GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/25/13 8:58 p.m.

Just got back from the briefing meeting for an offroad TSD 17 hours long, with 14 hours of driving in it I did one that started to push past 11 and was microsleeping at the checkpoints near the end. My navigator's entire driving experience is about 5 minutes of driving my Sammy in a parking lot, and he ran it over a curb doing that so I can't switch.

Oh and I have 3 evenings to do a E36 M3-ton of work on the Sammy AND much of the gear I need to take.

And I might need to get a crew to do a fuel stop because a big chunk of it takes place far from gas stations, but the club might get a truck to transport fuel containers for people who don't have external carriers.

Edit: Also on the day of the event it will be raining...for the 5th day straight.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
6/25/13 9:20 p.m.

Stimulants are your friend here.

GameboyRMH
6/28/13 5:56 p.m.

Well the rain wasn't as bad as forecast this week...until just now. Now I'm stuck in the sammy with 60ft of monsoon downpour between me and the house and at least 2 trips worth of stuff to bring in. And I had all the stuff I needed to do neatly planned for tonight...gonna be hard to do now, without any kind of car shelter.

GameboyRMH
6/29/13 4:33 a.m.

Still awake. truck's prepped, gear's fixed, just need to do a little cleaning and gather some stuff and then SLEEP

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
6/29/13 9:14 a.m.

Off road tsd sounds awesome, but 11 hours of driving, off road sounds brutal. Good luck and post pics

GameboyRMH
6/30/13 1:06 p.m.

Made it through about half of the event, my navigator went into it with some neck pain and by then he wasn't feeling up to the rest of it.

My DIY washer bottle made with a gas container zip-tied in place came loose (one of the zip tie joints released, WTF?) and melted on the exhaust heat shield. Too bad I didn't take any before pics, I'll get some after pics later.

Taking pics myself would have been a luxury but I should get some photos taken at the checkpoints and major obstacles in the next few days.

GameboyRMH
6/30/13 5:32 p.m.

Leftovers of DIY washer bottle:

Peeled off easy enough:

Picked up some dirt, note the clean spot where the sticker was:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dPiTRCutqB6ARDzcdnP2JXAyUyY5IAz5nU3W4UAfjs1mgC7vQTJpfOUmll3WO7RD