Marty!
Marty! Dork
1/31/12 8:29 a.m.

I've got another wild hair up my butt and want to maybe start doing something with T-shirt designs.

My question is do I want to print them myself? I see the presses on eBay and on some websites but I have no idea about the quality of them. I'm looking at the two color presses FWIW. I also have no idea about what type of drier I might need.

I did some printing in HS but I'm sure some stuff has changed. Anybody want to educate me? Is it as easy as I remember?

Sultan
Sultan Reader
1/31/12 8:39 a.m.

Go to the T Shirt forum.com. It is very informative

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/31/12 10:22 p.m.

I've only done it as part of a class I took, but the quality is in the ink and screens. The main thing to look for in the printer itself is the alignment key. If there is any wear or slop in the key, you'll have "core shift." One color won't line up the same as the others.

Screens can be replaced, inks are purchased so you're in control of that. Make sure the printer has good alignment keys/slots and you're good to go.

There are inks that don't need a drier but from what I understand they don't hold up well. We used a hair dryer and it took a while but did the trick.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UaLG4EuBAiz46AZYc2nIVU6AVt1Mre07bTawtkUvjTtDCZHPm5MX0tutjk4ASp6q