1 2 3
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
4/16/21 6:48 p.m.
preach (fs) said:

Thawed frozen burritos

Isn't a thawed frozen burrito just a burrito?

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/16/21 7:26 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
preach (fs) said:

Thawed frozen burritos

I think technically that is correct.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/16/21 7:33 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:
ProDarwin said:
preach (fs) said:

Thawed frozen burritos

I think technically that is correct.

I dunno.  I think frozen burritos and frozen pizza are always called "frozen" even after being cooked.  I think its the law or something.

4/16/21 7:54 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

But are frozen pizzas really pizza? Or just a pizza-like substance?

Please see semi-annual pizza argument thread for further research......

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/16/21 9:16 p.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to gearheadmb :

20 years ago when I was working in Delaware we used to run up to Larue regularly.  I never tried a cheeseburger and now I regret it!

That's about the time I was there every other weekend or so. My good friends family had a couple cars and I helped in the pits keeping the cars ready between rounds. We had to race there because most legit tracks wont let an 18 year old kid run an 8 second car with all the safety equipment expired. We had a few good summers out there.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/16/21 9:24 p.m.
stanger_mussle said:

Peanut butter and jelly

Its got a lot of protein, some simple carbs and complex carbs. You wont have to worry about the ingredients spoiling if your cooler gets warm or they sit out a bit.

It took the third post for the right (and only) answer. This board is slipping. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/16/21 10:00 p.m.

Unless you are working on an extremely tight schedule, take the ingredients and make the sandwiches when you want to eat them. 12 years of school bag lunches mean I'd had all the four hour old sandwiches I want in my life, 42 years ago.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/17/21 9:53 a.m.

That's what I do when I have sandwiches in my work lunch. It's the only way, really.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/21 10:04 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

Pulled pork.

Autocross food should inherently make your cardiologist unhappy

I've been a huge fan of braunschweiger and Swiss sandwiches.  Full of fat, iron, protein.  Eat two of these sandwiches and have energy for days.

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/17/21 10:13 a.m.
dean1484 said:

My first rule of track food is try and not require refrigeration.  So PB&J was the go to. 

I've had ice packs in a $30 Home Depot cooler keep food cold enough for two day-events that it wasn't spoiled while noshing after day two.

I forgot the macaroni salad.  Great for those times when you need to inhale something but don't have time to make a sandwich.  Bonus points if it has feta cheese and spinach in it.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/21 10:49 a.m.

For a group that generally looks down on us roundy round folks there's a lot of sadness in this thread.  Racing is supposed to be fun, we bring along a guy that makes us chicken or meatball parm heros, pulled pork, grilled chicken, or cheesesteaks. On occasions he can't come I do slum it with whatever the track is serving but that thankfully doesn't happen often. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/17/21 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I know this thread was originally about track events, but frankly, at an all-day autocross, I'm never sitting still enough for long enough to eat anything bigger than a Lance cracker. I'm frankly astounded at the people who have time to eat a messy sandwich on site, let alone to insist on making them there.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/21 11:43 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Makes our day sound rather civilized. Aside from being covered in mud and such. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/17/21 11:59 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Apexcarver said:

Pulled pork.

Autocross food should inherently make your cardiologist unhappy

I've been a huge fan of braunschweiger and Swiss sandwiches.  Full of fat, iron, protein.  Eat two of these sandwiches and have energy for days.

Needs red onion slices, but that's not something I want to have to clean out of the defroster vents tomorrow.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/17/21 12:10 p.m.
Duke said:

I know this thread was originally about track events, but frankly, at an all-day autocross, I'm never sitting still enough for long enough to eat anything bigger than a Lance cracker. I'm frankly astounded at the people who have time to eat a messy sandwich on site, let alone to insist on making them there.

Track events shut down at lunch time so that the corner workers can have a break.

It's been a few years since I went autocrossing, but we always had an hour or so down at lunchtime so that afternoon runners can do a course walk.

4/17/21 2:02 p.m.

So, lunch was good! We had ham, bologna and cheese sandwiches on sweet Hawaiian burger buns. 

With lance crackers.

It was fantastic!

And prodarwin kicked my butt in my car. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/17/21 4:06 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Never let your co-driver win!  That's the first rule of allowing co-drives.  wink

More importantly, did you learn from him and get faster?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/17/21 4:13 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

Codrivers generally win because they are slightly unfamiliar with the car, so they enter the corner a bit more timidly, so they can hit the apex properly and get on the power earlier, thereby kicking your overdriving ass.

At least that's how it works for me.

4/17/21 4:30 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

I think he did. He definitely drives different than Shaun did, and i learned a lot about going further to go faster watching him. 

He got fourth. I was, again,  dfl in class. But only by three seconds this time!

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
4/17/21 4:58 p.m.

Can't go wrong with PBJ. Try peanut butter and hummus on bread for something different.

Turkey, swiss and chili dog mustard sandwiches are awesome as well.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
4/17/21 6:08 p.m.

Lunch was a win.  It tastes so much better when someone else makes it.  I'll bring the food next time.

Good event.  The car is a bit of a handful at first, but it has a lot of potential.  Sub optimal wheels and are keeping it from being super competivie however it's still a ton of fun to drive

First time I have autocrossed since 2012 (or maybe 11?) So I was a but rusty out of the gate.  It came back quickly though.

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/17/21 10:31 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

For a group that generally looks down on us roundy round folks there's a lot of sadness in this thread.  Racing is supposed to be fun, we bring along a guy that makes us chicken or meatball parm heros, pulled pork, grilled chicken, or cheesesteaks. On occasions he can't come I do slum it with whatever the track is serving but that thankfully doesn't happen often. 

That is one of the things I like about Ohio rallycrosses... lunch is a super important affair.  There's usually burgers and hot dogs and a smorgasbord of veggies and stuff.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cdNULBHvb8kr5p9h2JNL6TFUvGKia0Wf64qu9F4JsNhPbAFVd696oVcnI6riAMzZ