1 2 3
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/22 1:13 p.m.

I'm on Fi as well.  Love it.  I stepped up to the $50 unlimited plan mostly because it gets me free calls abroad.  On the cheapest plan I was around $30-40/mo, but sometimes hitting 60-70 when I go to Canada in the summers (no wifi, paying for calls)  Coverage seems to rival the big companies since Fi uses multiple networks.

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/31/22 11:16 a.m.

Came here to comment as an original Android dev on the first slide-by beta phone, but pretty much everything has been covered.  This forum is great.  One thought I had hasn't been addressed:  Why upgrade at all?  I'm still using an iPhone7 on a TMoble bring your own contract with unlimited everything for about $27/month.  I'm off the long term contract/"free upgrade" treadmill and won't go back.

One other thought - privacy and security on an iPhone is better which is one of the primary reasons I'm still in the Apple ecosystem, as much as I hate being held captive in their walled "garden" which is close to a tech prison.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/22 2:41 p.m.

So I've been on the Samsung for a bit now, and so far I like it a lot. There is a downside to having choice however, this phone has 3-4 options for everything! Where do you want your contacts? Samsung, Google, Microsoft, Apple, or a third-party? It's hard to find the default for anything. And if you get rid of something, like Samsung Gallery, you get FOMO of its features. So if anyone has "default" Apps they swear by, or tips, feel free to share.

Separating from Apple has been more difficult than expected. I use Apple Air tags, so I'll need a replacement there. I approve purchases on my son's iPhone, so that system will need replacing as well. A lot of two Factor authentication requires an apple device, so I'm systematically replacing those. My son's Apple watch was also tied to my phone, so that needs work. Complicating the issue is deciding what to move to, again a lot of choices. Do I tie everything to google, or microsoft, or something else? I'll figure it out, but it's going to take some trial and error.

The main reason I bought the phone was for the camera however, and the reviews are correct. This thing has the most amazing set of cameras and I love the pictures that it takes. Lots of options for processing them as well. Lots of little things too, like timers for selfies, ability to shoot in raw and more. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pD7ilbkThGestYgZwqxq7omANYxfwMT7Q9m8Upl1QCTATl3idTBvgixuNljJ1cqs