redjeff30044
redjeff30044 New Reader
7/6/18 7:50 a.m.

I've spent the last 30 days trying to recover my account password here.  I've tried every damn password that I've ever had. And I've tried to reset it more that a dozen times.  For some reason I am not receiving an email with the password reset info.  I've looked at my Spam filters, there's nothing there for GRM.  I've logged on and off the mail server, that hasn't helped.  I'm not Megadork status, just a lowly Reader, but I would still like to keep my original handle and account info.  Any other help or ideas would be appreciated

Formerly known as "Noodle"

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/6/18 8:05 a.m.

In reply to redjeff30044 :

Are you still using the att.net email?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/6/18 8:06 a.m.

On your behalf I have alerted higher powers of your request.  Hold tight.  Welcome back!  

redjeff30044
redjeff30044 New Reader
7/6/18 4:43 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

yes.  I did create the new account with a gmail address

EastCoastMojo
7/6/18 4:50 p.m.

In reply to redjeff30044 :

I just sent an email to your gmail address with a new password to try. Let me know if that works.

noodle
noodle GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/6/18 8:31 p.m.

Back in the saddle.....Thanks for the help ECMojo!!!

EastCoastMojo
7/6/18 8:32 p.m.

In reply to noodle :

My pleasure! Glad to have you back. yes

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/6/18 8:37 p.m.

Glad it worked out for you.

I had so much difficulty with the magazine's site that I finally gave up and don't read it on line. 

EastCoastMojo
7/6/18 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

Trouble logging in? Or trouble receiving notifications? Since you're using att.net too it may be rejecting forum e-mails at the server level seeing them as spam.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/6/18 9:29 p.m.

Yay. Thank you, EastCoastMojo. 

EastCoastMojo
7/6/18 9:36 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Happy to help! yes

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/10/18 12:32 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Sorry, didn't realize there was a reply to my whining. Thanks! 

Well, I don't really recall much of what was happening, since it's been a few years. 

It's quite possible that was a problem with the emails getting knocked into the spam folder initially, but I did call and try to get it straightened out, and while I think I did receive the confirmation emails, it never did work.

What really finally discouraged me was how each time I tried to register, it saved my user name, then when I couldn't get on, that user name option became unavailable (already in use). Technical support was unable (at least at that time) to override the issues that I encountered. 

EastCoastMojo
7/10/18 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

Hmmm. I did not see multiple usernames assigned to your e-mail, so I'm not sure what happened there either. I did see that your option for watchlist notifications was not active, so I updated that - you should receive an email for watched threads now whenever there is an update. If you don't want to receive those just let me know, I'll change it back.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZAazXNtWlS05CO8OxJq6sqD7KNrIrfCwQ6xrIjZcx5MkCzPqVvvH9nNFCsfJmGDG