1 2
SoloSonett
SoloSonett New Reader
8/14/08 11:15 a.m.

AHHHH MY EYES!

Mental
Mental SuperDork
8/14/08 11:17 a.m.

Hey, if we're talking about women that wear to much makeup and are outgoing and exhuberant, at least get a fun one;

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords New Reader
8/14/08 11:27 a.m.

I think i'm part Mexican

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
8/14/08 11:43 a.m.

you know the owner of that orange riveria was telling her: "hey, watch the paint"

therex
therex Dork
8/14/08 12:03 p.m.

Edit:

Removed at the request of Mrs. Rex.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett New Reader
8/14/08 12:06 p.m.
Mental wrote: Hey, if we're talking about women that wear to much makeup and are outgoing and exhuberant, at least get a fun one;

Ah...Thats better Thanks!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/14/08 12:11 p.m.

Ouch. That's a lousy experience. I don't know squat about MK, but it sounds like a bum deal.

At the company I worked for I know a lot of the women were making bank (I saw the numbers), and I never heard of them pulling something like that -- although I really wouldn't know if they did.

therex
therex Dork
8/14/08 12:16 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Ouch. That's a lousy experience. I don't know squat about MK, but it sounds like a bum deal. At the company I worked for I know a lot of the women were making bank (I saw the numbers), and I never heard of them pulling something like that -- although I really wouldn't know if they did.

Well, there are lots of variables. Alot of it depends on population density and upstream support. See, in a perfect world, there would be a maximum number of MK associates per numbers of the population, and recruiters would concentrate on having the most successful members for the job, and spend more time in grooming and training.

As it stands, AFAIK, there is no such limit, and so unscrupulous individuals just recruit as many people as they can in hopes that the initial order will be large enough that the "cut" from that will be worth their trouble.

At it's base, it's a pyramid scheme, and what's more tragic is that it would be more successful as a whole if they'd just freakin' drop the whole pyramid aspect.

Kramer
Kramer New Reader
8/14/08 2:17 p.m.

Why aren't women who are dieting allowed to wear makeup?

Because it's hard to eat Jenny Craig with Mary Kay on your face.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
8/14/08 2:47 p.m.
therex wrote: At it's base, it's a pyramid scheme, and what's more tragic is that it would be more successful as a whole if they'd just freakin' drop the whole pyramid aspect.

More successful for who? Those that are currently at the top probably are pretty happy with the current success.

As with any pyramid scheme, it requires that you keep adding new suckers. Moving the product becomes second to moving the program.

therex
therex Dork
8/14/08 2:49 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote:
therex wrote: At it's base, it's a pyramid scheme, and what's more tragic is that it would be more successful as a whole if they'd just freakin' drop the whole pyramid aspect.
More successful for who? Those that are currently at the top probably are pretty happy with the current success. As with any pyramid scheme, it requires that you keep adding new suckers. Moving the product becomes second to moving the program.

More successful in the cosmetics industry. You're right of course. The worst thing to ever happen was for Her Royal Harpiness Herself (pbuh) to buy back the company. A publicly traded company could not keep up such shady business.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
8/14/08 3:03 p.m.

Yes, more successful in the cosmetics industry, if that was really the industry they were in, I think it would be clearer to say that they are in the Multi-Level Marketing Industry (Pyramid). The product becomes secondary to the process.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
8/14/08 10:38 p.m.

Considering the marketing success and visibility of the MK pink cars, I've always kinda been suprised that Amway didn't supply Jaguars painted like $100 bills.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
12HWQmDwNzfGNhutM7BvL6IsjN6CoQUEiuCYfK4DJCrGXprX4mqqr5yYN42kulq3