Goth Clowns maybe?  Not sure either.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/6/20 11:43 p.m.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/7/20 10:08 a.m.
barefootskater said:

The more accurate version (possibly) of the story is that during Lend Lease the Russians provided a list of everything they would need from the US in order to defeat the Germans. As they were feeling a little put out at having to request help in the first place, they tried to project a sense of superiority during the process. So in the list of sundry items they requested a supply of condoms, size large. The US obliged, but they wrote on the packages "condoms; Russian size large, US size medium"

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 10:10 a.m.
bearmtnmartin said:
barefootskater said:

The more accurate version (possibly) of the story is that during Lend Lease the Russians provided a list of everything they would need from the US in order to defeat the Germans. As they were feeling a little put out at having to request help in the first place, they tried to project a sense of superiority during the process. So in the list of sundry items they requested a supply of condoms, size large. The US obliged, but they wrote on the packages "condoms; Russian size large, US size medium"

And I heard it as a joke that Gorbachev called up Reagan and said we have a national emegency, there is a condom shortage, can you help us out?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 8:43 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/8/20 7:17 a.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/8/20 10:18 a.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/8/20 10:19 a.m.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/8/20 11:04 a.m.
Toyman01 (Generally Supportive Dude) said:

Thank you.  I needed that!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/8/20 12:46 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/8/20 12:54 p.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/8/20 3:41 p.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/8/20 3:41 p.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/8/20 3:42 p.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/8/20 3:43 p.m.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/8/20 3:58 p.m.
barefootskater said:

I like to think of Old Town Road as one of the most anti-establishment songs of all time. Hear me out- 

Young black man makes country song based on things he studied. Song catches serious heat, starts charting on the country 100. Country gets its panties in a wad and kicks the song off, saying it's not country. Billy Ray Cyrus, in possibly the biggest berkeley you i've seen in a while, hops on the track for a remix, outpacing the original by an order of magnitude, and making it a bonafide country hit in the process. The only way you were getting more country than that was if Merle Haggard was on it. So- we have a black guy and Billy Ray hitting #1, and staying there- and then the guy comes out as gay. No one on this earth would have ever picked a gay black man to hit #1 in country, let alone AT ALL. Pretty awesome for a dude that bought the beat online, if you ask me. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/8/20 4:34 p.m.

That's the most punk rock thing I've heard of in a while.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
6/8/20 7:12 p.m.

1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 ... 1588

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XpuMMS1H1bG30cJ2rStQxEsZQfecC8jVtE0oevZMf4MWOrRTlt5fGy1XfS6omoYM