1 2 3 ... 7
Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter)
Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/9/23 7:58 a.m.

I have not been very active on this board lately but still follow several builds and know many of you, and many of you had met my son Brandon when we brought the MR2 to the challenge in 2019. Brandon was killed in a car crash on his wat to work in San Diego on 3-31. He was a sailor on the USS Abraham Lincoln, 21 years old. For those in the area his funeral will be this Saturday April 15th https://fb.me/e/17DQppty9.

Brandon is on the right in the blue hat.

His friends in California started a go fund me to help cover funeral sixpences, we told them this was not necessary, but they insisted that this is what they wanted to do to honor their friend. In a week this has raised almost $5000. https://gofund.me/1c948b4b

They would like us to use the money as a memorial to Brandon and we are looking for ideas on how to do that. I would like to do something that is more tangible than say giving to a Veterans organization. We had thought about can we get a service dog for a veteran, but the little research I have done is basically donate money but there is no connection. If anyone has ideas we would like to hear them.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/9/23 8:06 a.m.

Genuine tears on my part!  But, no words.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
4/9/23 8:28 a.m.

In reply to Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) :

I remember meeting your son @ the Challenge when we pitted next to each other.  I'm so, so sorry for your loss and will keep your family in my prayers.  

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/9/23 8:45 a.m.

Im so sorry. broken heart

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/23 8:48 a.m.

Dammit.  I'm so sorry, man.  Hopefully you can find peace.  No words on a forum can soothe this, but we're here for you.  Lean on us.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
4/9/23 8:50 a.m.

I am sorry for your loss. That is heartbreaking beyond words. 

In regards to something to do, though not much, my wife put a nice bench near her first husband's grave. It has pictures engraved and some words. There are not many places to sit when visiting graves, and that shares a little of his story.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/9/23 9:11 a.m.

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you. 

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
4/9/23 9:15 a.m.

I have 2 boys, one the same age and one who is 17. I cannot imagine your position and my heart breaks for you.  Your boy's Service is tremendously appreciated.  I will try and think of something worthy of his honor.  God bless. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/9/23 9:17 a.m.

Is there anything my family can do other than pray? I can't imagine what you are going through, but i hurt for you and your family. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/9/23 10:00 a.m.

I saw this thread title and opened it in the hope it didn't mean what I thought it meant. So, so sorry.

Margie

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/9/23 10:17 a.m.

I'm so sorry. I'm stunned.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/23 10:29 a.m.

Just no words. Sending a big internet hug to you and yours.   

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/9/23 10:29 a.m.

Sorry about your loss - you're right though - a parents worst nightmare.  

We ask for God's Grace at this time.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/23 10:32 a.m.

Wow, I'm so sorry. I will PM you my number in case you want a new shoulder to lean on.

BenB
BenB HalfDork
4/9/23 10:38 a.m.

I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/9/23 11:22 a.m.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
4/9/23 11:25 a.m.

Heart breaking.  I was hoping that the services might be in San Diego but alas.  Praying for your family - can't imagine the pain.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/23 11:27 a.m.

Man I can't imagine. I'm here for you if you need anything. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/9/23 12:05 p.m.

I'm heartbroken. So deeply saddened. I'm so sorry.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
4/9/23 12:21 p.m.

I’m so sorry for your loss and know that there aren’t any words that help.  We’ll keep your son and your family in our thoughts. 

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
4/9/23 1:31 p.m.

I know it cannot help, but, our sincere condolences. I can't imagine how hard this is.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/23 1:54 p.m.

I'm so sorry

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/23 2:06 p.m.

sorry.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/9/23 2:10 p.m.

Out of words. So sorry. 

imgon
imgon HalfDork
4/9/23 2:17 p.m.

I'm so sorry for your loss, we send our prayers to you and your family.  For a memorial,  a bench at a place he enjoyed. IAn annual trip I take, passes  by a bench for one of my uncles that I usually and sit at.  If you want to take it further we know of a family that started a foundation in the name of their child. We wish you  peace and healing prayers.

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cpNjGOGQgWkI8vvjfpDh8z9mIVHBPdvLYk5c6iWNjkQtB8LwSprVvvFzIa91fBzO