1 2
jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo None
10/6/08 12:09 p.m.

Hey fellas! My name is Jon, some of you may have met me (against your will) at the $2008 GRM challenge in Gainsville. (Boy do you guys put on a show!) I was the fay guy drooling over the AWD Tracer, and the same fat guy trying desperately to squeeze a 12 out of that AWESOME 2.3T spitfire. (shout out to dherr BTW).

Anyways, as a brand new member, I thought id share a bit about my self, and let yall in on my next project. I grew up in FL, lived on the space coast for almost 20 years, when I moved to AZ for a better job. Over those years, i have had the privilege of driving some of the most wonderfully craptastic heaps known to man. But right before i left, i was given an 87 Ford Turbo Coupe as a gift, and my love of the Lima (and curse) had begun. That's right i said it, I LOVE the Lima 2.3T...

It is now a 13.30 full weight bracket car on weekends, a 31 mpg daily driver on weekdays, and the occasional "reason i own 4000 tools". It is still an IHI turbo'd car, with factory electronics, blow thru VAM, stock La3, and 46 pph injectors. It also has a BOPORT stg 3 head, with an Esslinger 2277 cam. I love this car, its decently fast, handles well, rides like a Cadillac, and is cheap to maintain (refill the oil and check the gas).

Anyways, along with a few of my good friends, John and Big Daddy Dave, (we were at GRM8 together), we plan on entering a car into GRM9. We spent a good deal of our time at GRM8 getting ideas, learning the rules, and getting a first hand look at what works (a yellow turbo civic) and what doesnt (unfortunately, no lexus V8 swaps for us...cool ride though). We have pretty much decided on a SBC (small British car, think spitfire/tr5) with a 2.3T, or a Yamaha/SHO V6. I have a good deal of knowledge on the 2.3T, but the SHO motor is hard to ignore as an option.

So, there you have it, i talk to much, i make a habit of stuffing my foot in my mouth, and have the uncanny ability to be completely wrong and refuse to admit it, so feel free to call me on it!!! :P

-J0N

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
10/6/08 12:12 p.m.

welcome

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/08 12:29 p.m.

Welcome aboard Jon!

Jay
Jay HalfDork
10/6/08 12:35 p.m.
jmthunderbirdturbo wrote: So, there you have it, i talk to much, i make a habit of stuffing my foot in my mouth, and have the uncanny ability to be completely wrong and refuse to admit it, so feel free to call me on it!!! :P

Cool, you'll fit right in with the rest of us then. Welcome to the board! :D

J

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
10/6/08 12:39 p.m.

Nice intro. Good to meet you. Welcome aboard!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/08 12:43 p.m.

What's up Jon!

I "grew up" with this character. Watch out if he actually goes to the Challenge, Jon only builds em to win. There's pics of his "Goldie" out at Carlisle this year.

Better learn how to start turning corners though mullet...

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
10/6/08 12:47 p.m.

Welcome! It was nice meeting and talking to you this weekend. I look forward to the Lima Powered _ next year .

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo New Reader
10/6/08 12:55 p.m.

Umm...Mike, have you ever met me before? You must not have, cause im not the kind of guy that 'fits' in a spitfire...ask dherr... :D what an experience, like trying to stuff a 350lb plumber into a tool box...nah, ill have a blast building it, but John can drive it... :P

PICS! yay!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/08 1:17 p.m.

Hey I said you build them to win, not drive them!

I gave up on Photobucket on this site and moved to Imageshack.us I have no idea why it doesn't work.

You'll want to start a "Reader's Ride" page for Goldie (look at the links on the left).

jmthunderbirdturbo
10/6/08 1:50 p.m.

i have too many writeups to move my stuff around....oh well, ill think of something.

ill do the readers ride thing eventually.

-J0N

EastCoastMojo
10/6/08 2:01 p.m.

Photobucket works just fine. Copy the address that is labeled "Direct Link", not the one for "Forums & Bulletin Boards". Then, when you post, click the little camera button next to the smilies and paste the link in there.

jmthunderbirdturbo
10/6/08 2:18 p.m.

well, yes, i got that way to work, but id prefer links, to better serve those with dial-up who would rather not load for 12 hours to read an intro...

also, once youve seen the pics, why look at them everytime you go back to this thread...links are better...

-J0N

jmthunderbirdturbo
10/6/08 2:23 p.m.

ill add more later.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/619/

EastCoastMojo
10/6/08 2:36 p.m.

He he. OK. If you had said links I would have told you how to do links. I see you have figured it out

jmthunderbirdturbo
10/6/08 3:22 p.m.

well, no...i still cant make links to photobucket work...

EastCoastMojo
10/6/08 3:27 p.m.

Test

Studebaker

Copy the "Direct Link" address and when you post click on the button that looks like a chain link and paste the link there along with any text you would like it to read as, such as "Test" or "Studebaker".

I hope that helps!

jmthunderbirdturbo wrote: well, no...i still cant make links to photobucket work...
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/6/08 4:34 p.m.

You'd have to show me the link, but there's no reason why the link shouldn't work. The only ones I've seen it have problems with are links with spaces in the filenames. That's a really bad idea anyways.

Anyway, you don't have to do anything to put a link in, really. Just paste the URL in and it'll make the link for you.

EastCoastMojo
10/6/08 4:39 p.m.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q130/RightRevChuck/Ashleighs%20stuff/StudebakerFinal.jpg

Yeah, but to make it say Linky you have to do it the other way.

jmthunderbirdturbo
10/7/08 12:32 p.m.

yes, well, ECM, the first link in your last reply goes to "photo not found", the 'test' and 'studebaker' work fine. ill try the chain link thingy.

-J0N

jmthunderbirdturbo
10/7/08 12:34 p.m.
EastCoastMojo
10/7/08 12:35 p.m.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q130/RightRevChuck/Ashleighs%20stuff/StudebakerFinal.jpg

Interesting. OK, when I paste it here the link shows up correctly, but when I submit the post it cuts off the end of the link. Weird.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/7/08 12:36 p.m.

East Coast, you've got that space in "Ashleighs stuff". That'll throw it right off.

jmthunderbirdturbo
10/7/08 12:36 p.m.

that link goes to no photo as well...

but mine work.

-J0N

EastCoastMojo
10/7/08 12:38 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: East Coast, you've got that space in "Ashleighs stuff". That'll throw it right off.

Ah ha! Yep. I didn't even think about there being a space in there.

mtn
mtn Dork
10/7/08 12:40 p.m.

That thing makes me think dirty thoughts

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DMto0yKOrt9pb3uYbdzZbGiPsf8sjzCBERTHi890AHgoUjsEVy4BByMbv6cEcbbq