1 ... 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 1577
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/24 8:43 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to NickD :

I never hear anybody bragging about how great their EV is, or being self righteous about driving one.

Mostly I hear reactionary non-EV owners bitching about how stupid EVs are, making sarcastic fun of them, and complaining about EV owners.

So there's that.

 

How do you know someone has a Tesla?

Oh, don't worry ,  they'll tell you.

mattm
mattm GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/21/24 9:52 p.m.

As an EV owner, don't have to tell anyone, I just let the launches from the stop light tell the tale.  Haven't heard any feedback after the first foot.  Just ordered my third and the most powerful one yet.  EV only for 15 months now for the family, and personally EV only since 2019. I prefer my race cars, as in actual caged race cars for the track, to be gas powered.   My experience with EV only transportation over the last 4 years, has demonstrated the advantages of high torque from low rpm and the benefits of filling up from the gas station in your home.

 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/21/24 10:00 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Duke said:

In reply to NickD :

I never hear anybody bragging about how great their EV is, or being self righteous about driving one.

Mostly I hear reactionary non-EV owners bitching about how stupid EVs are, making sarcastic fun of them, and complaining about EV owners.

So there's that.

 

How do you know someone has a Tesla?

Oh, don't worry ,  they'll tell you.

I've honestly never experienced that.

 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
2/21/24 10:03 p.m.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/21/24 10:51 p.m.

When planets align

 

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
2/21/24 11:20 p.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:
Duke said:

In reply to NickD :

I never hear anybody bragging about how great their EV is, or being self righteous about driving one.

Mostly I hear reactionary non-EV owners bitching about how stupid EVs are, making sarcastic fun of them, and complaining about EV owners.

So there's that.

 

How do you know someone has a Tesla?

Oh, don't worry ,  they'll tell you.

I've honestly never experienced that.

 

The guy in the post above you just said he doesn't tell people about his tesla, while telling us about his tesla.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/22/24 7:05 a.m.

In reply to Racebrick :

AFTER the topic of smarmy EV owners already came up.  He didn't just volunteer it into conversation.

Meme unrelated:

chandler
chandler MegaDork
2/22/24 7:41 a.m.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/22/24 7:56 a.m.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/22/24 8:14 a.m.
mattm said:

As an EV owner, don't have to tell anyone, I just let the launches from the stop light tell the tale.  Haven't heard any feedback after the first foot.  Just ordered my third and the most powerful one yet.  EV only for 15 months now for the family, and personally EV only since 2019. I prefer my race cars, as in actual caged race cars for the track, to be gas powered.   My experience with EV only transportation over the last 4 years, has demonstrated the advantages of high torque from low rpm and the benefits of filling up from the gas station in your home.

 

Thank you for proving the point. I wonder what the percentages are of ev owners and crossfitters?

The best Electric Car memes :) Memedroid

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
2/22/24 8:25 a.m.

This is the meme thread, not the whiny bitch thread. Take your bullE36 M3 elsewhere and post funnies.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/22/24 8:26 a.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/24 8:33 a.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:
Duke said:

In reply to NickD :

I never hear anybody bragging about how great their EV is, or being self righteous about driving one.

Mostly I hear reactionary non-EV owners bitching about how stupid EVs are, making sarcastic fun of them, and complaining about EV owners.

So there's that.

 

How do you know someone has a Tesla?

Oh, don't worry ,  they'll tell you.

I've honestly never experienced that.

 

You haven't met my brother-in-law. He will happily spend hours talking about his S and his EV motorcycles. 

Or Craig, a guy that lived down the street from me. He stopped by with his 3 the day he bought it because I'm the car guy in the neighborhood. 

A lot of that is just car people being car people. I tend to tell people about the cars I buy as well. The main difference is I don't think the people I tell about them should buy the same thing. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/22/24 8:35 a.m.

I've only ridden in a few Teslas, and I didn't know any of the owners had one until we were walking out to the parking lot for lunch and I asked if they could drive.  Most EV owners just have it as an appliance and are not evangelists.

Yeah, there are some people that get excited, but they are a small %.

 

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
2/22/24 8:37 a.m.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
2/22/24 9:34 a.m.
mattm said:

and the benefits of filling up from the gas station in your home.

You mean you don't have a standalone above ground fuel tank at home? I guess that's a benefit of living in the country....

Required meme:

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/22/24 11:18 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/22/24 11:19 a.m.

travellering
travellering Dork
2/22/24 11:44 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

From working in and around cheaper versions of this machinery, it's funny how far off the mark they were in what they thought was an exaggeration of the cost.  This is like putting up a picture of a Hellcat and saying "No-one needs a car that can do 0-60 in under 10 seconds..."

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/22/24 12:32 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I work on $350k CNC machines that are nowhere near as mighty as that one. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/22/24 12:38 p.m.
914Driver said:

9 Realities Of Sharing A Bed With Your Dog | Funny dog memes, Best big dogs,  Funny dogs

20 Memes That Perfectly Sum Up What It's Like Sleeping with a Dog In Your  Bed - Animal Comedy - Animal Comedy, funny animals, animal gifs

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/22/24 2:11 p.m.
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to NickD :

I work on $350k CNC machines that are nowhere near as mighty as that one. 

The machine in that picture is closer to $3.8 million than it is to $381,000.

 

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ† MegaDork
2/22/24 2:15 p.m.

To a hobbyist the different doesn't matter.

Machinist Memes – Conroe Manufacturing

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ† MegaDork
2/22/24 2:17 p.m.

CNC Machinist Humor | Job shop, Machine shop, Cnc machinist

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/22/24 3:05 p.m.
NickD said:

New Yankee Workshop has been doing exactly that for decades.

1 ... 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 1577

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w9QATy09XxIbeEMNlZ90xMeEM3fmaoG1gEQHj8DS0KevhY0m3AxOStk8NQJuIAZ5