1 2 3
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/14/14 8:21 p.m.

I could see myself in a V8 powered version with those Rotas. Talk about a COOL tow rig...

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
5/14/14 10:07 p.m.

I know it has been discussed here before but I didn't see it mentioned in this thread. That generation of Dodge van is preferred for this treatment because it is a unibody. The unibody vans are easy to spot because of the little up kick in the bottom of the body below the front doors.

I still think about doing this all the time. I still may give it a try if the right opportunity comes along.

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/15/14 1:24 a.m.

Badass http://www.truckinweb.com/features/1304tr_2006_chevy_express_3500/

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
5/15/14 3:12 a.m.

Them dajibans are cool but I'd prefer slamming an astrovan with LSx

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/14 7:29 a.m.
driver109x wrote: Them dajibans are cool but I'd prefer slamming an astrovan with LSx

So it would be an asivan?

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/15/14 9:55 a.m.

Awesome express van

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/15/14 10:00 a.m.

Oh the possibilities with that beast to make one hell of a road cruiser. I wonder if a LS9 would fit? And I hate vans

Cooter
Cooter Reader
9/20/14 9:37 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I know it has been discussed here before but I didn't see it mentioned in this thread. That generation of Dodge van is preferred for this treatment because it is a unibody. The unibody vans are easy to spot because of the little up kick in the bottom of the body below the front doors. I still think about doing this all the time. I still may give it a try if the right opportunity comes along.

All Dodge vans were unibody.

Went looking for info on these, as I started thinking about building one again, and of course, where do I find people screwed up enough to like them? ;^)

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
9/20/14 10:18 p.m.

In reply to Cooter:

I stand corrected sir. I somehow got the idea that they went unibody only for the half tons in the 98 redesign. But apparently they all were unibody from the beginning.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
9/20/14 11:27 p.m.
driver109x wrote: Them dajibans are cool but I'd prefer slamming an astrovan with LSx

HELLCAT DAJIBAN YES

E: http://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/634579/1

Looks like you can get them lowered right fairly easily.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/21/14 1:35 a.m.

Mine just needs to be lowered now

photo 466E221E-1D03-4ADF-8DAC-AACD8C3D7F2C_zpszqiryhki.jpg

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
9/21/14 10:40 a.m.

Ehh, cut the coils, blocks in the rear , done.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
9/21/14 9:30 p.m.
alex wrote: I thought about that. Likely easier to lower, too, since I think they're just F150s underneath. But, I've resolved myself to not get an E-series until i can afford a nice SWB Econoline from '69-'74 with that snubnose and fantastic aluminum grille. Although, if I could find an '80s shortbox E-line with a 300 I-6 and a 5 speed, that'd look pretty good in Ford Racin' Blue, dropped on AR mags...

I hate to be that guy and reply to an old post, but the E series vans are not at all like the F series trucks underneath. Our 2012 E150 work van has the STUPID TWIN I BEAM SUSPENSION that has been under them for decades. Even when production ended in 2014, they still had that ancient suspension system. If you keep too many tools and such in the back, the ass end squats and the camber goes all positive and wears the outer edges of the tires.

Great vans, but freakin' hard to lower much. If you look at the mini truck/lowrider crowd, and very rarely see certain models lowered, it's usually because those models take a ton of work to lower, so everyone keeps building he same stuff.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
9/21/14 10:03 p.m.

Besides that, if you're going to lower a Ferd van, there's only one acceptable van to lower:

Although an Aerostar would probably be cool.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/14/15 10:11 p.m.

Just bumping this thread since these vans were tonight's topic of conversation.

You're welcome, Kurt.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/15 7:33 a.m.

Did somebody say DAJIBAN?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h-j29ozp_yM

David S. Wallens
7/15/15 8:26 a.m.

Ha, that video is what started our little conversation.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
7/15/15 9:50 a.m.

Dajiban idea: Dodge Ram V10 into Dajiban. If we're dreaming might as well toss in a T56 and try to make it column shift.

David S. Wallens
7/15/15 6:40 p.m.

And now we have a second thread on this:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/dajiban-grand-prix-awesome-japanese-grassroots-racing/103680/page1/

Yeah, cool stuff.

EliteOutdoor
EliteOutdoor New Reader
7/21/23 8:26 p.m.

I'm looking for some type of custom front bumper and or grill for a 2000 model Dodge ram van 1500. If someone could shoot me an email at service@utdoorLLC.com I would be greatly appreciative

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ChJzhmdRszpZ75VnNPdPGNT0qSb4SLHjaMKr8yaKRdvsXr9SpocXGi9Jtx3TmGoB