How about that early spring?  

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/20 2:16 p.m.

I like turtles.

wae
wae UltraDork
3/16/20 2:18 p.m.

Oatmeal cookies are only oatmeal cookies if they have raisins.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
3/16/20 2:19 p.m.

In reply to wae :

You don't count Oatmeal chocolate chip?? A buddy makes some, and they are the best. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/20 2:20 p.m.

We have a busy week at work. 

The Lemons car is coming together nicely. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/16/20 2:20 p.m.

I have one. Tim refused to play....

What would have happened had Stalin NOT stopped at Berlin. Could the allies have stopped the soviets from taking western Europe in 1945?

wae
wae UltraDork
3/16/20 2:25 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

They're good.  But they're not the One True Cookie!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/16/20 2:26 p.m.
bobzilla said:

What would have happened had Stalin NOT stopped at Berlin. Could the allies have stopped the soviets from taking western Europe in 1945?

OOoooh!  Good one!

einy
einy HalfDork
3/16/20 2:27 p.m.

My dog is super psyched that she gets to hang out with me all day!

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/16/20 2:30 p.m.

I pulled the fender liner out of the right rear wheel on the i8 yesterday to do some cleaning/look around inside.  Cleaned out some road grime, demonstrated some automotive OCD.  

Still not warm enough to take the tires out on the road, so it's a nice way somewhat value-added way to pass the time.

After I do the rest of the fender liners, I'll probably pull the rest of the under body panels.

I'm toying with the idea of cleaning some surface corrosion off the oil sump and maybe even polishing/waxing the bare aluminum reinforcement plate on the rear subframe.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/16/20 2:30 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

You would have to look at who had stuff left.  By 45, the Soviets had used up a whole lot of resources driving the Nazis back, and all they were gaining was Germany, which had used up everything they had available.  Great Britain had used up a great deal of stuff, but had the Americans backing them up, who had three years less war than everyone else, and resources from all over the empire.  Canada, India, Africa, Australia...  I think the Russians were happy to keep what they had.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/16/20 2:31 p.m.

Joan Jett produced The Germs. Bad Reputation is an exceptionally good movie.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
3/16/20 2:34 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I'm honestly surprised that he stopped.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/16/20 2:35 p.m.

Imagine what the world would look like today if smallpox had been an indigenous peoples disease that European settlers had no defense against.

(Unrelated disease content to current situation, legit not trying to tread any lines)

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/20 2:35 p.m.
bobzilla said:

The Allies had some discussions about turning on the Soviets after WWII. 

How about this: Hitler's infatuation with dive bombers was a result of his experience with trench warfare and demonstrated a lack of understanding with evolving tactics.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/16/20 2:36 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Yeah, we had just nuked Japan and were on a pretty serious roll ourselves.  Stalin wanted no part of the US war machine.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/20 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

By 1945 the Americans were producing 250 aircraft per day, most of which were heavy bombers and fighters. No possible way that Russia could have matched that. They were lucky they got Berlin.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
3/16/20 2:38 p.m.

I've been really drooling over tritoon boats lately. I always thought the old 2-tube pontoons were boring, dull, and unfit for saltwater bay duty. The more I look into the modern three-tube boats, the more I want one.  On a 22' boat you can typically carry 12-14 people, run 150-200HP outboard, top out between 35 and 40mph, and only draw 8" of water. Plus they handle a 2-3' chop easily.

I never thought I'd be a pontoon owner, but I'll be damned if I'm not leaning that way. Maybe even buying new.

Pic of pontoon aft deck

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/16/20 2:51 p.m.

Fuel injecting a carburetor car loses some of the soul of the car. Kinda like putting breast implants on Betty white. Not wrong for all people, but not right either. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
3/16/20 2:52 p.m.

How would the world be different today if Leonardo DaVinci had accepted the patronage of the king of France?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/16/20 2:52 p.m.
classicJackets said:

In reply to wae :

You don't count Oatmeal chocolate chip?? A buddy makes some, and they are the best. 

Oatmeal chocolate chip is like beer-flavored tequila or something.  Both flavors are good individually, but together they're not quite right.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/16/20 2:56 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Fuel injecting a carburetor car loses some of the soul of the car. Kinda like putting breast implants on Betty white. Not wrong for all people, but not right either. 

This better make "Say What?".

Also, I like pie.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/16/20 3:05 p.m.
bearmtnmartin said:

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

By 1945 the Americans were producing 250 aircraft per day, most of which were heavy bombers and fighters. No possible way that Russia could have matched that. They were lucky they got Berlin.

True... we were unloading the fighters we (arguably, for various reasons) didn't want to the Russians as war assistance - RE: the P39 Airacobra. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/16/20 3:12 p.m.

Pigs taste good.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
3/16/20 3:18 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

Also, I like pie.

In Ukraine (and possibly other places) liver pie with mayonnaise on it is a thing.

It looks a lot like chocolate with whipped cream... but definitely does not taste the same.

- anecdote stolen from a friend

1 2 3 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X2fSSpVjsa0wb9gVGcjEQUKrnAWRiV9I62xhbtqWfFQbHOEDbI31lc0QgtBFh2X1