1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 136
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/1/19 7:50 p.m.

Finally decided to put this one back together. I can't get a picture to do it justice. But from where it was when I bought it to what it is now it's a remarkable transformation.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/1/19 7:50 p.m.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/2/19 8:27 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

I liked it on the Book of Faces, and I'll like it here. That transparent color is really cool!

What model Squier is that? The headstock and hardware look similar to what came on my Squier SE Strat. After upgrading the pickups, tuners, and bridge, it has become one of my favorite guitars to play. If you are looking to mod it further, I can make some suggestions. Mine might go under the knife again soon for some additional upgrades.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/2/19 12:45 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

It's a Squier S.E. 

Last night was the first time I plugged it up and heard what it sounds like. And it sounds a whole lot better than my Squier affinity strat. 

I think I have this one sold.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/2/19 3:32 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Beautiful finish on that Squier! Those guitars punch so far above their price bracket too. And I don't even like Strats.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/19 10:59 p.m.

I picked got this the other day. Peavey up in Meridian moved all their manufacturing overseas several years ago, but apparently just left all their building untouched. One of the Peavey Cvlt FB group recently landed a job clearing out tons of old instruments/cases/speakers/parts/etc. and has been listing multiple for-sale posts daily.

I’d asked him early on if he encountered any left basses or parts to let me know, and Monday he sent me pics of two bodies. One was a loaded black body, and the other was this one, which is apparently some prototype finish that never went into production. He didn’t find any lefty necks, which is ok, as I’ll be converting it to short-scale anyway. Oh, and an 8-string. 

I briefly considered making it a 5-string, but I already have 2 I rarely play, in favor of my 6-string, plus there aren’t any suitable necks available. 

I’ve been budgeting it out, and this isn’t going to be a cheap - or thus quick - build, but I think it could end up being one I’ll play and want to keep around. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/18/19 11:26 p.m.

Ordered a cheap 12string from Thomman and was very very suprised at how good it was, plus $181 shipped from overseas is very cheap imo

Antihero
7/18/19 11:28 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

I picked got this the other day. Peavey up in Meridian moved all their manufacturing overseas several years ago, but apparently just left all their building untouched. One of the Peavey Cvlt FB group recently landed a job clearing out tons of old instruments/cases/speakers/parts/etc. and has been listing multiple for-sale posts daily.

I’d asked him early on if he encountered any left basses or parts to let me know, and Monday he sent me pics of two bodies. One was a loaded black body, and the other was this one, which is apparently some prototype finish that never went into production. He didn’t find any lefty necks, which is ok, as I’ll be converting it to short-scale anyway. Oh, and an 8-string. 

I briefly considered making it a 5-string, but I already have 2 I rarely play, in favor of my 6-string, plus there aren’t any suitable necks available. 

I’ve been budgeting it out, and this isn’t going to be a cheap - or thus quick - build, but I think it could end up being one I’ll play and want to keep around. 

I'm guessing you mean Derrick? I've got a few things from him and I'm considering more

Pete Gossett
7/19/19 5:23 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Yup. It’s been really difficult restraining myself from running up there & buying stuff, especially that Trace Elliott Bass cab he posted(that I have no real use for). I almost drove up to pick up this body, but I knew I’d come home with way too much stuff. 

Antihero
7/19/19 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I didn't even realize they were rare myself, I don't have any real use for a 8x10 either or I might consider it too.

Of course I also don't really have a use for the Peavey 2x12/2x15 I just ordered but that didn't stop me lol

Antihero
7/19/19 4:01 p.m.

Or guitar center will cancel my Peavey can order, either one

Pete Gossett
7/19/19 6:01 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I really don’t need that Trace Elliott - I already have 2 matching Peavey 2x10s, plus a 1x15 of the same series, and a pair of big-ass 1x18 Peavey PA speakers when things get really loud. Fortunately I’ve never needed to use them all at the same time, but my last band in IL did require the 2x10 + 1x18 setup for me to hear myself. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/19/19 9:14 p.m.

Serious gas lately. In March I owned one acoustic guitar and nothing else. Now I have more. 

Tama Imprerial star from cl. 

Some decent little monitors, a little midi keyboard, orange terror, couple mics, epi les paul, LTD ex, Japanese Jazz bass, and a little 8 track tascam. Fun stuff. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/20/19 12:58 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I didn't need to know about Thomman. I hate you. wink

Pete Gossett
7/20/19 9:04 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Nice!

Antihero
7/20/19 4:36 p.m.

In reply to Ian F :

Lol, I said something very similar to the person that told me.

I really like the Harley Benton 12 string I posted and am seriously considering their bass vi 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/19 7:48 a.m.

I've actually had this little one for a while now - it's very handy when I travel for longer client engagements as I can practise a bit of guitar playing when I'm stuck at a hotel:

The furball thinks he's still a better guitar player than me, and he's probably right.

There's also a 2000 Squire SE Strat hiding in my music room - it needs a setup badly (string action is at "bow hunting" levels) but hey, I more or less got that one for free with a Marshall Lead 12 combo. I'll probably flip that Strat soon in case someone on here is interested.

Antihero
7/21/19 1:34 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

I've actually had this little one for a while now - it's very handy when I travel for longer client engagements as I can practise a bit of guitar playing when I'm stuck at a hotel:

The furball thinks he's still a better guitar player than me, and he's probably right.

There's also a 2000 Squire SE Strat hiding in my music room - it needs a setup badly (string action is at "bow hunting" levels) but hey, I more or less got that one for free with a Marshall Lead 12 combo. I'll probably flip that Strat soon in case someone on here is interested.

The SE necks are great, huge. I'd probably be interested

Antihero
7/25/19 8:57 p.m.

my impulse buy, a whole $29.99 new. Sounds pretty cool with the small setup I have out

Antihero
8/13/19 11:01 p.m.

Pretty excited about this. Made for only one year too, Fender Esquire Scorpion, with some mods including planet waves tuners and a DiMarzio pickup that I'm pretty sure is upside down.... possibly a crunch lab.

Mahogany, set neck, curved top and plays great

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/14/19 7:08 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

damn you... now I want to find one of those.

Yep...  rare... closest I've found is a Celtic version on eBay for $599.

And a Strat version on Reverb for $750 (which says it's a neck-thru).

I cannot buy any more guitars right now... 

Antihero
8/14/19 9:43 a.m.
Ian F said:

In reply to Antihero :

damn you... now I want to find one of those.

Yep...  rare... closest I've found is a Celtic version on eBay for $599.

And a Strat version on Reverb for $750 (which says it's a neck-thru).

I cannot buy any more guitars right now... 

It was only made for one year it looks like. It's a hell of a guitar, I highly recommend one if you can find it. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/19 12:21 p.m.
Antihero said:

I'll ping you if I ever get around to making it somewhat playable again rather than suitable for bow hunting.

Antihero
8/14/19 4:27 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:
Antihero said:

I'll ping you if I ever get around to making it somewhat playable again rather than suitable for bow hunting.

Cool, sounds good

Antihero
8/18/19 12:45 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

I know of one for sale on Facebook if you are interested

1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 136

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LPOlrxwbqKJ44OgxFuJ0SX3ly3gbPTpAiKSFuBfEoJCFdGCkWJiwQ79K7ti0tK5x