1 2
SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
7/15/13 3:30 p.m.

This is what I did in 2009:

I used a masonry saw blade on a crappy circular saw:

I also bought a brick breaker which did a reasonable job of producing a more "natural" appearing cut on pavers, but sucked at anything thicker or more precise. A bigger one would have been a better purchase, but I got one cheap and it did the job.

And to cut the caps for the walls, I rented a big honking tile saw like this one (which wasn't big enough to cut all the way through:

The money I saved doing this all myself paid for the subsequent four years of physiotherapy sessions.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
7/15/13 4:32 p.m.

I used a pawn shop $15 Skil circular saw w/ a $15 Chinese diamond "turbo" blade for my first bunch of masonry projects on house #1. It eventually fried in s fairly spectacular manner. Actual fire and all.

So I went to Harbor Fright and got their huge, honkin' 9" angle grinder of death and yet another cheap Chinese diamond "turbo" blade. I used it to demolish a 1949 tile-on-mud and plaster bathroom, blew it out with compressed air, and it's been chewing up masonry and metal now for about 5 years and seems indestructible.

I got a 4-1/2" diamond blade and a diamond cup wheel for my small (nice Makita) angle grinders that are super useful as well.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aM7x3fSoUscChWEg0SFAnyFJk24ZyzEYiQdHj4VPay2m8hRS8m2Fhrk7BBi4CkSC