1 2
Type Q
Type Q Dork
9/23/12 10:46 p.m.

Has anyone else seen this animation from McLaren? I stumbled on to them on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld8-VW-0D2M

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
9/23/12 11:38 p.m.

Hysterical.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/23/12 11:41 p.m.

I've watched a couple episodes. They're actually quite funny.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/24/12 12:07 a.m.

The team was pimping the series with TOONS signage on their rear wings in Singapore.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/24/12 5:05 a.m.

I think that those may be more entertaining than actual F1 racing. I just LOL'ed at the "extra Ks from Mika Häkkinen's name" in episode 3

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/24/12 5:41 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: I think that those may be more entertaining than actual F1 racing. I just LOL'ed at the "extra Ks from Mika Häkkinen's name" in episode 3

Nigel Mansell's mustache had me cracked up.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/24/12 5:57 a.m.

This said that "Framestore is scripting, directing and creating high-end CGI for 12 three-minute episodes." I could only find the first five. When will the others be released?

SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
9/24/12 9:30 a.m.

Six is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbKDcaVKyb8

gamby
gamby PowerDork
9/24/12 9:36 a.m.

That's REALLY well-done. Fantastic find!!!

My favorite little detail was that the rear valence of the golf cart was the same at the MPC-12

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/24/12 11:12 a.m.
SkinnyG wrote: Six is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbKDcaVKyb8

Thanks. I love these. I just sent the link on for my nephew

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/24/12 1:21 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
JoeyM wrote: I think that those may be more entertaining than actual F1 racing. I just LOL'ed at the "extra Ks from Mika Häkkinen's name" in episode 3
Nigel Mansell's mustache had me cracked up.

I keep watching episode 1 over and over, trying to figure out what that guy's stealing from the trophy case.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
9/24/12 2:06 p.m.

Those are brilliant.

James Hunts jockstrap, lol

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/24/12 2:40 p.m.

LOL nice I'm gonna be watching them all now!

Jenson Button's character is just this guy with different hair though:

friedgreencorrado
9/24/12 5:00 p.m.

Curiosity plus da Googs gets me this: The building in the toons is actually the real McLaren Technology Centre.

Well, the exterior is, anyway..

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/12 8:22 a.m.

I'm [im]patiently waiting for Ep.7 to show up on youtube, these things are just too funny!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/25/12 9:29 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Curiosity plus da Googs gets me this: The building in the toons is actually the real McLaren Technology Centre. Well, the exterior is, anyway..

I want to believe that the McLaren Technology Center truly is a flying building with an F1-speed treadmill track in the basement, and that they grow Stigs there in vats. (In bunches, like grapes, of course.

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/25/12 9:37 a.m.

team mate / rival/ team mate/ rival/ team mate/ rival

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/12 10:34 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: I want to believe that the McLaren Technology Center truly is a flying building with an F1-speed treadmill track in the basement, and that they grow Stigs there in vats. (In bunches, like grapes, of course.

"Some say that he grew on a vine in Surrey, and that he goes good with a nice chicken alfredo. All we know is, he's called the Stig!"

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/12 11:06 a.m.

the thief appears over and over again.. getting more brazen each time

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/25/12 12:27 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: I want to believe that the McLaren Technology Center truly is a flying building with an F1-speed treadmill track in the basement, and that they grow Stigs there in vats. (In bunches, like grapes, of course.

They probably do have a wind tunnel dyno in there...

friedgreencorrado
9/25/12 6:30 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
They probably do have a wind tunnel dyno in there...

But does Marvin Whitmarsh have "hell toupee"?

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/25/12 11:41 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: I keep watching episode 1 over and over, trying to figure out what that guy's stealing from the trophy case.

That guy is Stepney in disguise and he's stealing secrets.

friedgreencorrado
9/25/12 11:55 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote: I keep watching episode 1 over and over, trying to figure out what that guy's stealing from the trophy case.

No, it's not too soon. That was hilarious.

My favorite one so far is actually Episode 5..there's a bunch of McLaren/Ferrari rivalry in that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_VYeejaeI

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/26/12 6:36 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
No, it's not too soon. That was hilarious. My favorite one so far is actually Episode 5..there's a bunch of McLaren/Ferrari rivalry in that one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_VYeejaeI

with the prancing horse changed into a puppy dog.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
11/8/12 2:16 p.m.

restarting the thread to link to Episode 7 and Episode 8

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
stIQKWokpaypOMBu73EvlZVMSBlcTgcvDzjDmjBGl4YYQAVGrYYBRVdi5bRNtyIU