Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
12/19/08 4:55 p.m.

Hey guys,

I know there was a thread on the old board about this awesome new game. My kids just got it for Christmas last weekend,and we have been having fun with it. I was wondering if,and how I could race with some fellow GRM'ers? I am still pretty new at it,and have not figured out the hole shot yet. The manual says to time hitting the accelerator button to get the hole shot,but I have tried lots of different timing,and no luck. Any help with that one? I just unlocked two new races in the 50cc setting,and king Boo as well,so I am not too advanced. Fun game none-the-less.

Chris

79 RX-7 GS

74 REPU

78 Datsun 510 coupe

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
12/19/08 7:26 p.m.

To get the "holeshot" "turbo boost" "super acceleration" thinger at the beginning, press the gas between the appearance of the number 2 and the number 1.

I don't play online because my Wii isn't plugged into the Internets, but come to think of it, I could use the wireless stuff! Maybe I'll go do that now, because I have such a social life that I'm drinking beer playing Wii at 8:30 on a Friday...

laz
laz New Reader
12/19/08 9:23 p.m.

Real life mario kart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y

noodle
noodle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/19/08 11:35 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: My kids just got it for Christmas last weekend

What alternate universe do you live in? Our Santa doesn't come until next week.

BTW, finally my wife will not look like a goofball throwing the joystick around in front of herself.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky New Reader
12/19/08 11:50 p.m.

We need to trade friend codes and have a tourney.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
12/20/08 7:37 a.m.

http://archive.grassrootsmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=35601

pigeon
pigeon Reader
12/20/08 12:45 p.m.

yeah, i'm in this time for some friend play - gotta kick the kids off long enough to come up with my friend code, i'll post it back up here later.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky New Reader
12/20/08 2:06 p.m.

My code is 1977-2477-6034. I'm adding the ones in the archived thread to my friend list. I'm just hoping the people from that thread see this one and add me back.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
12/20/08 3:00 p.m.
noodle wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote: My kids just got it for Christmas last weekend
What alternate universe do you live in? Our Santa doesn't come until next week. BTW, finally my wife will not look like a goofball throwing the joystick around in front of herself.

We did the Christmas thing with my parents lats weekend to save on the travelling thing between Christmas eve,and Christmas day. I know it sonds weird,but with two large families,and two kids it is tough on Christmas day to travel to three or four different places,so we came up with this last year,and it saves a bunch of hassle.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/20/08 8:57 p.m.

Doing Christmas not on Christmas is a great way to go, especially if you have to travel. If you did it after the real date, you can even save big on presents from the sales!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VEWPiPngH09m6QipOdLN1D8bw2C43XjV1tLI7srws5qX1Reqg1CRngH4EVC3Dq3N