - I can't take it before work because my job is a lot of sitting in front of a computer, and it makes me tired/inefficient. It doesn't help my focus at work that I can tell. It also affects everyone differently. My girlfriend tried it once and it made her very irritable. She said she felt like she didn't give a E36 M3 about anything and it brought any frustration/anger to a bit of a hair trigger. She does tend to react pretty strongly to anything she takes though.

I've only tried the tincture you put under your tongue for a bit.

As with any supplements, quality makes a big difference in how effective it is. It's a bit hard to tell what is good and what isn't considering how popular and trendy it has become, and how little scientific study there seems to be on it.

AaronT
AaronT Reader
4/20/21 10:11 a.m.

I have found that CBD edibles don't do much/anything but smoking the flower does have a relaxing and mild high effect. I don't smoke much, but sometimes it's nice. 

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
acLRl2JaKcDqve3fLqy8A7kBQfUDq3ckAXOLKyRabUY6vHtniyTLzWi3EsbvGOZC